Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 Don't Forget the Henhouses!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Don't Forget the Henhouses! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  07:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

Don't forget about the henhouses!

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/default.asp

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  08:15:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Alee! I'm a little confused about the Sisterhood/Henhouses concept. I've thought about signing up for the Sisterhood, but I think the chapter that was trying to start in my area has never really come together. So I guess I could get in by joining one of the "Virtual" chapters that only exist online and don't have geographic boundaries? But is there a listing that will tell me which ones those are? And, since my understanding is that they are arranged around topics of interest rather than location, is it possible to participate in more than one? How do people choose their chapter home when it's not their actual home?
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  08:18:12 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been able to get into my henhouse in months and months. I am not sure why though.
hugs,

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  08:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Amie- By joing the Sisterhood you are able to participate in the Henhouses and you certainly can be a member of more than one at a time. It sounds like they might be the answer for you since like you said- your local chapter hasn't really become cohesive yet. If you follow the link I provided above, it will take you to the henhouses and you can read as a guest but not post. Ususally the hen house leaders post a little description of their henhouse in the "Bulletin Board" Section. If it looks like that henhouse is empty, look at the bottom right of the screen and set it to show all posts. Some of the most active are the MJ Heirloom Mavens, the Bees Without Borders, and the Nitty Gritty Farmgirls.

Jessie- It looks like you might not have renewed your Sisterhood membership? I am guessing since you don't have the hexagon below your name? You might want to email brainogle@maryjanesfarm.org He is the Keeper of the Keys and can help you out. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  08:41:47 AM  Show Profile
oop yep! thats why :) thanks for reminding me :D
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  07:32:18 AM  Show Profile
My henhouse is "Aprons of the Adirondacks" and I am looking for more interested ladies to chat with over there. There isn't a lot to read at the moment but I'd like to get some momentum going and build up a group of ladies in my area to start a monthly meeting. There are so many great projects to work on and so many networking opportunities with all the different interests and talents. I NEED more time with my sisters!!!!!

Carrie M

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  08:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Carrie!

If you don't mind a non Adirondack farmgirl- I would be happy to join in on your henhouse. You also might like the Nitty Gritty Farmgirls! Stop by and chat with us sometime! Just give brianogle@maryjanesfarm.org an email and let him know you would like posting priviledges to our henhouse! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  3:03:46 PM  Show Profile
I have tried to register on the henhouses but it says they are not accepting anyone new. I have renewed my sisterhood membership, I thought that was part of it, being able to go to the henhousses?

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

"Success consists of getting up once oftener than you fall down" anon.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  3:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Angela- email brianogle@maryjanesfarm.org and he will take care of anything on their end that is preventing you from being able to get in. Also make sure you tell him which henhouse(s) you want to belong to.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  7:42:17 PM  Show Profile
I have been trying to find a henhouse in minnesota but with no luck. I just can't wait. Maybe I will have to start my own.
Bonnie
Farmgirl #298

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  8:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Bonnie!

The Henhouses are mostly Virtual chapters- spanning all State and even country lines! However, I think it is a great idea to start a Minnesota Henhouse! It would be a great online meeting place for sisters in your area! And maybe it would lead to face-to-face chapter meetings as well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  8:47:12 PM  Show Profile
Alee:

Thanks for the encouragement. I got my official henhouse package yesterday. Time to recruit. I,d love to chat with anyone, not just from Minnesota. I do have great ideas for stuff we could do. Love to hear from you.

Bonnie Ellis sister 298 from Minnesota

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  05:25:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad you got your package yesterday! Isn't it fun to be part of the Sisterhood?! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  09:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Seems like this can all get a little confusing.. So I am going go see if I can "break it down a little"

Farmgirl~ anyone can be a Farmgirl and attend chapter meetings, etc. there is no charge; she just needs to align herself with other farmgirls in a local chapter.

Registered Farmgirl~ this is a gal who has taken the time to register on line ( www.maryjanesfarm.org) click on "chat with other farmgirls". She has filled out the form, waited for her confirmation and no is registered with the farm as a Farmgirl. Now the farm knows that she is out there and she can visit with other farmgirls and take advantage of the many, many, many benefits of the Farmgirl connection. Again there is no fee.

Chapter Leader a chapter leader can be any "Registered Farmgirl" who fills out the request to be a leader. The farm will then send her a packet of info that she can pass out to prospective farmgirls... It is the chapter leaders task to pass on the Farmgirl way, build a local community, help the girls get registered and connect with the larger community of farmgirls and earn sisterhood badges is they desire too. She is willing to lead by example and is having fun building a local chapter of farmgirls.

Sisterhood farmgirls, theses are the registered farmgirls who have taken the Farmgirl movement to heart. Paid their $20 annual registration fee (to help cover the badges) and have committed to "Mastering" the Farmgirl way. Some are doing things like stitching for the 1st time while others are master craftsmen who are documenting there accomplishments, and earning their badges and wearing their sisterhood proudly.

In the sisterhood we feature sister farmgirls in our monthly newsletter that is emailed out to each girl in the sisterhood, as they earn their badges etc. As well as monthly specials from the farm. This year we awarded Carrie M as sister-farmgirls of the year. For her commitment to the Farmgirl sisterhood program by earning 39 plus badges and teaching the Farmgirl way to her farmettes.

Sisterhood Coordinator ~ that is me~ I am here to help with any of the questions that you may have that you aren’t finding the answers for through other Farmgirl and sisters. So please feel free to email me directly if there is anything that you need help with.

We have amazing Farmgirl/sisters who have been around for a very long time that are very very knowledgeable~ SO between all of us... we could be able to find the answers....

Hope this helps.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

www.ruralandraw.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  12:23:17 PM  Show Profile
The Hen Houses looks a bit sad! I went to check them out and nearly all of them seem inactive. I was hoping to find at least one to join and haven't found one that seem to be my liking..yet! Maybe I should ask this question first... what is the purpose of Hen Houses?

Still Learning..endlessly!
:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  1:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The Henhouses are great for organizing the online chapters. Sort of like online Sorority houses of the friendliest people ;). You can join as many as you like. The Mavens are usually pretty active and the Nitty Gritty Farmgirls try to be active too. Chatting in the henhouses usually picks up in the winter once the gardens are put to bed and school has started for the kiddos.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  4:39:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee... I'll keep my eyes open for the activity.

:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766
(29 Sept 2009)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  11:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I posted some today- and if you are interested in a book club type chapter, sign up for the BookWorms. Jeanna and I would like to have some more reading buddies!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  09:13:32 AM  Show Profile
I joined the farmgirl co-op a week or so back. I think two weeks. I got a confirmation but thought I was supposed to get something else. I paid my $20 and now I am wondering...you said you could join more than one but is it $20 for each one or des that cover all groups? I will go see if I can get on the co-op group as I have not tried yet.
LaVonna

Nope, it says I do not exist in their database. So sad. What to do now?
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Windsong on Oct 03 2009 09:19:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  09:43:29 AM  Show Profile
thats been one reason i havent joined is the lack of chapater in the area. glad i found this thread.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  09:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LaVonna- The $20 allows you to be a Sisterhood member and as a sisterhood member you can join as many henhouses as you would like!

Karen- Being a sisterhood member is great and the henhouses are lots of fun- especially over the winter when they can get really busy! Lots of fun chatting and projects! And the more members the more likely the conversations will stay current all the time! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  10:15:52 AM  Show Profile
But,Alee, when will I be able to post? It has been 2 weeks since I joined.

Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  12:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Well, I emailed Brian at the link listed above. i know it is a few months old but my mail was returned as undeliverable.

Maybe I just need to wait longer.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  12:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
you email brianogle@maryjanesfarm.org ?

If you want to email me by clicking on my user name and let me know which ones you want to join I can forward it for you if you would like?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  06:20:33 AM  Show Profile
I have been a sisterhood member for two years now and still have not figured out the henhouses. Like which one I was suppose to join, etc. this threads helps a bit!

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´tangledthreads #85

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Don't Forget the Henhouses! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page