Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 My neighbors are THEIVES..UPDATE on Mrs.W!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic My neighbors are THEIVES..UPDATE on Mrs.W! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  04:54:11 AM  Show Profile
I am not a lover of fences but I think if I was going to stay there I would put up a tall (grudge) fence. That would also help keep Violet safer.
I know I would call the police everytime I could. Let them deal with the problem.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:05:03 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, do they sleep in? I'd be cranking up my lawnmower bright and early if they do! I'd be "doing unto others as they do unto me". But I'm with the other girls who suggest making those phone calls. You have two very valid reasons for doing so; Mrs. W's health and welfare AND Violet's health and welfare.

And I agree with finding a sympathetic person in power, whether it's the local police or DHR. We had a problem with people dumping trash on our road. Turns out, one of our deputy sheriff's has family land out here and he was just as outraged as I was. As a result, he patrols out here and if he comes across some trash, he'll nose through it until he finds some kind of incriminating evidence and then he makes a visit to that person. There have been times I've come home and someone would be out there picking up their garbage. One time, I did my own investigating after someone unloaded their garbage. I took a long stick and poked around and you would not believe what I found. First, I came across a paycheck stub with name, address, everything. Then I came across a sheet of paper from a doctor's office with information on it about AIDS. UGH!! I put these in the back of my car and went looking for my deputy. He then took care of it.

But if you suspect that there's illegal drug use going on over there, the local police should be willing to step-up patrol and do some investigating. I don't know how prevalent meth use and cooking is in your area, but if you make an anonymous phone call that you suspect that they MIGHT be cooking it in that van, they should be all over it. And if the police don't do anything, the DA should. Especially if the DA is up for re-election. They like those easy wins. Another little trick that works with the police is an oh, so innocent comment about contacting the local news. No police department wants negative publicity.

Karin, we have a similar problem as yours. We have 39 acres that is mostly wooded and have people trespassing on it, especially during deer and turkey seasons. There's a hollow behind our house that they hunt. I haven't done this yet, but I have thought of hanging those weird branch thingies that was in the Blair Witch Project from trees down there in the hopes of giving them the heebie-jeebies. (The evil side of me wants to string up wire about neck high!) We have speakers on our back deck wired into our stereo system, so what I will do is to turn that baby up and crank out some Beastie Boys! It carries down in the hollow and you can hear it for miles! And it'll start up every dog on this hill to barking! The other thing I'll do is a little target practice. The hubs has an area set-up to sight in his guns with a reinforced target to stop the bullets. I'll get out there and fire off some rounds. We found a tree stand set-up down there year before last, and I wished I'd thought of this at the time, but Brian had shot an armadillo and he took it off somewhere to dispose of it. I wish I'd thought of hanging it's dead carcass from that tree stand. Sounds horrible of me, I know, but that tree stand is set-up in a way that a 30-06 could easily reach my house. The safety of my family and pets comes before anyone's touchy sensibilities.

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  08:09:05 AM  Show Profile
Re: update. It's good to know that other members of the extended family are aware of what's going on. I wish there was a way they'd be willing to override Mrs. W's wishes to provide for her deadbeat grand-daughter & kid, but what can you do?

I don't get what you mean though about them being thieves? Are they spending Mrs. W's money without her knowledge (beyond just sponging off her)?
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  08:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Yep...she said they are spending her money left and right. though D isn't poa, she offers to go to the bank for Mrs. W (she gets retirment from the state--she was a teacher, and her husband a railroad employee) and because Mrs. W is blind, she really doesn't know WHAT the checks are actually amounted in. That way, D takes a bit off the top each time.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  08:28:50 AM  Show Profile
Good grief!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  10:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh Jonni! I think you should call Social Services in on the whole lot!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  3:06:24 PM  Show Profile

Its called Elder Abuse and she needs to get out of the situation. She needs a clean and safe place to live without being exposed to drugs and alcohol users. Call the cops; social services who ever!!!!
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  9:00:54 PM  Show Profile
I hope there is a special place in hell for people like this!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  12:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
Thats too sad that that happens.

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic My neighbors are THEIVES..UPDATE on Mrs.W! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page