Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 Yay! Lavender Goats Milk Soap :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Yay! Lavender Goats Milk Soap :) Next Topic  

PineConeAcres
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  2:12:58 PM  Show Profile
This is my third attempt at making soap. My first attempt failed because I had the oven set to high and my second attempt was all sold before I even had a chance to take a picture, LOL.

I'm so proud of it:)

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  2:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Good for you Crystal!! Soap making is fun and allows for total creative control with what you decide to put in it. I would love to do a soap swap with you if you are up for it? A bar for a bar?
You can visit my site and let me know if there is a bar you would like to swap for...

www.jlogosso.etsy.com

I'm always up for swapping with my fellow farmgirls!
Jenn

www.sundariyoga.com
http://yogifarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://jlogosso.etsy.com

Farmgirl Sister # 285
Sister on the Fly #1002
Go to Top of Page

PineConeAcres
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  2:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Sure! What kind do you want? I can buy whatever essential oils and I make my bars 4oz. I live in Canada though so I'm not sure on shipping prices :S How did you decide on pricing? I priced mine at $1 an oz pretty much. I wasn't sure on what to price it out at!! I made the ones in the picture with olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, lavender essential oil, and goats milk. I wanted to put palm oil in it but apparently no ones carries palm oil where I live Anyways, Thanks for commenting
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  3:54:04 PM  Show Profile
Congrats, it looks so creamy!! :)

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  03:45:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
It looks wonderful! This is on my list of things I want to learn to do. You should be proud of yourself. That is great!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  7:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
On average I use the $1 per oz rule as well unless it is made with a very expensive oil or essential oil. I use organic juice and veges and goats milk quite a bit so that sometimes will raise the price...

I like pretty much any scent...you can email me directly and we can talk more...We can just mail regular mail to save on $$...it might take a bit but will give us something to look forward to...

Hugs
Jenn

www.sundariyoga.com
http://yogifarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://jlogosso.etsy.com

Farmgirl Sister # 285
Sister on the Fly #1002
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  2:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Crystal:
My goodness that lavender soap looks good enough to eat!!!!!!!! LOL If you're selling it, please send me an email with the price. I would love to have some. If I read correctly, you made the soap in the oven? I have never made soap. Never! But I would love to learn. Do you use the same oven to cook in? LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

GoldenSeal
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Crystal
Vermilion Alberta
Canada
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  3:49:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey, sorry I haven't responded to anyone. I changed my email address and then got extremely busy around the farm. I made some peppermint bars with oatmeal in it as well. I'm concentrating on making shampoos as well at the moment. Yeah I cook in the same oven I made the soap in :) I need to make more of the Lavender soap again but this time add oatmeal to it. Everyone I have given or sold some too really loves the oatmeal in the soap.

Jenn, again sorry about the no response :( I'll send you an email today.

Bear, an email is also on the way :)
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  11:49:56 PM  Show Profile
The soap is lovely! I love the color.

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  07:06:26 AM  Show Profile
Wow Crystal you should be proud, your soap looks wonderful!!!!
Be careful, once you make a couple of batches, it becomes soooo addicting!
In the past 3 weeks, I have made 5 different kinds of soap- 2 different plain, oatmeal and honey, lavender, and orange scent with carrot coloring!
Now, of course I am eager to make more with the oils I just bought!! :)
Your price sounds right, that is what I see it selling for here in my part of NY.
Maybe at some point there will be enough Mary Jane soapers to have our own hen house!

Brenda

Edited by - LakeOntarioFarmgirl on Aug 18 2009 2:29:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  06:06:08 AM  Show Profile
I have been reading up on making soap but so far amm still a little nervous. I know once I get started there will be no turning back. In the book I'm reading they say the first few batches nearly always don't work. I want to get started but really need to watch someone make it. I am a very visual learner.

So the other day I'm at our local market in Chattanooga and met a girl who makes soap. We got to talking about goat's milk soap. She has Nubians. I have 1 Nubian and 3 Lamanchas. I told her I was just going to get a little Nubian buck on the way home and she said she'd be needing a buck in Dec. to breed her does to. So we will be swapping soap making lessons for goat breeding!!!! I am so exited! Can ya tell? So I am going to call her soon and get the ball rolling. I cannot wait to get going on this.

I didn't realize you are the same person! Your soap does look nice and creamy. Have you ever used real cream? I want to try that sometime.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

GoldenSeal
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Crystal
Vermilion Alberta
Canada
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  12:45:23 PM  Show Profile
I asked about it a while back but everyone said it wasn't a good idea. I've heard of people using straights cream but I have never done it. I think it would be a good idea to just make a tiny batch so I don't waste a lot of oils and such to see how it turns out. If it did turn out I bet it would feel lovely on your skin!

I wish I would have had someone to help me with my first couple batches but I didn't know anyone who makes soaps at home! I only messed up one batch so far. It was my first batch and I burn it REALLY bad. A lot of people really like the peppermint and oatmeal goats milk soap around my area. It is really fun once you get the hang of it!! Good luck with your soap making :)

I wanted to change my screen name on here so had to change me email address as well. Hence the name change, it's the name of my business. The previous name is the name of my farm. :)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  4:00:07 PM  Show Profile
I love peppermint anything. I have been on a peppermint kick for a long time now. I really like the homemade lotions, too. I would be interested in your shampoo when you get it ready. Would there be any peppermint? And I'd like to try your soap, too. Can it be mailed in one of those puffy brown envelopes?

The cream is very moisturizing. I have a friend who has 2 Jersey cows she milks. I can get it from her. Goats milk doesn't have much cream at all.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

GoldenSeal
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Crystal
Vermilion Alberta
Canada
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:52:44 AM  Show Profile
I'm saving up money to send a big order in for supplies. Included in those are shampoo bottles and push-up lotion containers. The shampoos aren't made of goats milk they're just plain soap but yes I'll have peppermint. All in all I want my main scents to be Peppermint, Lilac, and Lavender. I've added a few on the way for testing, like pine, cinnamon, ylang ylang, and spearmint. I'm still looking for a "manly" scent, lol. I'm sure you can send the soaps in the bubble envelopes that's what I'm going to try and do when I send a bar to Jenn.

I have yet to try my hand a homemade liquid lotions but the lotion bars are fairly easy. That's why I'm buying the push-up containers.

I think because peppermint naturally lifts you up that it contributes to people liking it :P It makes you feel refreshed and awake after showering.

I've still got soooo much to do. I have yet to make my company logo but this definitely is a start and it's a fun hobby :) Even better if I can make a little cash off it!
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  6:22:31 PM  Show Profile
does anyone have a reciept to share for lavender and peppermint goat soap?
thanks for anyone who would share there receipt
farmgirl #462

Worry ends Where Faith in God begins.
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  07:23:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi all does anyone have a easy shampoo receipt?
thanks for any help.
farmgirl sister #462

Worry ends Where Faith in God begins.
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  10:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Love the homemade soap! It's in our plans as soon as we get the dairy goats. would love recipes as well.

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

theoldecrone
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Amy
Denver Colorado
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  08:41:14 AM  Show Profile
Goat milk soap is my favorite soap to make and use. Freeze it first!

Amy Kalinchuk
Author, Making Soap in Your Own Kitchen
http://www.crafte-revolution.com
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Yay! Lavender Goats Milk Soap :) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page