Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 farmgirl connection nametags at farm fair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic farmgirl connection nametags at farm fair Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  08:43:10 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, has someone already mentioned making farmgirl connection name tags for farm fair this year? I think it would be a wonderful way to identify each other right away.. What do you think? Farmgirl chapter project perhaps?? Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  09:06:42 AM  Show Profile
I think this is a wonderful idea! I'm not artistic at all, but if someone came up with a general idea and posted the pattern, that would be great.

As far as individual chapters go, one thing a scrapbooking group I'm a member of did (for a national scrap) was that everyone that was an online member made the same-patterned nametag. Each group that met locally had a hang-down embellishment that was unique for that group. For example, one group had white hankies attached to the back of their name tag and on the part that hung down they had pink angel pins.

I have a Xyron machine and will be glad to laminate the nametags for everyone, if that would help.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  11:07:42 AM  Show Profile
HA! make 'em REAL BIG ... cuz' without my glasses, i have to rest my head on the person's chest/breast that i'm trying to read the tag!

in our dolly club .. we chose a 'theme' (DOLLS of course) and everyone made their own tag within that theme .. the creativity was wonderful and no one person had tons of tags to make. Also, for those that come at the last minute .. or those that plan on coming but at the last minute can't make it .. presents a little problem when compiling lists.

What do you think of everyone making their own tag .. could do a FARMGIRL theme .. whatever that may mean to each of us.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  11:58:34 AM  Show Profile
I think that's a great idea, and yours too, Frannie.

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  12:22:20 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking of wearing a name tag also. That everyone would know me.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  1:48:46 PM  Show Profile
oh gosh .. wouldn't it be fun if some of you BROUGHT your dollies you are making .. and maybe even make a 'farmGIRL dolly' for a name tag! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  2:00:35 PM  Show Profile
I'll bring mine.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  3:35:33 PM  Show Profile
How about something with a red gingham background? I think having a hanging embellishment for each chapter or individual would be great. We talked before about wearing red gingham aprons too.

Mine is just a little old fashioned garden where the flowers come together to praise the Lord, and teach all who look upon them to do likewise.
-- Celia Thaxter

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  3:36:34 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl Fantastic!! Sounds to me like everyone has some mighty creative ways of expressing the spirit.. Here's to creating our own individual farmgirl nametags!! How fun!! Can't wait..can't wait..can't wait!! Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  4:44:42 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea of red gingham aprons and big old farmgirl nametags too..I want to make sure I know who everyone is..I have you all pictured in my mind..and I know there will be some surprizes!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  6:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, i just had the most colorful image of farm fair with your comment, Aunt Jenny. How fun is this?? Wow.. I can hardly contain myself..day-dreaming of connecting your names and your faces.. its all so great!! enjoy the evening..by the way Aunt Jenny, your cow is the most beautiful cow I have ever seen in my life. I completely fell in love with her eyes and her ears, of all things. She is sooo gorgeous and I'm praying for a quick and safe delivery.. I've been checking the post daily and with each passing day I'm on pins and needles!! Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  6:17:09 PM  Show Profile
Name tags are a must for forgetful brains like mine. I think it would be a fun Chapter project for those of us in MJF Chapters. Each Chapter could design their own and then they could also be identified with their chapter. I already have something in mind for our group...but think I'll let it be a surprise.

Our Chapter is planning on being vendors at the Farm Fair so I think I will also bring some of the MJF Chapter projects we have been made at our meetings. We can make a display of our treasures. But we don't have far to go so this makes it easy. We are about two hours north of the farm. How about you other gals in Chapters, can you bring what you have done?

Frannie, how about a doll display at the Farm Fair?

What cha' all think?

Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  6:46:06 PM  Show Profile
oooh pamela .. that all sounds so devine .. it would be great if someone could 'take on' the receiving and displaying of dolls .. if that is something that maryjane and crew wouldn't mind during farm fair. i'm not sure i will be able to attend during those dates .. don't know our summer schedule of travelling yet. i do hope to get there sometime this summer .. just don't know when yet.

are there many 'chapters'? i'm guessing more girls don't live in an area where there is a chapter than there are who do. guess that's why i suggested everyone make up their own unique nametag.

it surely sounds like a lot of fun!!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  6:53:27 PM  Show Profile
I am sure everyone will come up with a lovely name tag! Can't wait to see them all.

And Frannie- I would be happy to care for your little orphans should any of them decide to come for farm fair- I may or may not have a booth of my own for my sweet baby 'musts' but I would be happy to get them all to the fair, set them up real nice for the day and get them back to you (assuming they don't find adoptive families right there and then)!
Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  07:36:30 AM  Show Profile
what a sweetie pie offer dearheart .. actually, i was thinking if all the farmgirls who made dollies from the pattern i sent .. wanted to do a 'tea party' together at maryjane's to show everyone who visited what a fun thing we 'farmsisters' did together on maryjane's connection .. it would be so great. they could mail them to you (with return postage included) .. not being put up for 'adoption' at farm fair .. but rather all just coming together for a visit!

first, i think we have to get maryjane's permission to do this .. then .. we have to find out if there are enough girls who are participating in the dolly-doin's .. who wish to send their dolly along.

thanks again for your sweet offer. i would be happy to send one of my chillun's along to 'take tea' and 'break bread ... uhhh .. that would be COOKIES' with the other little ones! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  09:50:14 AM  Show Profile
I love the nametag idea - I can't wait to see and meet everyone, either! An apron festival - I LOVE it!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  11:39:11 AM  Show Profile
We must all think alike! I was thinking of nametags too! We should use our farmgirl connection name and then maybe our real name underneath. What fun.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  8:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
the dolly idea is so great! so were you thinking that if a farmgirl couldnt be there they could send a dolly to represent them? that would be so neat to see dollys of farmgirls from all over, together even if we cant all be there in person!
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic farmgirl connection nametags at farm fair Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page