Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 With so many "snowed in", what's on your agenda
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic With so many "snowed in", what's on your agenda Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  07:27:57 AM  Show Profile
Fortunately, I checked-out a laptop from school, so I can sit here on the couch in front of the fireplace watching the snow outside my patio doors, reading as many "old" posts as I can.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you better by reading as far back as I can. The birdfeeders are all full, bread is rising in my bread bowl, and pretty soon I'll start a big pot of soup.

I hope everyone will chat as much as possible today! DH is asleep, dd is at a friend's, ds is at college, and I've got the day to spend with the farmgirls!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  07:57:32 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe it; I'm going to go look at a horse for sale with a client today!!! It's going to be a high of nine above, with horrid wind chills of -25, and this woman still wants to go!

The farm has an indoor arena, but I've been there before and it's open on one end and drafty. It takes time to evaluate a horse, and I think I'll freeze to death trying. I e-mailed her to tell her it's going to be difficult to tell if he's warmed up or not, and that'll affect how he works. This kind of cold is just plain dangerous! I hope she decides to not go.

I don't even want to build a fire, because it's too danged cold to go out to get wood! Brrrrr!!! Oooh, I feel sorry for me!

"What another would do as well as you, do not do it. What another would have said as well as you, do not say it; written as well, do not write it. Be faithful to that which exists nowhere but in yourself, and there, make yourself indispensable." ---Andre Gide
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  08:59:19 AM  Show Profile
Thursday it was 68 sunny and I was out side cutting broccoli , cilantro, Parsley, spinach and lettuce from our garden. Yesterday it was 71 and sunny and I took the kids to a park and we played for hours. Today it is 31 and snowing it has been snowing for several hours and now is beganning to stick desipte yesterday highs. The grass is completely covered now . This is typical Carolina winter weather. I have learned to enjoy the weather that we have because it will soon be different. I am still doing my early spring cleaning so today I plan tostay indoors and get something done(at least till my 4 year old begs me to go play in the snow!

Cornerstone Garlic Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  09:05:41 AM  Show Profile
i woke up to a magnificent white blanket covering the land and dusting the bare branches of the trees .. it is a wonderland. our arts council meeting was postponed due to the snow .. so i will probably bundle up and take a little walk in the woods with honey hunk .. will take my camera and take some pictures to share when i return. mostly, i'm gonna' make a bit potta' stew for dinner and sew bunnies! (we might venture out this evening to a movie too). have a grande weekend gurlfrenz! truly enjoy the beauty of nature's seasons.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  12:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Yep-I'm with you Mary Ann~~I think the windchill is -20...Probably the coldest it's been this winter...The wind is bitter...I was out earlier and the wind is so cold it stings your face. Cant stay out very long...
Soooo~ I am going to work on a couple aprons, and maybe a pillow..Looks like a perfect day to stay in and sew~~
Stay warm..
Jan
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  12:47:18 PM  Show Profile
We woke to 6 inches of snow, the first real snowfall of our winter. Just thursday it was 74 and by dinner time it was 30 that same day! Even now it's only 15, I guess winter isn't done with us yet! I plan on cooking a turkey that we got for Christmas and making some more sourdough bread while I cut squares for a baby quilt and start my dollie! How I wish I had a fireplace!! Stay safe girls!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  6:31:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm not snowed in, but it's snowy - low was 9 and high was 27 today here - Today I'm alternating revamping my filing system (fun, no?), checking on lambing ewes and trying to clean up a bit. It's a busy but lovely day here, and I'm lucky I can pretty much stay off the roads - I hope you with snowy/icy conditions can stay home as much as possible, too!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  7:31:33 PM  Show Profile
My weather and LIbbies is about the same..I am only about an hour north of her. It snowed alot this evening and we now have about 2 or maybe 3 inches on the ground..sure is prettier than it was this morning..and it is always a little warmer when it snows..I love it. I am going to knit tonight and check on Mona every hour or so all night again...it is nice to be inside.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  09:36:33 AM  Show Profile
Well I don't have snow here but it's still cold. The high today is 28. I swear, Texas weather is so strange. Thurday it was 80 degrees!!!! By Thursday night it was 35 and the high on Friday only got to 18. It was supposed to be higher but never got there. I haven't been feeling well the last couple days so it's fine with me. I can stay in my sweats and curl up by the fire and try to get well.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  11:18:10 AM  Show Profile
Kristi, I hope you're enjoying that fire and starting to feel at least a little better. Do you have tomorrow off (if you work outside the home)? If you do, maybe that will help, too. Best wishes!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  4:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Patti. Well it started in my stomach after both the girls were sick. That's doing better but now I can't breathe and my head feels like it's 20 lbs.!! I don't work outside the home so that's good but I do watch a 1 1/2 year old 5 days a week. At least I get to stay home though.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic With so many "snowed in", what's on your agenda Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page