Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic bread slicer guide? Next Topic  

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  6:56:22 PM  Show Profile
I am having a hard time finding one. I went in a kitchen store today and they told me I was the third person to ask for one , but they didn't have any. I just thought it would be a little easier to make neat even slices of homemade bread. Does anyone use anything like this or know of a store that carries them.

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  7:20:51 PM  Show Profile
If you still have all the paperwork to your bread machine, thats where I got mine, if not, and all else fails, google it.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  7:27:32 PM  Show Profile
I googled it once, but you know me. I am just now catching up on the online ordering thing. I just thought its a simple little gadget and someone should carry them. I probably have the paper work somewhere in one of these boxes. Do you use one?
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  7:42:31 PM  Show Profile
yes I sure do, without it, its not a pretty site, it kinda looks like I took a chainsaw to it. Google bread machines, then in who ever you pick, put accessories in their search engine.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  8:00:04 PM  Show Profile
I just have a long Cutco serrated knife that cuts through bread like butter. I've never tired a cutting gadget but have seen them before. I will keep an eye out for you.
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  8:07:42 PM  Show Profile
Well thanks girls. I guess I'll have to get with the times and get used to ordering online. Melody,I have a bread knife , but I still don't get very even straight slices. I appreciate you looking for me.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  8:15:15 PM  Show Profile
Shes looking for a guide, not the cutter, it has evenly spaced splits that you can cut the loaf into pretty/neat, even slices

Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  8:44:17 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I know what a guide is. They have lots on Ebay, wood and plastic. And there is a guy that makes them and sells them at Wild Willie Mountain during Trade Days.

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  10:06:56 PM  Show Profile
I don't have a guide..but one tip is to turn your bread on it's side to cut it...for some reason it is way easier for me to get even slices if I cut it from the side.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic bread slicer guide? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page