nanacole
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Bonnie
Mt. Juliet Tennessee
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  07:32:28 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies. I am new to this forum and have loved reading all the great advise and ideas. Years ago my husband and I took a tour of log cabins in the middle Tennessee area. In one of the homes was a church crocheted with doilie thread. I asked the lady of the house if she had made it and she informed me that it had been a gift. I have been looking for the pattern ever since. Has anyone got this pattern to share, or do they know where I might get it?

Thanks

Bonnie
Mt. Juliet, TN

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  11:02:11 AM  Show Profile
That sounds darling. I don't have the pattern, but if I ever see it, I'll know where to pass the information to.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

nanacole
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Bonnie
Mt. Juliet Tennessee
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  12:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Libbie. It was really cute. It had a steeple and was starched. Someone went to a lot of trouble.

Bonnie
Mt. Juliet, TN
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  5:00:38 PM  Show Profile
OOHHH this does sound good. Have you done a google search? How big is the church? I'd like to do one of these if you find out where to get a pattern.
Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

nanacole
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Bonnie
Mt. Juliet Tennessee
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  6:03:19 PM  Show Profile
Pamela, yes I have search every place I could think of. As far as I can remember the church was probably around six inches, with the steeple another two inches. I collect older craft books and have not found it in any of those either.

Bonnie
Mt. Juliet, TN
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  2:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
this is probably a filet crochet type of crochet. They offten have picture it is easy to desine one yourself. Take a picture of your favorite church . Blow it up big on a copy machine. put that on a light table and transfer the image to graph paper by tracing you can add or subtract detail make it complicated or simple. you can also do one out of your head just sart drawing on graph paper and remmber use 4 double scochet per block ( solid coleored graph square and 1 double crochet followed by two chains and 1 double crochet for the open squares. there are also lots of varieations you can do. such as two crossed stitches in the middle of a solid block to give texture or a bobble stitch for texture you can also do what is called gulls wings for more open areas like sky. there is also shade filet crochet this is 5 stiches per block solid 5 double crochet shadow 3 double crochet with a single chain between them ( 2 chains total) , and 1 dc ch3 1 dc for open areas. I know this is not the patter but if you can crochet you can draft your own patterns especially with filet crochet and graph paper.

have a lovely day

Edited by - sunshine on Apr 28 2006 09:38:31 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Crochet Church Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page