Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  5:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My mother ALWAYS used the clothesline, even in the winter. We HAD to hang miles and miles (at least it seemed that way) of clothes out . . . they'd freeze and not dry. So we had to take them down and hang them all around in the house.
I hang my clothes on the 8 ft. "game fence" that runs right across in front of my house. It's a fence that my dad put around the fruit orchard to keep the deer out. It make a wonderful clothes "line" as I can hang things in rows under each other if they are short.
I LOVE THE SMELL OF CLOTHES DRIED OUTSIDE . . . in the country air!!!
CJ

from the barefoot farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  10:16:02 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, Prairie Princess, would you kindly email me please, I cannot reach you through the forum.
Thanks,
Corinne

Sister # 101
'Heaven on Earth' is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

kathyquilts
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Kathy
O'Donnell tx
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  8:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Very Nice blog! Love the chicken pictures too. Also the clotheslines. Amazing how little things make us happy. Things our grandparents would think were normal everyday life.
have a super day!

God BLESS America!!
Go to Top of Page

midwifee
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Pamela
Sevierville TN
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  6:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Memories: hanging the clothes, moving the stick as the line sagged. Gramma was harsh if we let the clothes drag on the ground.
I have kept a wooden drying rack for winter or porch drying when the rain made the line unusable. It costs so little to use the clothesline. There is nothing like the smell of clean sheets fresh off the line. mmmm

coast to coast farmgirl is in the blood
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  7:05:36 PM  Show Profile
i live in an area with an hoa currently. if we have clothes lines they cant be permenet and everything is regulated. the clothsline issue is something people have been fighting for though

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  06:28:17 AM  Show Profile
I don't know what I would do without my clothesline! I have a drying rack for socks and undergarments that I sit in the sun on the porch. The rest of my clothing waves in the breeze for all to see. I rather like how it looks myself. I don't quite understand why it is such a problem for some people.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Catherine Seiberling Pond
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Catherine
Knob Region KY
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  10:38:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Karen,

Contact Alexander Lee at Project Laundry list (laundrylist.org). He might be able to help you and your neighbors. Excellent organization and he's taken his crusade on the road this month.

Good luck with your right to dry!

Catherine
quote:
Originally posted by Miss2Missus

i live in an area with an hoa currently. if we have clothes lines they cant be permenet and everything is regulated. the clothsline issue is something people have been fighting for though

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/

Farm girl at heart and in practice. Food/memoir writer and historian. Check out my blog at www.InthePantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Crazy Clothesline Controversy! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page