Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 How Old would you be if you didn't know
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic How Old would you be if you didn't know Next Topic
Page: of 2

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  09:32:30 AM  Show Profile
I was just wondering How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? I'm 57+ but I think and feel 38

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  09:39:12 AM  Show Profile
Very interesting question, Diane! I've often thought about that myself and the hubs and I have discussed it. I'll be turning 40 in a couple of weeks, but I swear I don't feel like that could possibly be right. Even when I get slammed up side the head that my baby girl is 17! It really throws me for a loop when I consider that when my mother was my age she was about to be a grandmother and that when my grandmother was my age, she was a grandmother twice over!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  09:42:08 AM  Show Profile
OMG! Now you're gonna think I'm fudging my age, but I won't be turning 40, I'll be 39!! I guess I've just been too pre-occupied with the big 4-0! Maybe I should be feeling much older if I can't even keep my own age straight!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  09:44:56 AM  Show Profile
Hmmmmmmm..... depends on the time of day! In the morning when I first wake up, I feel about 75, but I get younger as the day rolls on, and at my best I feel about 40. I'm really 57.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  10:11:22 AM  Show Profile
Most of the time time I feel (and think of myself as) about 35. That would be weird though, since oldest son is 31 now! I am really 50. Like Sherri said though, most mornings I don't wake up feeling younger...older for sure. I need an hour to get to feeling like myself.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  10:51:45 AM  Show Profile
I am 52. At the moment emotionally I feel 82, but physically 32 :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  11:31:31 AM  Show Profile
I turned 60 last year---and gals I got to say it wasn't pretty....rough year for me. But I usually feel like 40 particularly when I get into physical work. I absolutely love working hard outside.... using that weed wacker and sawing ,digging the dirt....I get a real farm gal high.

Now if it would just stop raining....the mold and mosquitoes....whoa

Beverly----always fighting the age factor
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  12:26:10 PM  Show Profile
I know what you're talking about with a "farm girl high". Sometimes when I'm working outside, I get almost a feeling of elation within me that's hard to duplicate anywhere else.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  1:20:26 PM  Show Profile
I know how old I am and that bugs me--BUT--I think I am in my 20s or so and then I look in the mirroe and actually wonder who that person looking back at me is. A perfect stranger to me. My knees let me know my age though. HA!! MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  2:07:38 PM  Show Profile
shoot,Im not very old but here lately, If I was someone else and had to guess my poor brains would tell me I was in my 90s! lol

Though on a good day I don't feel any different than I did at 18 ;)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  2:18:21 PM  Show Profile
I am about to turn 60 on the 4th. And all week, age related topics have been coming to me from different directions, as this one has! I can remember with great clarity how it felt to be 25, and cute and energetic. Am I wiser? Hm......perhaps. But so glad to be 60 and still fairly active, abd in no great pain. I can still lift a 25 pound grandchildren and carry her!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  3:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I'm 29 but I think I'm a very mature 19! :D I feel better and healthier than I did then!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  5:14:09 PM  Show Profile
I would say about 21 (I am ALMOST 31). I relate so well with just-graduated-college age kids. There are a few girls who graduated from the high school I teach at a few years ago and we are really great friends now. It was really neat when we realized that we could actually be friends and it wasnt weird. It took them getting through college before we really had stuff in common but now that they are married too its a lot of fun. Plus sometimes I still get carded when I by alcohol and even got carded buying a lotto ticket recently! I love when that happens.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  5:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I say about 24-25...I am 35...well...almost... ; ) I was told the other day I didn't look a day over 21..that was nice.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  11:07:42 AM  Show Profile
I have to agree with Sherri...It depends on the time of day. I'm 43 and have always looked at each milestone with anticipation. I can't stop getting older, so I might as well embrace it and look at it as an adventure!

Just a funny "aside" story. On my 29th birthday, one of my colleagues brought me a cake. Anothe colleague walked in and said, "Oh, Happy Birthday. How old are you?" I said, "29" She said, "No, REALLY, how old are you?" I said, "TWENTY-NINE!"

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  1:57:24 PM  Show Profile
What a question !! I agree depends on the time of day and what I've been doing :0
Garden days around 60 !! my hands tend to hurt after weeding ... but the rest of the time somewhere in my 30's . But I'm really 48 and loving it
Tammyb
Sisterchick #541
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  5:07:04 PM  Show Profile
I have talked about this with my mom and she is 82 and most days feels it. But she says she still thinks about herself the way she did at 18. I do the same though I am 47. Somedays I feel older but most I don't. I have more energy when the little ones are around though sometimes I can't keep up with them. I am happy to be a young grandmom though because I can do more with them now.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  07:32:46 AM  Show Profile
I am 37 but most days feel like I am 25.....I find it hard to dress my age or act my age, but then again, don't really think too much about it:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  08:00:05 AM  Show Profile
I asked my husband your question. Know what he said?

"I'm 23 but I have no idea why I have this gut and gray hair."

ROFLOL!
He's only 43...and I'm 41. I feel 23 too but a lot more sure of myself.

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  09:15:40 AM  Show Profile
Having just turned 49, I have to say I feel like 30!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  07:34:18 AM  Show Profile
I was just talking about this with my very best girlfriend of 49 years. I am 53 and am very active and love working outside. Inside I feel about 36 and don't think of my real age. The other day when I went to swing up into the bed of the truck to unload some dirt, my body just stood there. My mind asked "what in the world do you think your going to do?" I replied "jump into the truck bed!" NO YOU ARE NOT! You will step on the bumper and STEP into the bed from now on. LOL I never knew at some point in life my BUM would get to take over and boss me around. Whoooohaaahaaa

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.

Edited by - Cabinprincess on Jul 04 2009 3:28:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  2:06:01 PM  Show Profile
That is so funny, Melody. I have to do that alot now, too. I think I can do things like I did years ago, but now I do not want to get hurt! It hurts much worse now when I fall and I don't like falling. I fell last week in the laundry room standing on a bucket (because my step stool is out in the garden to sit on while I pick beans!) to check my electric fence box. I fell hard and everything came down with me, too. I still have a big knot on my right leg. We need to be more careful!

I am 51 now but most of the time I feel maybe 30. I know I act like I'm 25. Somtimes people I have never met can't believe I have grandkids. But I do. Right now my hands feel 85. i pulled weeds yesterday and trimmed some goat feet.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  4:06:31 PM  Show Profile
My head says I'm 18, but my body knows better, especially my left knee.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

luvnlife
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Michele
Quincy WA
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  9:09:41 PM  Show Profile
As I read these, I wonder why is it that we all seem to think we're younger than we really are until some outside influence reminds us of our true age? Wouldn't be fun if we could be as children and act the way we felt in that particular moment, instead of acting our age. We could learn a lot from watching the wiseness of children.

Family life is the source of the greatest human happiness. This happiness is the simplest and least costly kind, and it cannot be purchased with money~Havighurst
Farmgirl Sister #306 :)
www.trooperchelly.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  12:03:46 PM  Show Profile
I think that when I was 29 I felt the strongest and most secure in the way I felt about myself and my life. I am going to be 52 next month but, I like to try to emulate what I was like at 29....and besides I looked pretty good at that age as well!! But, I think the strength and the self confidence "peaked" at that age. Now I am old and CYNICAL! HA!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  12:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Michelle....sometimes when I see the "pure joy" on the face of a 3 or 4 year old and it makes me smile from ear to ear. I would love to be able to jump up and down with the carefree abandon of a 4-year old. And when they are mad they SHOW it! No worries about what the person next to you would think if you threw a little tizzy fit in the middle of a mall huh? What fun!!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic How Old would you be if you didn't know Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page