vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  2:47:55 PM  Show Profile
yep, my 9 year old granddaughter has just been diagnosed with mono after a wek of feeling really awful, fever, sores in throat, swollen glands, liver compromised.
Her immune system is so beat up all the time that she seems to catch everything.
She has CP and is wheelchair bound but absolutely loves to swim and swims as well as most other kids. So.... the docs thing she got it at the pool.
She is fed with a feeding tube so everything has to be pureed to go through the tube.
My daughter is about at the end of her rope as the docs said there is no treatment, just time.
I have her giving Alyssa massive vitamin A,C and E, Red sea algae and Spirutein and Aloe Vera Juice
If anybody has any other suggestions, please let me know
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  7:04:28 PM  Show Profile
Michele:
I hope your granddaughter will get better really soon. I shall keep her in my prayers. I'm sure you and your daughter will take excellent care of her. Keep us posted on how she is feeling.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  9:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh youe poor daughter and grand daughter! That just doesn't seem fair does it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  03:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Oh dear Michelle I am so sorry to hear this. Your poor granddaughter! So hard to feel so horribly at that age and it sounds like she already has a battle with CP. I hope when you say massive amounts you're speaking figuratively and not literally. Vitamins A and E are fat soluble vitamins and can be toxic in large doses. Vitamin A can cause liver damage when toxicity occurs. I know the waiting is so hard but rest and time are the best cures for mono. Will keep your daughter and granddaughter in my prayers.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  04:49:05 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, I am so sorry your GD is so sick. My Gd had that when she was just 5. Horrible time for her and us. So I know how you are feeling. I will be praying for her and your DD, too. She will need her strength to get her through this.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  3:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your precious little granddaughter. My kid sister had it when she was 6 and they told us the same thing then - just have to ride it out. She was miserable and so was big sis (I was 16) who had to figure out how to entertain her when mom wasn't around, after going to school and work. She was tired all of the time, too. Will keep all of you in my prayers.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

KayTea26
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Katie
Minnesota
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  3:43:51 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about your Granddaughter. I will say a prayer!

www.northwindshore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  3:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry she is feeling icky. I am in the last stages of Mono. I drank a TON of water and I like those VitaWaters- the 10 calorie ones, those work great to hydrate and get a little energy. I also drank a lot of tea with honey, saltine crackers with peanut butter, lots of different fruits. etc. Of course, rest is key...and a little sun. I wish her the best.

Heather

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Alyssa has Mono Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page