Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ok..you TP hoarders... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  5:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Where do you put it??? I have it stuffed everywhere, so much so Scott wondered if we won some. I swear if you open a closet or drawer, some will fall out. I think it is my one crazy obsession...

Heather

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  5:32:35 PM  Show Profile
Basement pantry of course. That way no one knows of my obsessions!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  5:33:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,

I have about a 6 month supply. We keep it in one place in our basement. Most of what we have is in very large packages from Costco, so they stack very nicely. I can stack about 6-30 roll packages on top of each other.

It would probably shock some people, but we just consider it part of being prepared and saving money. I never purchase TP that isn't on sale.

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  5:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
i put most of it under the sink.. its a pretty big vanity, but if it all doesnt fit there then i i shove it in the other bathroom... no one hardly ever uses it

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  7:17:54 PM  Show Profile
In the laundry room cabinets. I will not run out of toilet paper. Ever.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  7:27:49 PM  Show Profile
Laundry room cabinets also. I like the Costco tp the best. Can't have too much! It's a girl thing probably.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  7:30:32 PM  Show Profile
Hall closet. I should be more stocked up than I am for sure. I used to have a very large rubbermaid tub full in the cellar too. Not lately.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  8:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Like Claudia does, I keep it right under the sink. And- the sink is right across from the Toilet. However, I don't stock pile the stuff. I should say, I don't stock pile the stuff anymore. We went through two floods; Hurricane Rita in 2005 and Hurricane Ike in 2008. When we were allowed to return to our house, along with several wonderful friends to help with the clean-up, guess what we found, in both floods, floating all around the house. TOILET PAPER. LOL Also kotex pads (wrapped). That was about the only funny thing to see. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  8:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Marly...I am sorry your home took a hit but that must have been one BRIGHT moment in such a hard time. : ) Has been thinking I may move some of mine out to the closet.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  8:11:16 PM  Show Profile
I have alot of storage in my canning kitchen which is about 25 feet from my backdoor, that is where I STORE IT AND PAPER TOWELS, KLEENEX AND NAPKINS ALONG WITH PAPERPLATES, THEY ARE ALL IN PLASTIC TUBS, CAUSE OTHER WISE THE MICE WOULD HAVE SOME SOFT NESTS, sorry about the caps, did'nt realize they were on. I try to keep 6 months worth of supplys, which I also try and rotate monthly, I live in earthquake country, ontop of this crappy economy, and I figure that at least one person/family won't be prepared enough, and I will be able to help.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  8:16:25 PM  Show Profile
I wish I had some great storage, but I dont. I do keep TP around because, well, if you have ever run out, you know what thats like.
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  9:07:01 PM  Show Profile
We used to run out of TP when I was growing up, so now I hoard it a little bit.
I keep it in my hall closet, and in my front closet. Along with the TP, I have about six months worth of hygiene supplies, cosmetics etc.
I figure with the economy in the toilet (no pun intended) at least I will have a little stockpile going, and not have to worry too much.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  9:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I put ours under the sink in the bathroom. One large costco pack lasts us almost a year!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  06:23:53 AM  Show Profile
I keep one on a standing TP holder, one on the wall holder, one under a doll on the back of the toilet, and the rest upstairs in the top drawer of a dresser. We have no storage places in this house.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  07:13:07 AM  Show Profile
We don't have many closets at all so our tp is on a shelf under the laundry basket.

Would love to buy the bulk to save from running out but again....storage is a problem
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  08:19:23 AM  Show Profile
We have a short supply in a bathroom cabinet, but most of it is stored in the basement pantry. My husband has a "thing" about TP. He'll only use about 3/4 of a roll before he starts a new one. And he NEVER puts the roll on the holder. On any given day, we have two or three half-used rolls in the bathroom.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  11:15:05 AM  Show Profile
My husband will only put it on the roller if I put it on so the TP comes over the top. (which I believe is the correct way) but I put it on so it is on the underside just tp make him happy. It's the little things that can kill you if you let them.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  6:17:15 PM  Show Profile
I keep about 6 rolls in the vanity and one on the roll and one in a bunny cover on the back of the toilet.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  12:36:30 PM  Show Profile
Well, I know yall will laugh at me
I thought TP
was Tea pots until I got to reading.
Store it any where you need to
You are always in need of it
It is much better than using the old standard
"The Sears Catalog" lol hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativewritings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  12:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Sheila,
That is too funny. I remember those days of the "Sears catalog" in the outhouse. I keep 2 or 3 rolls in the vanity and a stash in the laundry room.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  12:54:54 PM  Show Profile
I usually keep a package of about12 in the linen closet, which is right at the end of the hallway, and next to our bedroom. Tom is a diehard to buy the largest packages of tp he can find.

When I used to ride w/him in the tractor trailer, there was a point where we made a trip about every other week to a proctor & gamble factory..to pick up huge loads of tp, paper towels and laundry powder & laundry liquid. After about the 4th run, I said to tom at about 2 in the morning on the road.."Is your dispatcher trying to tell us something..about all this tp we keep having to get??!" He said he didn't know, but it kinda freaked me out after awhile!

But I really hate to run out of anything, so the more the merrier!!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  1:28:15 PM  Show Profile
Lilia
that was really ruff on your bottom.
I hate it when I go to public bathrooms and people ruin them
hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

aunt boby
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

toby
polo illinois
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  7:26:56 PM  Show Profile
With a family of 6, I never ever have a stockpile of TP. In fact I think my DH personally uses a roll to himself on his visits to the bathroom. Would it be bad of me to hide my stash of Cottonelle and make everyone else use the sandpaper variety?

POOR IS THE MAN WHO CANNOT ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE- anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  8:42:17 PM  Show Profile
Okay...maybe this question is TMI, but do you all use a lot of tp each "visit" to the bathroom? SOmeone says a Costco package will last a year, but I seem to always be trying to stock up on TP. I dont exactly wrap my arm like a cast each time I use it, but maybe my DH does.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  11:01:44 AM  Show Profile
I don't know about her; but I do
I have to go because of a lot of problems with my bladder
and when I have an attack of that
IBS
If it ain't one thing it is another
I am glad I don't have to use The Sears Catalog any more.
think how sore it would be. LOl hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  1:45:07 PM  Show Profile
This is too funny! Well my DH hates tp with just my daughter and I he acts like we have stock in one of the tp companies. Sssoooo, he is putting in the debets in both bathrooms to cut down on our useage. He is so funny!! So, I buy extra and keep it in my big walk in closet under my dresses in the back corner. He buys the greenwise brand and I buy charmin.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards and jewelry, vintage tote bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ok..you TP hoarders... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page