Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Ground Chicken Breast--- need recipes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Ground Chicken Breast--- need recipes Next Topic  

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  11:41:22 AM  Show Profile
I purchased some ground chicken breast at Wholefoods yesterday (mainly out of curiosity!) and need a tasty and kid-friendly meal with which to make from it.

Anyone?

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  12:11:26 PM  Show Profile
I use it in place of anything that has ground beef. It has hardly no fat though so it can be really dry. Its really good in tacos, chili or mixed with sauce and served with noodles. It is a little dry to make into patties or meatloaf.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  2:51:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Oney,

This is one of my Dh's favorites. Hope you'll like it too.

Stuffed Chicken Roll

1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb ground chicken or turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
2 bacon strips, halved

In a bowl, combine the egg, oats, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over the mixture and mix well. Pat into a 12-inch X 9-inch rectangle on a piece of heavy-duty foil; set aside.
In a saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in water, sage and thyme. Add stuffing, mix well. Spoon over turkey to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling.
Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 9X5X3 loaf pan. Place bacon strips over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325F for 60-70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165F. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  3:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank you. Joyce, that does sound tasty.

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  10:01:28 AM  Show Profile
I went with this one: http://cookbookjunkie.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-recipe-triggers-old-memory.htmlsince time was an issue. Quick and very good. Leftovers are going into a green salad fresh from my daughter's urban garden co-op in Denver.

~Oney~
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Ground Chicken Breast--- need recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page