Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Yeah! I just Sold a Goat!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Yeah! I just Sold a Goat!!! Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  10:20:05 AM  Show Profile
I have a sign out front at the driveway about the goat kids for sale and have not had anyone stop until today. They had seen it before and decided they would stop. They were prepared to get one, though. They picked one out and it took half an hour to finally catch him. I think he knew what was going on. He'd never seen these people before so he was acting shy, which he is not at all. I call him Jumper because he is so friendly. So I finally had to go get his momma who he hasn't seen in a few weeks. That worked. Came right to me. I should have done that in the first place. I'll know with the next one. I wish they had gotten 2 but right now I'm just glad to be moving them.

There was a guy supposed to come yesterday to get 3 but he didn't show up, He's just up the road and is working on fencing the pasture a little better. SO maybe he's not quite finished. Then that will leave me with 7 when he gets his. Then someone else is getting another one. That will be 6 left and those if not sold will be butchere in the fall. Maybe just 4. I'll have to have a buck to use for breeding.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  4:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on the goat sale Kris
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  6:33:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Rae. The guy that's supposed to get 3 today called and said he'd be here Mon. afternoon now. We'll see. I think he's worried about shelter and we have had rain and could get some more. So I hope he will come and get these little buggars.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  05:45:00 AM  Show Profile
Good going Kris. All of a sudden mine are selling also. We sold 2 yesterday, and a guy is coming Saturday to pick up 3. I feel like he will show, he did leave a deposit.
I was really needing the money. I am going to use the money to put up more fencing, we are going to start boarding 3 horses.
I am excited to have horses around again. With my husband and I out of work, the boarding money is going to come in handy. Hopefully, it will more than pay for feed for ALL our other animals.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  06:21:24 AM  Show Profile
Isn't that neat that just when you really need money for something it comes in? It always seems to be that way for me, too. I am happy for you. I usually have to put the money right back in this farm for something. I need to put up electric fence in the big pasture so I can divide it up into quarters. I need to see how much it will cost to do that. I have my 2 cows over there now and will need to put the bucks and wethers I am keeping over there asap. But evrything we do costs money and it's usually not cheap, either.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  07:34:21 AM  Show Profile
I am wishing our money tree would start to bloom but no luck on that end Our chickens are doing really well so should be able to start to sell some eggs, even if we can sell enough for the feed that is nice, break even thing. Also if all else fails we have eggs to eat
Kris hope the guy shows up for the goats. I get so frustrated as things take so long to get done so can get moving on to the next point but am sure God uses it to teach me patience.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  08:06:09 AM  Show Profile
Ew, patience I have not. That's the worst thing about me is no patience and it sure shows alot. But the eggs are good! If I could keep my hens from going broody so much, we might have enuf to sell! I might should just sell chicks. That 1 hen that started setting last week is on 12 eggs! And the guinea hatched about 16.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  09:33:04 AM  Show Profile
The leghorns we have aren't broody at all, they lay and leave. They get more excited about what I brought them to eat!!

Sounds like our patience is about the same

Rae

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  12:56:28 PM  Show Profile
The guy finally came! But he only got 2. A brother and sister. He said he might come in a few monthe and get a buck. But he better hurry or they'll all be in the freezer.

So that leaves 5. And 3 more that have been sold but are still here til they come get them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Yeah! I just Sold a Goat!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page