Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Hello Friends
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Hello Friends Next Topic
Page: of 2

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  05:32:31 AM  Show Profile
It has been awhile since my last message. Things have not been to great health wise. Getting very weak and not getting sleep. Still looking for a healing from God. Still looking for prayers, mine don't seem to be hitting home for some reason.
Linda (a rose)

Remember me as a rose.

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  05:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Linda,

Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how things are going. Hope everything takes a turn around and you feel better soon.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  06:36:48 AM  Show Profile
Linda, healing thoughts going you way. Thank you for posting because we all are thinking about you. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  06:43:42 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
You are in my thoughts and prayers! God is working and moving--Keep Faith!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  06:51:28 AM  Show Profile
Linda,

I am still praying too! Hang in there, like Jessie said God IS working and he has a plan :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  07:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you Linda

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  07:51:34 AM  Show Profile
Linda, you are in my prayers too. God is working in your behalf, you may not see it but if you are crying out to him, he is hearing your prayers and he says by your faith you are healed so keep believing! We are all trusting and believing along with you. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  2:35:49 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I am sorry that you are feeling so badly. I so pray that you will take a big turn for the better very soon. Are you still on any chemo or anything of that nature? I know how exhausted that can leave you. Please write again soon.

Hugs and Prayers,
Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  6:25:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda:
I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. I will pray for you daily. Keep in touch with all of us. Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  6:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Linda--sorry to hear you're feeling so tired. I will keep you in my prayers. <<hugs>>
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  9:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hugs* Glad to hear from you Linda! I hope strength and good sleep will find you soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  04:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
So glad you let us know how you are Linda. Please know that we all think of you and you're in our prayers. Hugggzzz to you and please let us know often how you're doing.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  10:41:03 AM  Show Profile
Linda - I know what you mean the prayers you say for yourself do not seem to work as well as someone elses! I will step up on my prayers for you in hopes that you will feel well soon!

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  2:37:02 PM  Show Profile
Linda, Our prayers are with you.

Sincerely, Beverly
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9402 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9402 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  6:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
Continuing to keep you in prayer, dear one. I know it must be tiring and you may feel God isn't hearing you but he is. He loves you and cares about what you are going through. Very good advice about crying out to Him.
love and hugs,

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  1:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Linda. I am so sorry your having a hard time sleeping. I will pray that the Lord will give you peace so you can get a good nights sleep soon.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  9:22:04 PM  Show Profile
Linda:
How are things going for you these days? I hope better. I've been praying for you and our prayer group is also praying.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  09:06:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
Keep strong.. good things come to those who wait. Even when things seem like they cant get worse... some times they do get worse... but in time its possible you will be much better.

Just have faith in the lord... I did when i broke my neck(yes i actually did) and i'm now healthy as ever...it just took awhile

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  09:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Linda . . . all the way from southwest Colorado . .
. . . prayers and encouragement.
BECAUSE OF CHRIST!!!
CJ

from the barefoot farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Well, ladies, I have to apologize yet again for not keeping you updated! I just really expected that my mom would be coming home any day and thought she would let you know what has been happening with her. I am kicking myself all they way across the field... :-)

Mom went into the hospital on July 29th (I think!) with a swollen leg and a discolored foot. They found a massive blood clot in her groin, even though she was taking Coumadin. They started a Heparin drip and told her there was nothing really to worry about. The process of dissolving the clot was slow and steady with no major problems. Her spirits remained good, even though I have to think she has gone a little stir crazy!

The target release date was last Monday, but she was having bowel issues, so they put it off until she "went"...I was away on my vacation, so I called every day to see if that was the day she was heading home. No such luck! A procedure into her intestines revealed a mass of "leftovers", probably from when she had chemo, so they broke it up a bit, and there was some relief, but not enough. They have been pushing all those wonderful aids for constipation, and FINALLY, yesterday, she got rid of a lot of it. They did a CT scan, which I don't know the results of, and with any luck and a lot of prayers, maybe she can go home today...

Again, my apologies for not letting everyone know!
Pray, pray, pray! She is hoping for a miracle...

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hoping and praying along with everyone else, Kelly.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:19:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kelly:
Thanks for the update on your mom. My prayers will continue on a daily basis for her. I pray that God will Bless her and heal her completely. Take care.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:22:29 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,

Thanks so much for the update! Your Mom has been in my prayers and I have been concerned since the last time she posted. How wonderful to hear that her spirits are up! God is faithful!!! Still praying here :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  08:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
Hi, Ladies...
I posted this in both threads in case you only look at one!

I just talked to my mom, and the CT scan yesterday is fine, the liver is fine, but the Doppler done on the clot shows it is still there. So...no going home today. Bummer!!! I will do a paper copy of your notes to her so that she can read them today. Thank you for your concern!

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  4:47:22 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, Linda. You are in my thoughts .

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  4:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Kelly for contacting us and letting us all know what is happening with Linda. We all miss her and worry about her. Please give her our love and tell her we're all praying for a healing for her and a quick return home. Please tell her to keep her spirits up and have positive thoughts. Keeping a very positive attitude helps so much when fighting the big "C". Is there anything we can send to her besides cards that would cheer her? If so, please let us know.
Hugggzz & Prayers
Cheryl

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Hello Friends Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page