Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Feels Like Christmas At My House!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Feels Like Christmas At My House!!! Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  10:13:03 AM  Show Profile
Today in the mail was 2 boxes and 2 padded envelopes. All from my farmgirl sisters! I love farmgirl mail. And the other day I got my Christmas in July box. Oh what fun I had with that. Bridgette (Cougardengirl) sent me a box full of goodies. She made a beautiful green scarf for me, a little doilly, 2 books I can't wait to read, some rooster note cards, napkins and recipe cards, a puzzle, oh and some of the MJF material! I love it all. Thank you so much, Bridgette!

I got 2 cute little crocheted dishclothes and some lotion and incense from my wonderful secret sister. I love her. She is so sweet and I have not got a clue who she is. I know what state she lives in, though. She's great. I get something almost every week from her.

Then my coffee mug swap partner sent a smelly good box from W.V. Denise sent a mug, 2 good smelling little candles and a round window hanging of a redbird on a dogwood branch. I am going to hang that in my dining room window when I'm done here. So beautiful. Thank you so much, Denise. That was fun.

Then I entered Katmom's contest the day it ended and won! I got the quilting package today, too! It's so cute. I can't wait til it gets cooler and I will do something with it then. Thank you so much, Grace!

Then I was in the craft box swap and got a huge box of all kinds of goodies from Tammy in Kentucky. I will just have to keep most everything in there because I have the grandkids and it will give them something to do. So whoever gets it next won't get the big box, just the regular little size box. Sorry. But thank you so much, Tammy! That was so fun to see all the neat stuff in the boxes. Now I have to see what I have to put back in and get in the mail to the next person on the list.

So you can see why it feels like Christmas at my house! Even though it is probably 95 outside today, it's Christmas inside. I should have put on a Christmas CD. Thank you all so much and I just love you all. I had such a good time opening all my goodies! What a fun day.

Hugs to you all! Kris

Happiness is simple.

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  10:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
That is so wonderful, Kris! Enjoy all your goodies!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  10:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Wow:
All kinds of MJF love was sent your way. Great for you. Enjoy your Christmas in July.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  3:26:12 PM  Show Profile
How appropriate! When I went to the PO today, there was a little smile-maker in there for me from you! And if there's anyone who deserves a wonderful day, it's definitely you, Kris!! Enjoy all of your goodies!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  3:58:50 PM  Show Profile
I just love going to the mail box but all I got was a bill. Enjoy your day, I hope you have many more like it.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  4:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Kris, how exciting! Isn't it the best to get farmgirl mail?!!!!
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  6:04:25 PM  Show Profile
It is so fun to go to the mailbox and pull out something from one of my farmgirl friends. And even more fun when the mailman drives up the driveway with a box that won't fit! I just love mail. And this makes even bills not seem so bad. And it makes the day just that much nicer.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  7:05:40 PM  Show Profile
I think you are one of the most spoiled (and loved) farmgirls we have here! ;) You work so hard, you are very deserving, so ENJOY!!

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  8:00:18 PM  Show Profile
Ah, gee. Thank you, Leslie, I think. Hmmm. Spoiled. Me? I like the loved part though. You were a wonderful secret sister and I loved everything I got from you, too. Thank you so much for all you did.

Leslie hand made a book for me and I know that took a long time to do and put together. And I also collect pottery and the last thing I got from her was a beautiful piece I use for a coaster on my coffee table. I love it.

I am just so thankful that everyone here has always got a kind word and always seem to say just the right thing to make someone's day a bit better. And the concern and support for everyone is tremendous here. A very uplifting place to be.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Feels Like Christmas At My House!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page