Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knitting with a Loom?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting with a Loom? Next Topic  

lara916
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Lara
Washington State
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  4:43:11 PM  Show Profile
I plan on going straight from Fingerknitting to knitting with a Loom. Does anyone use a loom to knit? I am pretty excited about getting started!

Lara #327

"Boots" Becker Homestead Farmgirls

cityfarmgirl14
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Melissa
Idaho
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  3:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I do! Knitting with a loom is really fun and easy! I have found that loom knitting is better whenever I need to do shaping, such as making a sweater. A great book to get about loom knitting is the Loom Knitting Primer by Isela Phelps. It has over 30 projects for you to make as well as teaching you tons of different stitches you can make. I hope you like it!

By the way-my favorite brand for looms is Knifty Knitter, they make 4 round looms and 4 rectangle looms that are great basic looms.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  4:40:16 PM  Show Profile
We have all the sizes for the round ones and use them to make quick caps in the winter time. My girls and I all like doing it...very fun and very quick!! Have fun!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lara916
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Lara
Washington State
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  5:16:01 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cityfarmgirl14

Yes, I do! Knitting with a loom is really fun and easy! I have found that loom knitting is better whenever I need to do shaping, such as making a sweater. A great book to get about loom knitting is the Loom Knitting Primer by Isela Phelps. It has over 30 projects for you to make as well as teaching you tons of different stitches you can make. I hope you like it!

By the way-my favorite brand for looms is Knifty Knitter, they make 4 round looms and 4 rectangle looms that are great basic looms.

I have been watching her videos on her blog I didn't know that she had a book as well. How exciting, thanks for the hot tip!

Lara #327

"Boots" Becker Homestead Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitting with a Loom? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page