Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Carpet Shampooing Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  5:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have to clean the carpets before we move out. I am really trying to get creative with saving money while not compromising quality. I filled the carpet cleaner liquid compartment of my steam cleaner with 1/3 Lavendar Dr. Bronner's soap, the rest with hot water. WOWZY!!! Such clean carpets and smells good too. I think it even took out that dog smell. It worked great on the greasy/dirty bits. I even did a pass with just hot water to make sure it all came up. It looks like it normally does with the real stuff and I already had it, so it was free!! And I was just about to buy another container of the store stuff, which even the cheapo stuff is $8 a bottle.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  5:46:38 PM  Show Profile
That's great. I don't think I have ever seen Dr. Bronner's soap . Where do you get it? Since we are talking about cleaning, I had some bad stains on some almost white carpet and regular stain remover didn't do much. I read on the inet to use shaving cream and I bought the cheap stuff at the dollar store it worked better than anything I have ever used for spot cleaning.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  6:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have seen it in Target, Wally World, Natural food stores or you can order online. Just google it. Good tip on the shaving cream.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  5:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like something I need to try.
Thanks for the post.

Tammyb #541
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  5:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Just be careful to really water it down...it does get sudsy and I always do the extra water rinse.

Heather

Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Carpet Shampooing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page