Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 fireworks and soldiers!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic fireworks and soldiers! Next Topic  

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  6:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Let's say some prayers and send calming love to the soldiers who are feeling effects of PTSD this season.

My soldier friend has only been back from Afghanistan for about 6 months. My heart goes out to him and his fellow soldiers when he told me today that these last few days he has to close his eyes and concentrate saying to himself "it is only fireworks...it is only fireworks"

I guess people just don't realize how upsetting the fireworks could be to a soldier just home from war. He said that the fireworks sound exactly like war!

Linda in Scranton, PA

GOD BLESS AMERICA. Our FREEDOM is not free.

The soldier in my family is often saying that they could not do what they do without the support of their families and the sacrifices the families make.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  7:39:41 PM  Show Profile
Linda:
Please thank you friend for me for all he has done for our country. God Bless him. I will pray for him.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  8:59:32 PM  Show Profile
I will be praying for all the soldiers suffering from PTSD. As if war isn't bad enough, they come home and still carry the war experience with them. Lots of healing thoughts going out tonight to all soldiers protecting our country...
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  09:34:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm saying a little prayer too

And please pass along how much we appreciate the sacrifice
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic fireworks and soldiers! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page