Page: of 2

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  08:20:13 AM  Show Profile
Is this how we develop OCD or germ-a-phobia? I don't know. I think it is a strong desire to be clean/healthy paired with some sort of keeping-up-with-the-Joneses mental image we get from...where? It doesn't sound mentally off to me. It sounds like what we expect of ourselves, unfairly, as do-it-all capable women who can balance everything.

I'm trying to limit myself to 1/2 hr. - 1 hr. per day to clean, thanks to another thread where y'all shared what works for you. I think limiting myself (crossing fingers) is re-adjusting the balance of housework. I have been careful to praise my family for what they are doing to take up the slack. Boy, does that feel better than nagging and dragging, and it is a good lesson for them.

I have a big challenge ahead. Relatives coming in about a week to stay for about a week. This sort of thing would send me into a frenzy of cleaning, fussing, and not doing the other things I enjoy. I'm going to stick to my time limit. After all, they aren't coming to visit my house. I don't want to greet them exhausted from marathon cleaning. :) Wish me luck. I wish you luck too!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  09:47:11 AM  Show Profile
Good for you!!!! and remember, don't feel like you need to apologize, after all you are a mom(to a daughter,dog,4 kitties & 2 horses) a wife, a working woman, a gardener & a Wino---I mean a maker of wines! giggle giggle!
You are one VERY busy lady!
I am exhausted just thinking about how busy you are!
hugz

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  10:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You ladies are a breath of fresh air! I am going to get things cleaned up and straightend up for practicality, not to be confused with imaculatity (Okay not a real word but ya know...they had to have the same ending )

I am going to clean for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening after Nora goes to bed- just because we have a toddler in the house. And BOY can she make a mess! LOL

But you all are right- as long as we are clean and healthy when we walk out the door in the morning- my house is just a house. Nothing to get too fussed about I think.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic House get in the way? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: