Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  1:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Dear farmgirls,

A week ago, Clare told us that she would like to step down from her moderator duties on the forum. Clare has been a moderator on our forum since last year, when we decided we needed help in being alerted to any problems that arose on the forum (especially nights and weekends when we’re busy with our “other” lives). Since we were steeped in book deadlines, we asked a few of our long-standing forum members if they would help. In true farmgirl fashion, Clare and Eileen graciously stepped up and volunteered. The help they’ve given us on the forum this last year has been just amazing – we’re thankful and humbled by their dedication, care, and concern! And when Eileen became busier and we continued to be overwhelmed by other duties, Clare picked up even more slack and even tried her hand at setting some policy guidelines for our forum. Since we had never envisioned piling this much of a burden on our moderators, it’s no wonder that she’d now like to resume her place as a farmgirl chatter, without having to shoulder these extra responsibilities. And we’d like to let both Clare and Eileen do just that. The timing is really quite perfect - MaryJane and I have just finished two more books, and MaryJane’s daughter, Meggie, is now back at the farm full-time. So, from here on out, we’ll take over all moderating duties here at the farm – MaryJane and I will take a look at policies and revamp those as needed, look into forum upgrades, watch for inappropriate posts, try to get posts into the right topics, etc. Meggie and Cindylou and our "Mail List Kate" will act as administrators on certain projects and also take the time to chime in whenever necessary. If, at some point, our forum outgrows the five of us, we have other farmgirls here who are anxious to pitch in if necessary. We love and cherish ALL your voices and want to continue to offer our farm as your gathering place – the place you know to come to for companionship, advice, inspiration, and encouragement (a farmgirl "coat" from the storm of life).

Like Sleepless Reader’s farmgirl wisdom says … "Life can be messy, put on an apron!"

Farmgirl love,
Carol

Tatiana
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Tania
Boise ID
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  6:21:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to Clare and Eileen!

Tania
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  03:42:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to Clare and Elieen for all the work and imput on our forum. You seemed to have the right words to say about a topic on anything.

Carol, Meggie and of course, Mary Jane, thank you for your continued interest in out forum. We have come to expect the excellency of the forum and your staff interest. Mail list Kate, thank you for the organization of the mail art list. It has grown and I love that.

You all work hard to provide this forum and I pray that each of you know what it means to we farm girls. You keep it safe and that makes sharing easy.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  09:56:08 AM  Show Profile
Just want to step in here and tell everyone it has been my pleasure to do this. Thank you Mary Jane and staff for having the trust to allow me to have this opportunity. It was a learning experience as well as a large task and I am glad you have now taken it under the roof of the farm staff. It is wonderful that it has grown so large and I have been a part of the process. I felt a little guilty to have had to let so much of it fall on Clare when I had my surgery and my summer farm chores took so much of my time. Now I feel I can just enjoy the conversation.
Thankyou.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2005 :  3:00:41 PM  Show Profile
By now we all know this site is beyond being a special place. It is almost supernatural in it's ability to speak to so many women across the board!

Thank you Clare & Eileen; I am glad you get a break now and can let go of responsibilities and just be farmgirls. Do not wander away! Get closer!

I am thankful for this place where I find women who are of like mind.

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  2:57:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls for doing so well to keep this a wonderful place to be. I can't even begin to understand all that goes on behind the scenes. Thanks, you are all great!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Forum Moderators   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page