Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Down flat again! Next Topic  

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  3:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Beats me what did it this time - I promise I didn't lift anything heavy. But my back has gone back into spasms, I can't bend over, can barely walk, and make it better yet - I'm on deadline! So doing ads while flat on the couch on the laptop. Three hoots for color correction!

I have an MRI scheduled for Saturday morning though. I sure hope we can get to the bottom of this soon, because I've gone thorugh this off and on for eight months! It gets OLD!!!

(or maybe that's just me, but I turn 30 in November, so it really shouldn't be an issue yet!)

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  4:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ouch! My heart goes out to you! I have a bad back too (I am only 23). Do you have a rice pillow? I love mine whenever my back goes out.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  5:50:36 PM  Show Profile
Keep a pillow under your knees Lynn. It takes the strain off your lower back. Lordy I have sympathy for ya..it really does get old doesn't it.
Take care of yourself and keep your chin up.
Diane
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  6:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Georgia, I'm keeping you in my prayers! Take it easy (well, as much as possible with that deadline looming).

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  7:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Truly, a pillow under your knees while you sleep is a big help. I love a heating pad - and Aleve. I am 62 and have had a "hitch in my git-a-long" since college.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  07:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Thanks girls!
I do have a pillow under my knees, this just gets old! Last time this happened I was down for 3 months, and was only just starting to feel about 85 percent until Monday afternoon!
I'm takig long hot soaks in the tub, ice packs, heating packs, etc. I just hope there's something that can be done for me.
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  11:51:58 AM  Show Profile
Mary,

I'm glad you are getting an MRI. I have a few health problems going, but without a doubt the back was the worst painwise. I started in at about 17. I probably did a lot of work over the years I shouldn't have but thats how it goes. I eventually got in enough pain that I almost crawled into the surgeon's office. I had a partial discectomy and laminectomy in 2003. Recovery was hard, but now I rarely have pain at all. Sometimes a little tightness.
I'm NOT advocating surgery right away and it sounds like you're able to manage the pain well on your own and you'll know more after the MRI. I went through 3 years of constant pain, sciatica,loss of leg and foot reflexes on one side and such pain I literally crawled out of bed to get to the bathroom. Drugs barely touched it. THEN its time to have surgery. Try other options first if you can!
Much hugs,

Jana
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  4:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
OK, it is a stage 3 herniated disk, which means the jelly is flowing out of the disk and starting to press in on the area where the nerve is.

The good news is, if I BEHAVE and take glucosamine and 1000 MG of vitamin C a day, and do certain stretches, it can rebuild to an extent. If I do not behave, well I will be under the knife.

I hate pills tho. :(
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  10:02:57 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad that you went to the effort of finding out what the problem is so you can take steps to handle it. I haven't had back pain (knock on wood!), but I know it can be difficult to deal with. Take care of yourself!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  08:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Lynn, my husband has had a host of back problems. He sleeps w/ a pillow between his knees every night. also he takes glucosamine & chondroitin 2 x daily. Good luck, I hope you will be better very soon. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Down flat again! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page