Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I am a little depressed... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  07:09:23 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OK... A LOT depressed!!! I was watching the Today show and they are in San Antonio, TX and they had Lee Ann Womack singing and it just broke my heart... I miss my TEXAS so much!! I am actually bawling...I can't explain my love for Texas...but I so miss it!!!

Heather

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  07:12:59 AM  Show Profile
Aww....Heather! I can relate to this. I get that way about MY Florida sometimes too. It's homesick, Girlfriend! Sorry you are so down. Hoping today will be a brighter day!

HUGS

Jessie

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  07:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Heather *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  07:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I so understand girl! I miss MY Seattle so much some times. I bawled my eyes out after my last visit a few of weeks ago. I didn't want to leave. *Hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  07:21:19 AM  Show Profile
I was watching that this morning. I think we all get homesick for what we consider home. Feel Happy soon!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  07:35:20 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I hope you get to come back soon! I know how you feel. I remember when I was in the Philippines for a year and I would just sit down and cry sometimes because something would remind me of home. I tried to make the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays special , but it really didn't work very well. I am so glad I had the experience though, because it made me appreciate the real joys in life.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  10:27:49 AM  Show Profile
Hoping your days gets better! Farmgirl Hugs!

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  11:47:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Heather...I'm so sorry you're unhappy today. Being homesick can be so difficult.

I hope it makes you feel better that we farmgirls really do care.

Hugs, Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  12:35:24 PM  Show Profile
I lve 30 miles from where I grew up but I was stationed in Fort Sam Houston. I loved it there. It was the blizzard of 77 up here and down there it was warm & friendly. I was only there for a few months but it was beautiful. How far away are you from your home? Hugs to you

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  12:41:47 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
Hugs to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  2:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies. I am about a 14 hour drive away. Tyler is only about 10, I think. I just love Texas...did I meantion I love Texas...well if I didn't, I love Texas. : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  2:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I miss my Texas too. I never lived there, but my sister did. She was my Texas. She so loved everything about Texas. She died 4 years ago and my heart has been broken ever since. The only time I was able to physically be in Texas was to visit her just before she passed away. Texas was everything she said it was and more. From the blue bonnets to the blue skies, I do understand why she adored living there. And once I visited, I finally understood the meaning of "Don't Mess with Texas!".

Sending you a great big hug. Those fond memories that you have that bring tears to your eyes are truly a gift from God. How terrible it would be not to be able to remember just how much it means to you. So, enjoy those memories, savor every one and relive them over and over again until you are content with knowing that it will live in your heart forever.

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3

Edited by - GrammyGoose on Jul 29 2009 5:22:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  2:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I was watching that this morning. I swear the first thing that came to my mind was I wondered if you were watching to and if it would make you sad you aren't there. I am sure one day you will go back again. It is hard though to wait. You haven't been in your new place long enough to form any real attachments to it, when you do I bet you will love it there too.

Smiles and joy,
MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1676 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1676 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  4:55:58 PM  Show Profile
Heather, Here's a big howdy from Alvin, Texas. Sorry that your feeling bad.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  06:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I understand.... I think Texas is .. it's own culture...way of life...people... hard to explain ...I love Texas... I am really proud to be Texan... I don't think some people would understand until you've lived here! Maybe you'll be back someday! *HUGS*!!!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  07:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How are you feeling, Heather? Things getting any easier? Are you finding some ways to get adult conversation into your day?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  1:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I hope your feeling better. Sometimes change is hard. It will get better, I promise!

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  02:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I'm so sorry you're feeling homesick Heather. I know that feeling. I had it myself 20+ years ago when I moved from my home state of Iowa to Wisconsin. I was 30 yrs. old and I'd never lived further than 30 miles away from my place of birth. Moving to a bigger city and far away from family, friends and neighbors was a shock to my small town girl psyche. I remember crawling into bed one night and just bawlin' my eyes out. Hubby wondered what was wrong and blubbering I told him what all I missed. It seemed having a good cry and talking about it helped me a great deal. It also helped that I started to make new friends so I began to feel like I belonged. I hope that soon you feel better and find good things to love about your new home. Maybe attend some community functions, check out the library and find some places to explore.
Farm girl hugggzz to you.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I am a little depressed... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page