Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Home Base Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:45:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to get mushy and say that all of you are my sisters...never in my life have a found a place so akin to my own spirit as here. We all have intertwining lives and paths that take us this way and that...but this is home base, where we all come to share our joys and sorrows and to have a sister to turn to. I love this place for the very reason that we can all be of different ways and backgrounds but, here...HERE! we are sisters.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  9:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Annika- I feel the same way. I think that was why I was less stressed to move to Montana than I was to move to Idaho in the first place! I got to take all my friends and sisters with me! I can't hardly stand to think of a day with out you all! I am so grateful to MaryJane for giving us this place to just be ourselves!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  9:44:50 PM  Show Profile
I agree whole heartedly. It's so refreshing and comforting to see a group of women so diverse yet so supportive and encouraging of each other in times of joy and in times of stress or hardship. It's like a haven from the brutal world of indifference. We may have never met face to face but I think about everyone all the time. I look forward to reading the posts every morning and every evening just to see what's up with everyone.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  9:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Aaaawwwwweeeeeee how nice. How true. (And I'm stil such a newbie!!)

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I agree Annika, my morning routine now includes "visiting" with all of you while I drink my first cup of tea. Sometimes, my second cup and breakfast, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:16:17 AM  Show Profile
Annika,
Yu are so right! Reading all these posts I have learned so much. Also, I have always lived on a farm but was looked down on by peers in school because of it. Because of all you farmgirls I have become proud of the fact that I am a farmer! (even though I have to work off the farm to earn a living)

Laila
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Same here, you ARE my sisters. I know friends and family probably get tired of me telling a story or news from my Farmgirl sisters. I talk about you girls A LOT. Like "My friend lost all her baby chicks" or "Its still raining in GA or TX or snowing in MT". When I relate a story to Ole Ron, he always tells me to "tell them about the time we............" I even have him thinking you are REAL people.

There is so much crap on the internet these days but I feel very comfortable talking to you and would not hesitate for a minute to invite you to my home or visit you in yours.
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:15:04 AM  Show Profile
I SO agree! In just a few short days that I have been a member...coming here every morning has become a part of my routine. I look forward to seeing what everyone is up to.

Kindred spirits just draw me closer.
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  10:25:49 AM  Show Profile
Annika:
I feel the exact same way! Thanks for posting that message. When I was without a computer and couldn't chat with the MJF, I thought about them every day. When I did get my computer, the MJF was the first thing I went to.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  2:39:25 PM  Show Profile
Yep I agree 100% too! Thats why I had to get back to all my sisters I had been missing for so long! You all brighten each of my days in some sort of way! Thanks!

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  2:50:42 PM  Show Profile
I have only been here a week or so, but it seems like years, I have to be careful I don't shirk my duties, and get behind, cause i could very easily spend to much time here. I am proud to have met you all and I am proud to call you all my friends, I am blessed!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  3:14:13 PM  Show Profile
Amen!

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  3:34:54 PM  Show Profile
thanks Annika for saying that so much better than I could. I do love this place. hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  5:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Oh, don't worry a bit about being mushy about that!It is a record if I don't go a week or so without stopping and sharing my gratitude about this place and gushing. LOL. I love all you farmgirls!! :D

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Home Base Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page