Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Signature Square Quilt information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Signature Square Quilt information Next Topic
Page: of 6

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  6:28:16 PM  Show Profile
Okay, ladies, I think I've figured this all out, but if you think of anything else I need to include, let me know and I'll add it. Here's the plan:

1. Each person will make 8 1/2" muslin squares (finished size -- 8")
2. Once everyone signs up, I'll post the number of squares you'll need to complete (we're adding 1 so that we can make a quilt for MaryJane)
3. Each square is to have your real name and your Farmgirl name embroidered on it. You can add something else if you want, but you don't have to. I've seen squares with a small flower, or a embroidered border around the name, or a scripture, etc. Again, anything other than your real name and Farmgirl name is purely optional.
4. All squares will be sent to me. I'll separate them out so everyone gets one each of all the squares, and then I'll send them out to everyone who participated. You will only need to pay the postage to send your squares to me. I'll take care of the postage to send them back out.

Okay, that's all I can think of, so here are the dates:

Deadline for sign-ups by emailing me is the end of the day Tuesday, February 28. I'll email everyone back on March 1 as to how many squares you'll need to make.

Deadline for getting the squares in the mail to me: June 1

My deadline for getting them back to you: within 3 days of receiving all the blocks

Does that sound reasonable to everyone? I know I can't wait to get started. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to either post them here or email me. Thanks!!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  8:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Is there a block pattern we will be using or will it just be a plain square?

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  08:43:16 AM  Show Profile
Patti.....You have mail!!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

farmfilly
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Jackie
Gilmer Texas
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  10:33:54 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to join in. I have a question though...

Would this be bleached or unbleached muslin?

And I may be missing it, but how do I email you to get on the list?

Jackie

Life happens, I'm just glad to participate!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  11:53:56 AM  Show Profile
good question..I was assuming unbleached....Patti????????????

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  2:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Patti....count me in! Once you've worked out the above details I'll just start ta' stitchin'.
Super idea!! What wonderful heirlooms these quilts will be. Just think....years from now, new and younger farmgirls will be wanting an original farmgirl quilt!!

Another question....washed or unwashed?

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  3:59:30 PM  Show Profile
Patti,
You did such a splendid job of working this all out, but I do have a question. You said the square will be a finished 8" muslin square. Does that mean the pattern that was shown a few posts back will not be used? And are you wanting us to put our names in a certain area/direction so there is a pattern/continuity or does that not matter? Sorry for the questions just want to make sure I do it right.

Oh, I guess that means I want to be on the list, too. :o) I'll be sending my email.

It will be so much fun to know that there are lots of these quilts out there and that we are all snuggling up under everyone's loving touch and care as they put their square together. I think it's a wonderful idea and I can't wait to do mine. I think I'm going to have to brush up on my embroidery and start wearing that blasted brace for my wrist so it will hold up long enough to finish on time. It will be well worth the bother.

Thanks again for coordinating this effort, it's a great idea that we are all looking forward to doing from the sounds of it. Have a blessed evening.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  6:41:21 PM  Show Profile
Sorry I'm just now getting back to you. Right after school dh & I drove 2 hours to buy a new used truck to replace his old used truck that has been barely hanging on to life for several months. We just got home.

Answers:
1. No pattern will be used. Just cut the muslin 8 1/2" square and then embroider your name and FarmGirl name, as well as anything else you want to add. You could even applique something to your square if you wanted. The only "requirement" is the embroidered names. AFter that, it's up to you to add nothing or something.

2. I figured unbleached. Is that okay with everyone? Sorry I didn't specify -- I wasn't thinking.

3. Yes, please wash your material first to get all the sizing, etc. out.

4. To email me, clock on my name (FarmGirl name) in the thinner box to the left of this message (or any message I've written). Another screen will come up and there will be a place for you to send me an email.

I've already received several emails and am creating a special folder and address list. I'll email those who have signed up already on Friday night, even though that's not the end of sign-ups, just so you have peace of mind that I've received your email and you're on the list.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. I'd rather you ask so you have peace of mind about joining in, as opposed to not being sure and deciding not to participate. I am so excited about having a FarmGirl quilt!!

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  9:12:37 PM  Show Profile
sounds like so much fun!!!!! yipppeeeee!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  2:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Also if you don't embroider just let me know I would be glad to do your blocks for you.

I think Aunt Jenny also said she would help other farmgirls out with this.... Right Aunt Jenny.

You could cut out the blocks and use a washable fabric marker to write your info on them and then send them to us to be stitched.

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  3:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Thats right..I am willing to help for sure!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  4:04:21 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to join in also! This sounds like such a great idea. I'll treasure it for sure!! I've never made a "big person" quilt before, only for the wee folk. I think I can handle making this one with the pieces being a good size. Luzy

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  4:21:11 PM  Show Profile
Luzy, don't forget to email me, okay? I'm glad you've decided to participate!

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  4:23:05 PM  Show Profile
So far I have 8 people signed up (including me), plus I know Luzy is going to sign up. This is wonderful, ladies, and I'm so excited about this!

Don't forget -- you can embellish your square as much or as little as you want. The only requirement is your name & username embroidered on the square.

Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  10:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
im so excited! im just getting started with embroidery, so i might have to practice a little more...Patti did you get my email?

Life's messy!... Grab an apron!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  10:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Here are the ladies who have already signed up for the signature quilt block swap:

Aunt Jenny
Bridge
sugarsfarm
farmfilly
FarrarFarmgirl
Luzy
Utahfarmgirl
Happymama58

The deadline for sign-ups is Tuesday night (Feb. 28) so don't forget to send me an email. I'd love to have so many squares I have to make 2 quilts! Remember, even if you can't embroider, you can still participate. Bridge and Aunt Jenny have offered to embroider your squares! Just contact them to make arrangements.

Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  4:03:01 PM  Show Profile
I bought my embroidery thread last night - I'm ready to stitch. This is going to be a great project.

Blessings to all signature quilters.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2006 :  4:20:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm not much of an embroiderer (?), but sign me up!
Sharon
PS First and last "real" names, or just first?

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  10:13:31 AM  Show Profile
Patti it sounds great. count me in.
Cathy
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  12:56:56 PM  Show Profile
This is just a gentle reminder of 2 things:

1. Sign-ups for this project close tomorrow night late, so please don't forget to email me if you want to join in. The more the merrier!

2. Please remember that you must email me. That way I don't miss somebody as I read through the thread. Please, please, send me an email if you want to participate.

Thanks so much and have a great Monday!

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  6:46:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh No!!!!! I'm late!!!!! PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE Can I still participate?

I don't have an elaborate reason why I forgot to post back and email....I just didn't subscribe to the thread and I forgot where it was.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  6:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Bought my muslin and embroidery thread yesterday and now I'm just sketching a pattern I want to use to embellish the square's. When will we know how many to make?? Can't wait to see all the different squares.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  7:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Okay, ladies, I'm not superstitious at all, but we have 13 participants. Do you want me to put a call out for a certain number more, or will 13 work for you? I was thinking if it came out to a number like this to do something like put a "title" square in the middle or corner. Anyway, it's up to you ladies, so let me know if you want me to put out a last call and how many you want added. Thank!

At this point, everyone will make 14 squares, since we're making a quilt for MaryJane. You'll keep one of your own and mail 13 to me to repackage and send back out.

I bought my muslin and washed it, and now I'm planning my square. I want to put a little something on it that "fits" me. Hmmmmm . . .

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  7:43:47 PM  Show Profile
Patti is the best! She's letting me in on this great project! THANK YOU!!!!

I begged and begged and asked pretty please with sugar on top. She replied back that no sugar is needed and I can participate!

I'm happy, but, y'all may be upset that I've brought the list to 13!! I'll send y'all all a goody.....with sugar on top!!

Blessings
Catherine

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  7:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Nope, they're not going to be upset with you. THey're going to laugh at me. There are only 12 people participating. I added myself in twice somehow!!

It's a good thing I teach English and not math. Goodness, you'd think a person could count 10 emails, add 1 for herself, and 1 for MaryJane without too much trouble, wouldn't you?

So ladies, we don't have to think about the number or adding anyone else. Ignore my previous post and make 13, keep one for yourself, and mail 12 to me for distribution.

Hey, Catherine, you're off the hook with the goodies for everyone.

I'm emailing everyone in just a few minutes. Night!

Go to Top of Page

jmac1711
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Jane
Lost Nation Iowa
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  9:10:55 PM  Show Profile
My 2 cents on color-
I vote for individual designs, using whatever colors each farmgirl wants to use. I think it's a great way to get something very personal from each of you. I purchased muted sunny yellow, sage greens, cream and a mutted brown for mine. Already got a square design in mind. :)
Jane

Lord, let me be the kind of person my pig thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Signature Square Quilt information Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page