Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Which MaryJane ROOM do you visit most?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Which MaryJane ROOM do you visit most? Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  4:07:12 PM  Show Profile
do you gurlz find yourselves mostly in one or several of the "rooms" at MaryJane's Farm Connection? I seem to wander out in the yard and hang OVER THE FENCE a lot .. then when coming back 'inside' .. i seem to amble toward the READING ROOM and the SEWING ROOM mostly.

Where do you find yourselves settling in when visiting?

True Friends, Frannie

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  4:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I'll always be across the fence on a farm of my own working on my dolly

blessings
beth

A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself. Tom Stoppard "Rosencrantz & Gildenstern are Dead"

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Feb 19 2006 4:51:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  4:51:02 PM  Show Profile
I "hang out" in barnyard buddies mostly but will wander to garden gate or kitchen if I have time.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  4:57:39 PM  Show Profile
beth .. you GO GIRL!!!!!!

alicia .. i visit the 'barnyard' to check on the critters from time to time!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  5:38:17 PM  Show Profile
Every time I log on, I click on Active Topics and read everything that's been posted since the last time I was here. Some of the rooms don't apply to me *yet*, but I'm sure learning alot!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  7:38:41 PM  Show Profile
My favorite rooms are the stitching, entrepreneurship, family matters, Across the fence and barter. The barter seesm to be mostly the mail art postings. Since I can't even keep my scrapbooks up to date I do not seem to find the time to do mail art.
I would like to see more postings on the MJ Chapter Projects page from chapter members or leaders about what their group does.
I do get an email newsletter from Cindi and this is great, but I'd like to see postings as well from you chapter gals.

Happy President's Day!

Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"

Edited by - Photobugs on Feb 19 2006 8:31:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  9:33:13 PM  Show Profile
I click on the active topics and read it all but my favorites are usually barnyard buddies, stitching and reading ...but heck...I like em all!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  04:54:22 AM  Show Profile
I usually start at the top of the forum and work my way down. I at least read all the top topics. Sometimes my posts start out kinda' long and then by the time I make it to Weather Report, I start cuttin' it short.....due to time. I keep tellin' myself to start at Weather and work my way up!

I'm like Jenny, I love them all. I like welcoming new friends, checkin' out the news, talkin' at the fence, smilin' at the barnyard critters, gathering together, seein' what's goin'on with farmgals' businesses, gardening, stitching, reading,.... Oh, MaryJane has covered it all!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  05:35:26 AM  Show Profile
lets see, first the active topics, and where they take me, then the stitching room, reading room and across the fence, and of course any games or jobs we should be doing, like MJ'S magizine and other Frannie games. A person can just get caught up in the active topics.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  07:31:01 AM  Show Profile
I too am an 'active topic' girl. I just love 'em all! I am more likely to post in the stichting room and across the fence. Wish I had more to offer you girls, I think I get more then I give here at the Farmgirl connection! You all are just something so special!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  07:39:47 AM  Show Profile
UH-DUH!!! guess what i 'accidentally' discovered yesterday! you'd a thunk i would have figgered this out a LONG time ago!

when i go to any topic that i want to check out .. i've always checked out the TOPIC HEADING and clicked on THAT .. which, of course, takes me to the FIRST page (if there are more than one page) ... then i have to click on the 'last' page to see the latest postings .. (a two-step process) .... well .. yesterday, my fingers 'jiggled' and i accidentally clicked on page TEN .. and VOILA .. i was AT the current posting page!

Anyone else out there not already know this little 'secret'??

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  07:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls, Im an active topic first then hanging on the fence and always barnyard. I was away for 10 glorious days in Florida but had to catch up & active topics help you do just that. Still waiting for old Mona to give birth. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  07:52:54 AM  Show Profile
I look at the open topics first, if there is something that interests me, I click on that. If not, I start with across the fence, move to the barnyard buddies and then to garden gate. Those are my top ones, but since I have been involved with the Holiday Giftie exchange, I then go to holidays to check in. I also keep an eye on the farmgirl chapters since I am part of the Oregon Chapter of Yarn and Garden girls. I do take a look at most of the other topics to. Probably the one I don't use is the stitching room, since I don't sew (which is not a good excuse coming from a household of seamstresses ) - I guess some genes are just not passed down, luckily I got the good cook gene

Anne in Portland

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan

Edited by - asnedecor on Feb 20 2006 07:53:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  08:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Across the fence and the stitching room are neck and neck. I usualy then mosey over to Kitchen after that I wander all over.

I do check those threads I've posted on.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  09:28:18 AM  Show Profile
I just click on active topics and read what appeals to me. However Kitchen, Stitching, and Gardening are my favs.

Mine is just a little old fashioned garden where the flowers come together to praise the Lord, and teach all who look upon them to do likewise.
-- Celia Thaxter

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  09:36:56 AM  Show Profile
I like hanging around the barnyard and then I'll check in on the gardens and I like watching the open topics. I'm gearing up for gardening so I'll be spending more time there soon. Love visiting with all you wonderful gals! Enjoy! :)

Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  12:49:02 PM  Show Profile
My Fav. is the stitchin' room but when I hop on I always check out the active topics to see what I've missed while I was away. The kitchen is another fav. I like checking out what happening in the swap shop and entrepreneurship to see what's new in everyones businesses.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Which MaryJane ROOM do you visit most? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page