Shery Jespersen
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shery
Upton Wyoming
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  6:24:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I am new the the Mary Jane phenomena. I live out of the loop and just learned about 'Mary Jane'. A friend told me about it the other day, she said she'd been meaning to tell me about MJF because when she first discovered it, she thought of me. She shared her most recent mag and books. Oh I was immediately smitten.

My husband and I are cattle ranchers in northeast Wyoming. We raise a few horses also. Less now as we are in our mid-50s. Not knowing where to jump in first, the most natural spot seemed to be animal oriented. I would attach an image but it doesn't seem to work. I have several photo collage videos posted on You Tube - you can find them by typing in my ID - reataroseranch (Reata Rose Ranch).

I'm also an artisan in several mediums, love making things. I was a free-lance designer for publishers in the 80s-90s. I've always loved old things and historic, vintage junk and such...and try to mix it up in my various little art ventures. I work in textiles, found objects...and once upon a time my expertise was in doll-making and historic looking teddies. I also dabble in photography...just a hobby though. I make and sell jewelry too.

I'm anxious to meet kindred spirits as I live in a remote area and I don't have friends whose bubble is as left of center as mine. I love creative work but horses have been a lifelong addiction. There are worse vices.

I'm so looking forward to getting hip deep in MJF, it feels like my earthy-artsy wandering soul found a home. shery jespersen

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  9:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the forum, Shery!! It's great to have another Wyoming gal here! I was born and raised in Worland!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  11:39:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Shery!! I loved your jewelry on you tube..you are sure talented!! It will be so fun to get to know you here! This is a really special place. I know you will love it here!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  02:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Shery and welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place. Lots of horsewomen here and so many very gifted crafters. I know you'll love this site.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  05:35:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Shery. Wow, a Wyoming cattle rancher. I have always wanted a ranch in Wyoming with horses and cattle. Such wide open spaces there. I bet it's just beautiful.

Welcome all the way from Georgia.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  05:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Shery, so glad you joined us, looking forward to more post from you. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  06:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Shery, husband is from Lovell, my dad is from Buffalo and I spent 18 years there, some in Casper, went to high school in Thermopolis. Still have family in Casper, Sheridan, Lovell, & and I have a great grandmother buried in Rock Springs, etc. I have never been to Upton that I can remember. Good to have you here.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  06:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kristin- It IS beautiful in Wyoming. Move up here! I would LOVE to have you for a neighbor! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shery Jespersen
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shery
Upton Wyoming
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  06:55:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I visited the blogs of those who have one and welcomed me...very enjoyable with my morning coffee.

Wyoming is a mix of breathtaking and boring...in so far as scenery. We're on the high plains, out on the grasslands - ranching country - not the spectacular scenery many associate with this state. However, if you like big sky...that we DO have in abundance.

I've not dedicated myself to creating a blog, I suppose I should...? I love beautiful blogs, but I don't have ANY idea where to find the goodies...the decorative backgrounds and so on. I also feel kinda add assuming that others would find my life interesting. I do because I live it, but I can't say as my thoughts and daily comings & goings are all that fascinating. I've got a lot of irons in the fire business-wise and I'm wondering if perhaps blogging has become a modernday neccessity. My jewely shop is located at 1000 Markets.com. Does blogging help people find you? Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  11:03:25 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Shery. Enjoy finding your way around and kick up a chair.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  2:35:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Shery! Your place and your life sound beautiful. Living the dream that so many here just, well, dream of!!

I would just google 'blog background', 'blog template' or 'blog widgets'. That might get you started! Also, 'The Cutest Blog on the Block' has a ton of awesome backgrounds. Good luck!

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  4:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the MJF forum. I know you will enjoy your time here.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Shery Jespersen
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shery
Upton Wyoming
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  4:38:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I visited your blogs and what a talented fun bunch you are. Thank you also for the blogging tips and kind words of praise. I went to a couple antique shops today and found a couple treasures. Tonight I'm making chicken-fried vension steaks for supper. Happy Trails, Shery J
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  10:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Shery, Welcome! I hope you have a wonderful time here! There are a lot of wonderful ladies here! Your jewelry pieces are very pretty!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  10:13:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Shery! I am so excited you joined up here. I am looking forward to learning more about you.

Sharlet
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  2:38:17 PM  Show Profile
Greetings from NC!

We were out in Wyoming and SD last summer. Timed it just as the Sturgis bike rally was wrapping up. What fun! Guess that one can be checked off the bucket list!

We were mostly in Gellette, but managed to get around all over.

I love the pronghorn and smell of white sage.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2320 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2320 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  11:09:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Shery from a fellow cattle middle-age (I use that term loosesly) cattle rancher, altough we don't use horses theses days. I too discovered this site from the magazine, isn't it great. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  12:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Hello Shery from a fellow Wyoming country gal! I'm all the way at the southern end of the state almost directly south of you, near Cheyenne. i was JUST up in your area twice this summer and my hubby and i discussed the possibility that your area would be a place we'd like to retire to or have our permanent home.... it's SO beautiful in the black hills! Plus, i have a new favorite restaurant/pie shop in Newcastle and i'm too far away here to just run on over and have a bite to eat...

anyway, welcome to the Mary Jane family! hope to see you around the message boards!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  4:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Shery,

I have found that blogging does help my business. I have a section at the top of my blog that features a product from my etsy shop. I have received several hits from the blog that resulted in sales. Also, farmgirls try to shop with other farmgirls. You can add your signature with the links to your site and blog under it. It's a really useful tool (thanks MJ)

I enjoy looking at the blogs and getting to know the other girls. They have inspired more creative ideas than I know what to do with.

Btw...another middle aged Wyoming cattle rancher here.

Sherone

http://tinytaylorranch.etsy.com
http://taylorscountrystore.blogspot.com/
http://www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Greetings from Wyoming Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page