Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  4:33:15 PM  Show Profile
I keep trying to make changes to my profile, but I get an error message saying it is the incorrect password. I pretty well stay signed in, so I know the password is correct. Am I doing something else incorrectly?

Thanks!!!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  2:00:59 PM  Show Profile
I too have a question. Every time I post, I get numbers in the middle of some of my words. I go back to edit and delete them, however they come right back. I have stopped posting because I cannot get this to stop.
Thank You,
Lynner Interesting, it did not do it here. HMMMMM!!!!!

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...

Edited by - Lynner on Jul 12 2009 2:02:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  2:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lynner- Do you use a laptop? Sometimes they have numbers as a superscript along some keys. If you accidently push the Function Key (FN) then the numbers will by typed instead of the letters.

Jessie- Are you making sure the capitalization is correct when you are going into your profile as far as password and your username? If they are, try emailing Gabe@maryjanesfarm.org and he should be able to help sort things out.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  10:14:08 AM  Show Profile
Good call, Alee, on Lynner's problem! I always forget about that sort of thing.
We'll see if that's it.

Also, ditto, for CRshelpmeet. Just be certain the caps-lock and all keys that affect typing are properly set, then please take the time once more to be sure to type it slowly to be certain you got it right.
If it's still a no-go, I'll go in to change your password and get you back in, where you can reset your password to what it should be.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  10:42:22 AM  Show Profile
It says something about the passwords not matching, but I don't know which two passwords it is talking about that don't match. It will let me use my password to sign into my profile, but after I make my changes and hit Submit; the message comes up that my passwords do not match.
I only type my password in the one time when I get into my profile so I know that it is right.

Thanks

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  11:09:12 AM  Show Profile
Okay.
Were you trying to change the password?
If you're able to get into your profile, you're all set.
The password fields you see once you're into your account are just for if you want to change your password; if so, that's when you fill in the "New password" field, then double-check you've typed what you thought you typed for your password by retyping it in the "Confirm new password" field beneath.

That should be the only time you see that message — when those two fields don't match.
But if you're not trying to change your password, then those fields don't need to be filled in or changed.

Sounds like it describes what you're experiencing?
Gabe
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  3:34:54 PM  Show Profile
I was trying to change the quote in my line and delete the screen name that I have for yahoo messenger. I don't do anything with the password except use it to log into my profile page with. :)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  4:23:40 PM  Show Profile
Just make sure to leave those two password fields blank when you're changing your other info, and it should be fine.
If you try again and are absolutely sure you left them blank, then I'll need to check for errors, I think.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  5:07:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi I am trying to add my farmgirl # to my profile but it doesn't show up. It could be under my name on the left side of the posting or just below my quote, I don't care. Can anyone help?
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  5:52:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gabe! :) What I ended up having to do was make as though I was changing my password to something new. The "new password" field was highlighted and I thought maybe if I just retyped my password where it said "confirm new password" maybe it would let it go through and make my changes and IT DID!!! It said my profile was updated. :D

Thank you for your help! :D
hugs

Jessie

Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  09:31:38 AM  Show Profile
CRshelpmeet:

Glad something worked out to get you around the problem.

Old Spirit:

You want your Sisterhood number to be displayed the way it showed up in your last post? I see it there. Did you just add it manually? Is that how you'd like it to look, except maybe beneath your quote, rather than above?
You would just go to Profile (linked to in the upper right), and edit the "Tagline" field. Just type in / paste in the text you want after the quote that should already be in that field.

You won't be able to add it to the left column below your name in that title or anything. Only particular users can edit anything in that portion.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  10:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rae-

If you go into your profile you can add your sisterhood number in with your town or state or instead of. I just did mine so if you look under my name you will see an example of what you could do.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MJF_Admin
Administrator

26 Posts

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  10:33:07 AM  Show Profile
Good one, Alee!
Look at our Chatroom innovator...

And if you want to keep them on separate lines, you might be able to just put the Sister # first in the "City" field, followed by a comma and some spaces to force City and State to a second line; then enter City and State in the "State" field. I'm experimenting with it to see if that works...

Edited by - MJF_Admin on Jul 27 2009 10:37:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

MJF_Admin
Administrator

26 Posts

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  10:46:24 AM  Show Profile
You'll probably need about 6 or more spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  12:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, I see it shows up now so that will be just fine for the time being.
Thank you again
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  1:20:50 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome!
Go to Top of Page