True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  05:30:27 AM  Show Profile
Okay Ladies,
I have fallen off the wagon for almost two weeks now. With grandchildren baking and picking for the Farmers Market and doing fun stuff, I have had no time. Well, ok, no extra energy in my mind anyway, to work out. School starts in another week, and I plan to get going again, at that time. There is always hope.
Sheri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

...God made the seed to grow...1 Cor 3:6

The best fertilizer for a farm, are the farmers footsteps...

Edited by - Lynner on Aug 13 2009 05:31:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  06:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sheri- if you are falling short on energy get a good B Complex vitamin, but if the smell and taste get to you, get a sublingual B12 vitamin. They use cherry juice to sweeten it and it is like taking candy!! And it really helps my energy level.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  5:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Has anyone heard of or tried Turbo Jam?
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  03:47:07 AM  Show Profile
I too have fallen off the wagon. With all the camping we've been doing I haven't pulled out the DVD's when we are home. Girls start back to school next week. I need to set a schedule for myself as well.

I haven't tried Turbo Jam - is it any good?

I need something for energy as well. I may have to give the sublingual a whirl. I get up at 4:15 but by mid afternoon I'm dragging.

Sorry I've been a horrible cheerleader here.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  11:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Deb, no need to apologize. I've been absolutely horrible at being a good work-out buddy and at just working-out! I did buy Shred, but haven't even put it in the DVD player yet! I have lost 8 lbs though! Ha! Only because I was sick for the whole week last week and my throat hurt too much to eat! And once I get into a habit of not eating, it takes me awhile to get my full appetite back. My eating problem is not eating anything until lunchtime or later and then eating one (or two) snacks after dinner. But in my experience from those wonderful gym-days, the more I worked-out and the more I sweated, the more I wanted to eat healthier. It was partly a mental thing because I couldn't bear the thought of undoing all that work, but I think my body actually craved healthier foods, too. And I'm gonna try the B complex vitamin, too. Thanks for that info, Alee!

I have a broth-based soup recipe I'll try to find that can be made up and stored in the fridge for a week. Eating a bowl before your meal is supposed to help you eat less and it's chock-full of all kinds of healthy stuff.

We can do this, girls! We are farmgirls! Sheri has the right attitude and perfect wisdom; each day IS a new day! We have to remember that it's one choice at a time. And if we make a bad choice, we'll soon have opportunity to make a good one!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

www.cherrymedarlin.etsy.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy

Edited by - CherryMeDarlin on Aug 20 2009 11:22:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  05:34:53 AM  Show Profile
Finally got the dvd! Next step is taking it out of the box & putting it in the dvd player. Ready to start this & think my DD is going to do it w/me.

Also..did you notice in the dvd there is a free month on Jillian's website. You get to see her other fitness, diet, & nutrition info. As long as I dont have to put in a credit card, I'm going to do it.

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln

Edited by - FarmGirl~K on Aug 26 2009 05:36:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  05:30:27 AM  Show Profile
I did the video last night & boy do I feel it already! I decided to start today since Sept. has 30 days. Now I just have to make sure I dont miss a day. Definitely glad I started though as the scale has crept up a little. Would be great if I could get 20 lbs. off this month. Feels good to have one day under my belt. I know by the end of the 30 days this will be easier.

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  09:05:33 AM  Show Profile
Wow. Just finished Shred and boy am I outta shape! Ha! I had the same thought, Kelly, about September. I realized that Deb started this thread on July 4th. That's two months that have flown by and I could already have been down at LEAST 10 pounds or more! UGH! It only takes that first step. That first choice. Again, UGH! I'm depressing myself even thinking that I have procrastinated for TWO FREAKIN' MONTHS!!! Oh well, now that I'm all hot and sweaty, I may as well get on the treadmill. Jillian Michaels is gonna be on this morning show on right now, so I'll watch her for some extra motivation while I tread it out! Happy sweating to all of you!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

www.cherrymedarlin.etsy.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  04:12:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm sticking my head back in here.... I haven't been doing the Shred - I'm embarrassed. Cherry posted that I started the thread in July, I too could have had some great results if I had been at it every day. I have been active though. Bike riding, hiking, construction on the house - but I need to make exercising part of my routine. Just a normal part of my day that I don't slough off on. "Oh, but I need to do X now - I'll work out later."

I have been making changes in our diets here at home. Changing over to whole grains and upping the veggies even more. We have a Vitamix that I'm really excited about. It's Sept. 10th - I'm going to do my Wii fit after the kids leave for school. (I hurt my leg on a bike ride Sunday that I'm baby'ing.)

Way to go you Shredders!

Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  05:19:01 AM  Show Profile
Deb, do not be embarrassed. It is great that you are doing anything. Just keep moving.
Well, I fell off the wagon some time back. Each week I get maybe one work out in. Day before yesterday I did the shred, and was in so much pain I could not sleep that night, or last night. I have osteoperosis and I really must excercise on a regular basis, but even that is not forcing me to do it. And I know I am going to regret it. So, I am still trying, and today I will work out. I need to do the weight baring excercises at least. If I would stop stopping and starting I would not have to go through the pain every time.
SOOOOO, away I go again, to make it one more day through a workout routine. I need to stay in shape also for farming. Picking, planting, etc. It is alot easier to bend over and pick, when I work out regularly. So, come ladies, lets get going....
Sheri

Edited by - Lynner on Sep 23 2009 05:21:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  06:04:08 AM  Show Profile
It's now Oct. 3rd. I've been drinking green smoothies for breakfast (about a quart) which sometimes takes the place of my lunch. (Since 9/10) I've been walking every day for 30 minutes for about 2 weeks now. Tossing in some jogging. I'd love to work up to all jogging if I can - some day. I haven't gone back to the 30 day shred video. Maybe when the weather really changes.

I've lost 6 lbs so far. I am trying to make the exercise part of my routine. That is really the key for me. I drop the girls off at school - bring my Ipod, then head for my walk from there. Or I come home and immediately put in my DVD (yesterday was Leslie Sansone and I forced myself to do it.)

I'm feeling good. More energy, sleeping better and no cravings for "that time of the month" - so far.

Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  05:34:45 AM  Show Profile
Deb,
Good for you. I have used Leslie Sansone also, good walking work out. And a great thing to do. I did the shred one day this week. I would be better off to just do something. Really need to keep the circulation and flexability going. But getting into a routine just like getting dressed, will keep you active and finding it is a must. You are definitely on the right track.
Again, you go girl, you are getting there. And for the six pound loss, woo hoo.
Sheri

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  12:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I just got the 30 day shred in at the library and now all I have to do is pick it up on Thursday. Can't wait to try it!!!!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  06:28:48 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies,
I am back at the shred once again. So far I have made it about a week and am feeling stronger and more energetic. I am sleeping somewhat better as well. Going in to the new year in better physical shape. How are all of you doing?
Sheri

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  12:54:48 PM  Show Profile
Good job!

I've been doing the EA Sports Active on my Wii along with a walking/jogging routine about 3-4 times a week. I too want to go into the new year in better shape. I've lost a few inches & almost 8 lbs. now. I'm moving to an indoor walking track tomorrow. Hoping to incorporate more jogging in my routine.

I've been moving the family into a more of a Clean Eating way of life. We're all getting healthy!

How is everyone else doing?

Farm Girl #790

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic 30 Day Shred Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page