Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What do you think about the TV shows now airing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you think about the TV shows now airing? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  03:21:04 AM  Show Profile
And with this digital converter thing, we still only get 3 channels.

VERY pathetic!

Can't justify satelite and we are too far out for cable.

We indulge in cable when on vacation. It's Animal Planet, Discovery, and some of the old t.v. programs or cartoons (back when both were really GOOD!).

Too bad some independent satellite company can't come along
and allow customers to choose ALL their channels and base prices off that---We aren't football addicts and don't need 25 sports channels or 100 movie channels CRAZY!

I think this digital conversion was all a big scam. COme to find out OH now the converter box MAY not be enohgh....you need this special kind of antenna

Oh waht a load of you -know-what!
Go to Top of Page

Lynner
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Sheri
Missouri
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  05:17:59 AM  Show Profile
Personally, I only watch the weather and Biggest Loser when it is running. I love seeing the contestants be successful for a better life. Other than that, there just is#324;t anything worth wasting time on. During the summer months, with the extra daylight, it is better to be outside if at all possible. And this Fall/Winter my husband and I are figuring out lighting for our hoop houses so that we can be in them in the evening. If for no other reason, just enjoying them. We have friends who have a plant room with little white Christmas lights they turn on at night in the winter. We plan to hang them in our hoop houses this Fall. You would be amazed at how relaxing that can be. A better way to veg out!

Sheri
Missouri

Many Hands Make Light Work!

Edited by - Lynner on Jul 01 2009 12:52:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  1:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Hmm, I really don't watch tv anymore. But even so, i still hate reality tv. I don't watch tv more than MAYBE two hours a week yet all i ever hear about is some stupid new reality show. Anymore if i watch tv i like to keep it to nature shows and such.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  3:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
We don't watch any of the main stuff on tv. We'll watch Travel Channel, Food Network, History, HGTV, and a channel called Create ..I really like that one. I'd watch RFD if I had it here!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  3:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Marly- I watch Texas Country Reporter!!! HA!!! I forgot to add I am a big fan of Iron Chef but honestly, besides LOST, I could do without TV, just not Sawyer...***SIGH***...

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  4:54:56 PM  Show Profile
It may be time for our tv to find a new place .... in the garage.
\Tammyb #541
Go to Top of Page

NatureNymph
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Tracy
Barrie Ontario
Canada
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  07:28:24 AM  Show Profile
We got rid of our tv last September. We have a a tv/VCR/DVD player in a spare room but that's really only for the kids on rainy days. If dh and I want to watch a movie we watch it on the computer. And any programs we want to watch we can find on the internet, HGTV has lots of shows on their site and many other networks have webisodes as well. It's great because there's no commercials and it's kind of like on demand.

My favs are LOST, 24, Survivor and Amazing Race... television is escapism but so are romance novels and the like. Moderation is my mantra.

When Christmas came around my nine yr old told me she didn't know what to ask for because she wasn't seeing the commercials all the time.

I think finally getting rid of it was the best thing ever. My kids listen to audio books regularly. They are always running outside, colouring, reading, writing their own stories... all these things have just blossomed since we got rid of the tv.

"Everybody likes to go their own way--to choose their own time and manner of devotion." Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

http://blessewefarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  09:47:41 AM  Show Profile
We have cable and I watch mainly Hallmark Channel. In the summer I will admit I was baseball, yea MN Twins!! On HGTV Decorating Cents as they do a room for $500 or less, gives some ideas even though my budget is 0. Tiva Christy and Dr. Quinn on the gospel channel for those rainy days or just want a break. HATE reality TV!!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you think about the TV shows now airing? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page