Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Things we have done today- Come share!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Things we have done today- Come share! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  07:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle- that's what I would do! No way would a gator last long around my house. I would freak out worrying about Nora and Sky-dog!

I haven't done much of anything yet today. But that is about to change after I get my morning dose of MJF! :D I have a ton of laundry to do, kitchen to clean, floors to mop, and our room to vacuum and shampoo. And the dog should get a bath too- but that's Doug's job. He's gonna get kicked out of bed here in about 45 minutes...he just doesn't know it yet! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  10:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay so far:

Stripped our bed
Remade the bed complete with pillowshams and decorative pillows
Washed 2 loads of laundry
dried one (the other is in the drier)
Started a third load of laundry
washed the breakfast dishes
wiped down some kitchen counter tops
vacuumed our bedroom
picked up garbage around the house.

Now I need to finish up the kitchen and re-pick up the living room and finish Nora's room. Oh and clean the bathroom. I have 2 1/2 hours before my sister who is allergic to EVERYTHING gets here. I am just hoping that she doesn't walk in and start having allergy issues.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  11:02:55 AM  Show Profile
Michelle:
I don't have to tease the alligators. When they hear me working in the yard, or if they hear the mower- they all come around.
I refuse to admit if I have or not cooked some of those creatures. I refuse to say!
I have five outside cats, and I have to put my Luck Dog out to do his thing. If an alligator threatens me or my sweet animals, oh well... Usually they leave me alone. This morning, I had to chase one of my outside away from the lake. The wildlife fellow mentioned to me that cats and dogs are their favorite meal. Now, he tells me this as he is drinking a beer, rather finishing off a beer. He then asks if I can reach in the back of his truck in the ice chest to fetch him another cold beer. I told him he had two minutes to start his truck and get the >>>>>>> out of my yard. Until the wildlife group can help with these alligators, I will do what I have to do. I don't hurt them or kill them unless they are a threat. I've already lost one of the kittens to an alligator. Never again on my watch.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  11:24:01 AM  Show Profile
Hmm. Sounds like a 2 legged pest for sure. The nerve.

Sounds like your alligators are threats similar to our coyotes/pumas here. Of course, you probably have those too. Yikes. It was good to see the deer back in our neighborhood last night. When they skeedaddle, it's time to look to the bluffs for that buff kitty. She is often around our place in the fall. Even raised her brood nearby last winter. I haven't seen her, but lots of neighbors have. I guess before we bought the place, she must have enjoyed the seclusion it offers all to herself. I'll spare the details, but I've cleaned up lots of evidence of some big critter hunting/living on our ground. So far, no casualties. I think wild game is plentiful enough that barn cats seem silly to hunt, and horses a bit dangerous to tangle with. Though I admit, I'm glad Q is getting bigger/stronger. I worried quite a bit when he was a weanling.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  4:22:42 PM  Show Profile
DH and I finished putting the roofing material on the shed we are repairing! i'm so glad that part of the project is over... i got sweaty palms just watching him on the roof nailing it on. it took us 3 days and alot of hard work, so i want to go celebrate by taking a nice, relaxing bubble bath.

then washed a HUGE load of dishes.

de-frosted my big freezer.

now, maybe i'll go excercise before i relax and have dinner...

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  4:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
wow...ya'll are braggers! lol

I took a nap...but of course that's after hot flashes in the night.
Did 4 hours of needlepoint...yah!
A couple hours reading email....!
cooking, dishes, 2 loads of laundry...
watching tv...(it's Sunday)
played with my little son (I only see him once every 2 weeks)
we made a cake together!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  5:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Ground about 75# of flour from Hard Red Wheat--well it really took most of 2 days--and Tim helped.
Now I'm baking sourdough bread.
Getting ready to freeze more corn. I think I'll make some parched corn while I'm at it.

It's not about being perfect, but enjoying what you do. Set aside time to be creative.

Robyn Pandolph

Go to Top of Page

Singing Tree Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Cari
Chase Michigan
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  7:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Canned a batch of the zuchini relish,
spent some time organizing my sewing/craft space after rearranging the entire living room to make room for more seating,
had my niece's birthday at lunch,
brought in a field of second cutting hay,
sitting down in some nice comfy jammies to top the day off with you ladies!

All of creation sings Your praise!
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  12:35:47 PM  Show Profile
today worked on new bedroom curtains, fed rabbits. took 5 dogs for a car ride to Lake Huron. chased said dogs all over the place because 4 of them are mini dachounds and are not known for thier obedience.stopped to pick wild apples on the way home. Napped
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  7:24:52 PM  Show Profile
I hurt!

Today I:

~Made a loaf of English Muffin Bread
~Made a loaf of Amish White Bread
~Made four batches of Pear Pie Filling
~Got my juice prepared for more Vanilla-Pear jelly
~Blanched and froze 2 pints Snow peas
~Blanched and froze 4 pints Green beans
~Laundry
~Dishes
~Made Pumpkin Spice Syrup for lattes and Cocoas
~Made some Butter

And exercised :)

Tomorrow is jelly day, decorating for Fall (which I was hoping to do today) and crafting :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Things we have done today- Come share! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page