Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Need vintage continuous towel holder...& GIVEAWAY!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need vintage continuous towel holder...& GIVEAWAY! Next Topic  

Catherine Seiberling Pond
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Catherine
Knob Region KY
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  1:21:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farm girls,

I am in need of an old-fashioned vintage continuous towel holder for a photo shoot (and maybe even vintage continuous linen toweling, too--does anyone remember when they used to sell rolls of towelling by the yard?)...and for that future farm kitchen (you know, Grandma might have had one...with the linen toweling sewn in a circle?).

Repro/retro will do but original preferred. If you have one to sell or know of a source for what I'm looking for, I'll send you a signed copy of THE PANTRY! (now that's incentive, right?)

You can email me at info@CatherinePond.com ~ I'll also be blogging about this but wanted to run by FarmGirls, first.

Many thanks!

Farm girl at heart and in practice. Food/memoir writer and historian. Check out my blog at www.InthePantry.blogspot.com

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  5:04:18 PM  Show Profile
I made one for my kitchen with two shelf brackets from the local hardware store. They have a scroll design and a small hole on the side. Find a wooden rolling pin which has a metal pin fastening the handles. You can twist it apart. Hang the brackets on the wall with the metal pins of the rolling pin through the small hole on each bracket and refasten the handles. The towel loop fits over the rolling pin, and can be removed easily for washing.

I wasn't able to find toweling by the yard, so I hand sewed two kitchen towels together into a loop.

Rosemary
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  10:36:36 AM  Show Profile
I found this Catherine:

http://www.bellsofsuffolk.com/pages/kitchen/agatowels.asp

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Catherine Seiberling Pond
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Catherine
Knob Region KY
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  11:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all...my husband informed me that he did buy one of those hanger things but it's in a box and we moved a year ago hoping to build in the next few so I might not ever see it again!

I'm glad to know that linen toweling can still be bought by the yard. Also, Sharon I could not open that link. Will try again later.

Best, Catherine

Farm girl at heart and in practice. Food/memoir writer and historian. Check out my blog at www.InthePantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need vintage continuous towel holder...& GIVEAWAY! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page