westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  08:10:41 AM  Show Profile
My husband & I love the state of Maryland. It has everything we love & it's not far from our families but yet far enough to have the life we want. After alot of illness, financial problems & other struggles we had, were at a point where we can make a change. We are going down in a couple of weeks to look around. We wont move until he retires (8yrs.) but we can purchase our little peice of heaven on earth now, make payments, go down weekends, work on it & enjoy it.
The easternshore is wild with dolphins, eagles, the wild ponies & all sorts of animals. The inland is rolling hills w/ farms & the west starts the mountains. It has everything we love. Were going for a long w/end in July for the pony swim. Assateague & Chincoteague islands are national parks so they cant build on them. It's beautiful, wild & free. So, that is our plan and if it's Gods will, it will be. It does feel very right and we have no doubts at all. Now the fun begins, looking for the right place. We would like about 3 acres, small, but enough. I'll keep you posted. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  08:24:59 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like you are well on your way to fulfilling a dream - I can't wait to hear of your progress! What an exciting decision!!! I have only been to the "city" part of Maryland, and it was nice, too - but the "wild" part sounds absolutely wonderful!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  3:18:36 PM  Show Profile
michele .. we lived in the annapolis area for about 20 years .. and it is lovely! our eldest daughter lives in delaware .. just about 5 minutes from ocean city .. and every time i go back to visit .. i take the 'grandes' to assoteague .. i don't think they ever tire of seeing the 'wild horses'. (i prefer visiting during the cooler parts of the year cuz' of so many visitors and the FLIES during the hot, summer months. Western Maryland is so charming too and probably better land values for farming if that's what you're thinking. What part of maryland do your families live in? You will love living in Maryland .. such variety in the state!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  3:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like my sorta place to be Michele. Wishing you all the best with finding something.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  09:28:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie, we have family in Berlin & thar area, Dover and very so. west jersey. We are looking for about 3 acres. Also we love sailing & Ed (hubby) wants to get a 14 or 16 foot daysailer. We love maryland, everything in one place. I dont like cities at all, they make me feel closed in, but if we need them, they aren't far. My husband jokes about me being closer to DC, bugging the white house about the enviroment. Western Maryland is beautiful and we will look around that way first for a few acres. It is very exceiting. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic were Maryland bound Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page