vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  06:50:42 AM  Show Profile
I am with you girls, I hate cleaning too. But the worst jobs here are cleaning the grease trap in the basement (words can not discribe) and the septic tank, yes we do it ourselves. I have also been putting off cleaning the chicken coop, but just now thinking about the septic tank it doesn't seem so bad.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  08:08:38 AM  Show Profile
I hate cleaning our desk. ALLLLLL those papers and each one needs you to make a decision - throw it out, file it, or? and there ends up being a lot of 'or's... gosh I hate that. And I totally don't mind dusting or vacuuming, you just do it. but sorting and organizing is the worst in my mind. and neither my husband or I are good at staying on top of it, so our desk is like a mad house.

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  08:19:53 AM  Show Profile
I hate cleaning the bathroom downstairs. It is the one my husband used when he is working outside or in his woodshop. Plus he has all those woodwoeking mag. in there!!!! GROSS!!!!!!!

Tina
Farmgirl#455
Go to Top of Page

Dawniamw
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Dawnia
Mapleton Depot PA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  8:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Dawniamw a Yahoo! Message
the toilet. I hate cleaning the toilet. I'd also have to say the tub, only because of the hairballs, and the seemingly constant mold. I don't mind the dusting or mopping too much, but I have to wear a mask when I'm cleaning or the dust and mold sets my allergies and my asthma off. And I hear you Elise about the dishes, I don't mind doing them, but I always seem to get them done, just before I have to turn around and start using them to make dinner! lol
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  8:41:02 PM  Show Profile
I don't like dusting (thats why I am putting most of my things in boxes. Less work & headache for me). Reason why is I keep on sneezing nonstop. I also don't enjoy washing windows (it drives me insane when i see smudges/streaks so I gave up and gave it to my husband). I don't mind washing dishes even though it is never ending chores but I feel it is stress reliever for me after a long long day at work looking at 2 computers.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2010 :  10:36:24 AM  Show Profile
I like the idea of swapping out nasty chores with each other I like doing dishes & vacuuming & laundry (kind of the repetitive tasks because it gives me time to think). I *really* don't like dusting or having anything get dust on them. My husband has lots of knickknacks & I just want to stick them all in a box so they don't get dust on em. Also, I don't like cleaning out the inside of the car because of, you guessed it, dust!! Second nasty chore is the bathroom (with a husband & two boys, 'nuff said

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2010 :  7:43:07 PM  Show Profile
I would have to say cleaning the bathrooms...maybe because I live in a house of boys but it is my least favorite and I like cleaning...

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  08:16:25 AM  Show Profile
Cleaning the bathroom is not a thrill for me [that always seems to need doing - even the day after I have done it!].
But the thing I really don't like right now is trying to clean the bathtub. It's too hard to bend and kink myself to reach and scrub [this house was poorly designed and the tub smacks right up against the sink cabinet].
Dusting is the other that is far down the list. I have the museum style house too...
Smiles !
Carla

It's not just life-
It's an adventure!

http://familyhistoryfindings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  10:18:39 AM  Show Profile
I agree Carla. OUr tub is right against the toilet. Hardly any room to move and the toilet next to the sink. YOu could practically hug it. I guess that is just part of living in an old farmhouse but I am pretty sure the men designed the house..heheheh

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  5:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Cleaning the refrigerator! I always let it go until I can't stand it anymore. I have been blessed. As annoying as my DH is, he does not pee on the floor, and if he shaves he washes the hair down the drain, so bathroom is not bad.

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  6:49:13 PM  Show Profile
I usually don't mind cleaning, and vacuuming is my stress-reliever! But I hate hate hate scooping the litter box. Love my kitties, but having to do their box is a nasty chore, and I've been doing it everyday for the last twenty-seven years!!!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  3:58:19 PM  Show Profile
dishes and the trash or gettin the kids to take out the trash , it's a never ending chore
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  6:19:08 PM  Show Profile
I'd have to say folding laundry and cleaning the tub! I don't mind when it's done and the tub is all shiny but I just hate doing it. ICK!!

farmgirl sister#43
"All you need is faith, trust and......a little bit of pixie dust" ~Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  1:06:39 PM  Show Profile
I still hate the vacuum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  2:46:59 PM  Show Profile
Our bathroom doesn't really need a lot of cleaning (it's me and my Mom, the only real cleaning is organizing our beauty products!), but I would have to my least favorite chore/cleaning job is changing my sheets. I have a loft bed, so the mattress is stuck in it's little box, so I have to pull up the mattress and then move it over so that I can put the new sheets on. Laundry is actually my favorite chore, and my Mom has let me do most of the laundry tasks for the past few years. I actually can't wait until college so I can do my own laundry!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Peg Graham
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Peg
Chesapeake Virginia
USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  07:32:33 AM  Show Profile
1. I never clean the cat's litter boxes (boys do that)
2. I never dust the ceiling fans-due to severe dust allergy (husband does that)
3. I never scoop the doggie poop in the yard (husband does that and puts it into our Doggy Dooley).
4. I never shampoo the carpets....only because my husband is a carpet shampoo control freak...kwim?

miles of smiles~Peg
My Blogs:
http://unforgettable-peggraham.blogspot.com/
http://knitapalooza.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  3:32:54 PM  Show Profile
I don't mind cleaning if the house stayed cleanish for an hour at least. I have little mess makers trailing behind me, feels futile to clean most days but I can't stand stepping on things or seeing obvious grime.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

mndreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Vicky
Popple Creek MN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  3:38:24 PM  Show Profile
Definitely dusting! I live in an antique house full of antiques. I just convince myself that the dust lends itself to the authenticity!

~Vicky~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. ~~Ronald Reagan

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  4:38:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Tammy - I'm the only girl in the house, too, and cleaning the bathrooms - especially the commodes - is the chore I dislike the most. Other than that, I actually like to clean! I just wish when I was done it lasted longer! LOL! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 11 2010 4:53:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

LauraJane
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Laura
Denver CO
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  8:55:02 PM  Show Profile
Cleaning the bathroom and the tub! Blechh!! I have no problem doing dishes - daily chore around here since we don't have a dishwasher! (If I didn't have a window to stare of though I would be miserable. haha)

Laura
Farmgirl #2005

May you be happy, may you be well!
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  10:07:25 AM  Show Profile
My least favorite is definitely vacuuming. My husband seems to enjoy it though and is very thorough with it so I am definitely fortunate in that regard. I actually enjoy the other cleaning tasks.
Go to Top of Page

corrabelle
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Corrabelle
Hamilton, Morrowville ontario, Kansas
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  11:23:04 AM  Show Profile
putting laundry away. I don't mind washing it, hanging it, or even folding it. It's sorting it into different bedrooms etc and getting it in the drawers. It's really silly, I know! I have no idea why either. argh.
Bathrooms are a close second.

Corrabelle
http://themayberrysparrow.com
A Kansas gal living in Ontario. Sigh.

Go to Top of Page

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  4:08:20 PM  Show Profile
Cleaning the oven. Whiping up the brown goo. Hard to believe so many good smells and great tasking food and baked goods came out of there.

Everything has it's time.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  8:19:13 PM  Show Profile
Dusting, cause it will be back tomorrow.

I wear my cape around my waist.

http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  5:16:32 PM  Show Profile
I pretty much hate all of them. Although once I get started and finish a job, I'm pretty pleased with the results. So I guess procrastination is my bigger problem! ;)

~Cindy
Farmgirl #1273
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Least favorite cleaning job Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page