Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Signature Square Quilt information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Signature Square Quilt information Next Topic
Page: of 6

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  9:33:12 PM  Show Profile
I would be happy if we all did them in any colors or all the same..either way..I am excited to get on it..getting the muslin washed tomorrow...sketching ideas tonight!!
Thanks for all your trouble Patti!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  03:16:36 AM  Show Profile
I think everyone doing them in their own choice of colors would be nice. I'm a little intimidated now, though. How elaborate are we doing these????

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  07:05:52 AM  Show Profile
Mine will be fairly simple Jana...don't be intimidated..some will no doubt be fancier than others. I don't have extra time to make 13 of them real elaborate right now..so I will do the name (screen and real) and a small simple design on mine. Patti said even just the names are fine and I think it will be sweet either way!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  07:45:45 AM  Show Profile
I say make it your own. It doesn't matter what colors, design or even if it's just your name you use, it will be something special we all participated in. Have fun I know i will.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  07:50:01 AM  Show Profile
I think mine will be fairly simple too. Probably just my names and maybe a little flower or something. At the moment I'm really hooked on redwork, so that's most likely what they will end up being. BUT I have a hard time leaving anything alone, just gotta keep monkeyin with it so who knows?!? Luzy
P.S Thanks so much for all the work in organizing this!!
--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Edited by - Luzy on Mar 02 2006 07:51:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  08:41:50 AM  Show Profile
I think I'm going to use my name and the state where I live. My screen name IS my name. Maybe I'll abbreviate the state. I kind of have an idea...

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:00:39 AM  Show Profile
I think if we each do our own thing it will reflect us better. I'm thinking of something simple, maybe with antique buttons. I love buttons and I know many of our Farmgirl sisters do, too.

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:12:55 AM  Show Profile
I agree with you ladies, that everyone use what they like and then the quilt will be more reflective of each person's personality.

Mine will be simple, too. My name & user name plus a small symbol of some kind. I'm trying to think of the one symbol that most perfectly represents me. Hmmmmm . . .

I can already tell that our finished quilts are going to have such warmth and personality, and I can't wait to start receiving packages of squares in the mail.

I forgot to add one more guideline, so here it is.

Ladies, absolutely no "guilt" allowed on this project. If family circumstances arise and you're a few days late sending your blocks, no big deal. Let us know you're going to be late so I'm not stalking the postman , but be assured nobody is going to have a fit.
Create your block in your style and in what you're comfortable doing, and have fun creating it. No worry, no stress, no fretting over deadlines. Create out of joy, not out of obligation. Our lives are already stressful and full of "must dos", but not this project. Have FUN!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:13:56 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, I love buttons! What a lovely idea of using buttons!

{Wish I'd thought of it first )

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:16:27 AM  Show Profile
Patti, feel free to use my button idea. Think of how lovely it will be with all those buttons on several squares!!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  12:33:58 PM  Show Profile
I agree that we should all do what ever stikes our fancy............ That way it is really a reflection of "US"!!
Can't wait!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  1:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Im so excited, this will be my first emboidery project!! so i might have some questions along the way. I love buttons as well...i have jars and jars!!

Life's messy!... Grab an apron!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  7:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Update: One person has dropped out due to other commitments, which I can certainly understand. Let's go ahead and make the same number of squares and if anyone else asks to participate or if you know of someone, have them email me. Maybe one of the new FarmGirls will want to join in or something. So go ahead and make 13 squares.

Gotta go get some packing up done. Talk to you later!

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  5:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I just thought I'd check in and see how everybody is doing. I've designed my square and embroidered 1 square. It had been so long since I'd embroidered, and it was alot of fun to get back into it. Both of my kids asked me what I was doing. They've seen me cross stitch, quilt, and knit, but this was something new for them. It kind of took me by surprise that they'd never seen any one embroider!

Anyway, how's everyone else doing?

Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  6:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Im still trying to think of a design, but ive narrowed it down to a couple ideas...i need to get started!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  6:42:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm hoping to get my fabric and floss this weekend. Can't decide what to put on besides signature and screen name...
Sharon
PS Are you all doing first and last names???

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  7:25:50 PM  Show Profile
I used my first & last name (and user name). Other than that, I want to keep mine a surprise.

Go to Top of Page

jmac1711
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Jane
Lost Nation Iowa
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  9:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!
I'm doing a simple multi-colored floral block with my name (first & Last) and farmgirl name. I am not the world best embroiderer so I want you all to promise not to look to closely at the back of my squares!

Lord, let me be the kind of person my pig thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  04:54:23 AM  Show Profile
I keep drawing and re-drawing my ideas on paper. I'm ready to put'em on the fabric and start stitching. I feel bad that I'm so far behind everyone. But, I'll catch up!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  09:28:01 AM  Show Profile
I am not any further than you Catherine...I have had such a busy week I have got almost no stitching on anything done this week!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  09:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Dont worry Catherine! Im right there with ya!! I just figured out what i want to do yeserday and hope to get started this weekend!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  2:57:03 PM  Show Profile
I'm right there with ya'll. I got my design made today. My blocks are cut, I just have to transfer my design and start stitchin!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  8:49:05 PM  Show Profile
washed the fabric and got all my supplies but haven't worked out the design yet, Been real busy with 2 jobs and such but I'll find the time to do a design or two this weekend.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  05:11:55 AM  Show Profile
I forgot to subscribe to this thread and it took me forever to find it! I hate it when I do that.....is it under farmgirl swap? is it under stitching? So glad I found it. I was so worried that I had missed out. Well, still stitching away. Not any where near close to being done!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  07:01:55 AM  Show Profile
I am behind on getting done on this one too, Catherine...life gets busy!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Signature Square Quilt information Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page