quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  09:51:08 AM  Show Profile
Do any of you have pet peeves? Come on...........I bet you all have at least one. For example, doesn't it bug you how many people buy cars with faulty electrical systems? You know, you've seen them, they're the ones that you never know which way or when they are going to turn because the turn signals don't work!

Won't you share yours with the rest of the Farmgirls?

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Only a peace between equals can last. Woodrow Wilson

Edited by - quilt8305 on Jul 16 2009 2:24:36 PM

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:47:47 PM  Show Profile
RUDE PEOPLE, it just makes me want knock them out, cut infront of you in the store, they walk thru a door and let it go in your face, and the worst, NO PLEASE OR THANK YOU, these are mostly ( no offense to anyone ) city people or townys as we call them.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  1:36:15 PM  Show Profile
People who are selfish. I cannot STAND people who are stingey and selfish with their time, talents and resources. I'm sure this sounds ridiculous. People who think the world revolves around them and throw a tantrum when they suddenly realize that YOURS DOESN'T. I can't abide selfishness in any form.

Farmgirl # 639
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  1:42:30 PM  Show Profile
People to lazy to walk the shopping cart over to the cart stall and leave them just anywhere in the parking lot. Mostly just in front of their car so for you to pull in with a truck you have to get out and move it first. I watched Joyce Meyers once say if you don't take care of the little things why would God trust you with the bigger things. She made reference to putting shopping carts away also. LOL
Smiles, Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  1:53:40 PM  Show Profile
My number one pet peeve is seeing a toddler trying to show his mommy something and she won't stop talking on her cell phone. You can see the disappointment on his face as she chatters on... think of what that mom is missing by ignoring the child. You can always tell it' a call that can wait for another time. This would probley go along with people who are selfish.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  3:05:58 PM  Show Profile
People who chew gum really loud.

Cell phones.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  3:29:57 PM  Show Profile
Let me see...the most annoying thing that's happened to me lately was about a week ago.

Dh and I were at the movies. Of course everyone knows that you have to turn off cell phones during the movie. However...nobody told the guy next to me that texting and checking his mail 50-60 times during a movie might be distracting for the person sitting next to him...me. The light on his phone seemed like it was powered by the sun!

Now that I'm on a roll...I must say that I find people who talk really loud on their cell phones in public quite irritating as well.

Alright...off my soap box now...
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  3:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Cell phones - 4
Everything else - 4
So far we have a tie. Who knew?

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  4:13:26 PM  Show Profile
When you see someone going about 20 miles under the speed limit, drifing into other lanes, etc.. When you take your life into your hands to go past them you can see they're on the phone with one hand and a cigarette in the other hand. That used to be a sure sign of drunk driving. Scary.

And Joyce, the last time I went to the movies I could see several phones on while people were texting around us. They may as well not have turned off the lights in the theatre.

But here is my biggest, BIGGEST, irritation. When you are sitting in a room with someone having a conversation and they pull out their cell phone because they get a text and they procede to text back and forth. Gosh that really gets me.

So all of mine are about cell phones. Go figure.

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  4:21:45 PM  Show Profile
Controlling family members.
Always wanting to tell you what to do
when to do it
how to do it.
and picking arugements
I only want peace. hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  6:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
My own personal pet peeve is getting volunteered to do something. I work full time and help on the farm. I love it when i get a call and its usually a certain someone saying oh i said you'd help with this, or bake something for that. I dont mind to help with things every now and again but it just seems if you do it enough then people just expect you to do things. And when it comes time for something that i need help with... they're busy...

Thats what frustrates me.

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  6:47:02 PM  Show Profile
I try and be laid back and not let a lot of things get to me, but one thing that will REALLY get my knickers in a knot is some snotty person in their massive SUV that comes here to "see just exactly what you do sell" and treats you like you're something lower on the food chain because you are a farmer. Grrrrr... :) But I usually get even by showing their children around and really taking my time with them, while the parents stress about getting going.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  8:37:03 PM  Show Profile
My pet peeve is cell phones, doctors who are afraid of you when you have to throw-up in their office, and anyone who mistreats an animal.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  8:40:50 PM  Show Profile
I have zero tolerance for people who transport their dogd in the bed of their pick-up truck.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  9:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My pet peeve is tail gaters. Oh that drives me up the wall! It is also very scary. Getting somewhere 10 seconds faster is just not worth it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  9:09:41 PM  Show Profile
Connie:
Yes, I can't look or follow a person who has a dog in the back of their truck. I live out in the country and have seen two dogs, just this year, fall out of the truck. And- the person driving these two trucks did not stop to see about the dog. I followed one truck until the fellow stopped. He said, "I didn't stop because I knew the D______ dog had broken its neck." I was livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I called him one name, which I can't write out, and walked away from him.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

couggardengirl
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Bridgette
Clarkston WA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  9:19:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee...I totally agree! I live in a fairly small area and its seems there are an awful lots of people in such a hurry! It doesn't take more than 15 minutes to get anywhere here and if they are in that much of a hurry they should have left earlier ! :)
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  04:55:31 AM  Show Profile
People who set the cruise and just drift in the left lane rather than punching it, pass, and get back over to the right. Aaaaaa!!!!

Rude people in general and folks who don't thank you for holding doors for them.

The cell phone checkers.......in movie theaters GADS! That bothers me too. What's the point if you can't take an hour or two to just forget it all. Stay home PLEASE!

Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  07:33:05 AM  Show Profile
People hogging the left lane on the interstate while going UNDER the speed limit! Tailgaters! (Not the "football" kind!) Rude people in lines, breaking in front of you or talking loudly on their cells! Oblivions! And finally, Southern men whose Mama's didn't teach them proper Southern etiquette! (Including my own Southern man!)

Other than that, I'm a pretty chill person!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy

Edited by - CherryMeDarlin on Jul 17 2009 07:33:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  07:38:13 AM  Show Profile
I agree with what you all have said too. But one of my pet peeves is when somebody borrows your tools (or anythng) and doesn't put them back where they got them. GRrRrrrr!! MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  08:08:50 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh, Mary Beth, that gets me, too!

I have zero tolerance for cell phone talkers on the expressway during rush hour (especially those who are merging left, with their LEFT hand holding their phone to the ear, thus creating a total blindspot)

People who hog the grocery aisle with their cart and are oblivious to you (and the 20 others) trying to get by them while they pick out JUST the right pasta.

When the computer doesn't register a sale price at the grocery, and instead of the clerk being able to fix it p.o.s, you have to haul yourself (and your heavy cart) after you've paid, to the "customer service" desk to wait in (6 deep) line with the Western Union and money order people to get your $3.19 back.

When my dh doesn't replace the tp roll...at anytime, but usually late at night, so the first thing in the am, I am caught by surprise!

When my neighbors (see my other post) leave their flood light on from the side porch and it shines in the nursery all night long.

A slow pump at the gas station that "ticks" the cents by 2 seconds at a time--any day--but usually they seem to be slowest when it's a biting wind!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  08:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
People who are late and think time revolves around them.

Tailgaters- probably the people who are late driving. And that includes the texter and cell phones gabbers.

RUDE customer service---um, aren't I paying you for a service???

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  08:56:25 AM  Show Profile
Wow! There are so many on here that I completely agree with!

Mary Beth - My husband is forever trecking my tools including my wheelbarrow (which he made fun of me for even having) down to the machine shed. When I moved to the family farm with him I had a T-post driver, fence stretcher, whole set of wrenches and screwdrivers, shovels, rakes, hammers, etc. Now they are ALL gone and I have to go to the shed and ASK to use my own tools. Then the boys get aggravated with me for hauling my own tools back down to my house to use them and want to know when I'm going to be finished. SO, in order to remedy this, I have decided to purchase and/or paint all my tools PINK! I feel fairly certain they won't want to use them if all my tools are girly looking.

People who mistreat children, animals or the elderly are at the top of my S*&^ list. Put I consider that to be something quite beyond a pet peeve.

Farmgirl # 639
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  11:16:39 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like cell phone etiquette is still the top peeve.

Mary

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  11:39:55 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, it's funny, isn't it? I finally broke down and got a cell phone around February of this year, right before I had little Violet. The relatives were REALLY pushing it, and I can see that it does have its advantages. But, I usually forget it at home, anyway, so I couldn't be one of those people dependent on it if I tried :)

My pet-peeves are a little on the weird side, but they irk me nonetheless.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  11:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Sarah: I think the pink paint is the right idea. Haha!
My husband was the exact offosite. He was a Master Mechanic and wanted all his tools where they should be. He could tell at a glance if anything was missing or even moved. I must have learned that from him. Now that he is gone and my kids or their friends use them they think I don't care where stuff goes but day-gum it I do. PUT STUFF BACK and while I'm at it---pick up your stuff (shoes, clothes) after you. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pet Peeves Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page