Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  7:17:25 PM  Show Profile
I dont have many people to chat with. And the ones I have i dont feel like I can bother with my problems anymore. I got back from the hospital yesterday afternoon for the second time. I went in for surgery finally for my Gallbladder. Well I went it on May 13th and got out 2 weeks later. Then I was home for 1 1/2 days and went back in with pneumonia and got back home yesterday afternoon. I cant go back to work until July 7th and then only partime. My husband has been so great. Taking care of the house and the dogs and coming to see me at the hospital. He said he didnt realize what I really did around the house and also worked outside the house. We are having problems with a shortage of money. But we will be getting food stamps next week. Which I feel a little bad about. But I know these days alot of people have to do what they have to do to survive. It will be a long recovery. I am not one to sit around...But I have to now. Sorry to burden you ladies with this, but it made me feel a little better to write this down.
Thanks Again
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  7:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Deborah! I am so glad you are feeling better! Take care of yourself. I hope things start looking up for you soon! And it's always nice to have the guys realize how much work goes into running a household!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  7:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Deborah...don't ever think that you are a burden to your FARMGIRL sisters...we are here for each other.
I suggest taking some time reading lots of topics and you will see that!

((((((Deborah))))) huuuuggggsss.....get well soon

Linda in Scranton, PA

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!"

author unknown
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  7:45:15 PM  Show Profile
You take good care of your self Deborah. Everyone needs a little help one time or another. You are worth it. While you are healing, try making a list of the things that make you smile. It's a fun little way to help you feel better, and doesn't cost a thing.
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  8:43:14 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, Thank you so much for your support. It really means alot to me.
Love and hugs across the miles from me to you
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  8:53:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debra---big hugs and I know you will get through this--isn't it nice that your husband realized how much work you actually do?

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
Plan to save America the old fashioned way!
http://wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com/2009/05/big-project.html
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  9:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Deborah----We are here for you--talk all you want and we will absorb it for you. AND take all the help offered to you---be it food stamps or anything else. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  11:15:32 PM  Show Profile
You can always come here to "chat" Deborah...we are here for you!!!
Like MB said..you take all the help offered..you certainly deserve it. It is nice to have your husband find out that you do so much sometimes, isn't it. THAT is good for them.haha
You take care of yourself and don't overdo it too soon...that pneumonia can sure come back on you...been there. Gosh..gallbladder too..that is so painful..you have been through SO much!! Hang in there...we love you!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  03:02:58 AM  Show Profile
Here is a big hug for you Deborah. HUUUUGGGGG!
Things will be better real soon.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  05:40:11 AM  Show Profile
Deborah- I'm glad that you are on the mend! My goodness, you have had a time of it. Don't ever feel badly about doing the things you need to do to care for your family. You've had enough to worry about. Hang in there!!
Oh, how far is Plainville from Atlanta?

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  05:56:16 AM  Show Profile
Like all the other girls on here, when you need help, you need help, and whatever form that comes in, take it. That's why these programs exist, and it won't be forever. I'm so sorry that you've had such a long road in the hospital, though--I was there for only 3 days with the birth of my daughter, and I thought I'd go mad! That's the place for you to be, though, while being cared for and getting strong and well.

We are all here to listen and support each other--that's why this forum is an incredible resource and comfort. One I check each and every day!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  06:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Karin, well it might be better to say that we are near Rome Ga. If it is Downtown Atlanta it is about 1 hr. I go to my daughters about 2 a month and it takes me about 1 1/2 hrs. We are in the middle of Rome and Calhoun Ga on hwy 53. Very small town. Thank you ladies again. Well 2 weeks is a long time for a Gallbladder to be removed but they did 2 surgerys and 2 other procedures. The doctor couldnt get the stone that was trapped in the bile duct and tried the other ways to get it. Then finnaly they just cut me open. The doc said I had a funky anatomy and the stone had looked like cement and he had to scrap the duct....so it was really mad...so it was like I was 4 different people getting 4 different things done. Yes My husband has beeen wonderful waiting on me. And today he is going to use Nair and get the hair off my legs. It looks like I have lived in the bush for a yr...I am sorer today....I tried to walk around one of the pastures yesterday with my husband...It was to much and I am paying for it today. Thank God for pain pills. Everyone here is so supportive and kind. I love you all
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  07:47:34 AM  Show Profile
Deborah I am praying for a speedy and healthy recovery for you! What a sweetheart your husband is! I wouldn't worry about using food stamps, that is exactly what they are there for. I do hope that you will be feeling better soon.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  4:36:02 PM  Show Profile
Deborah I am glad that you are on the mend. Letting others know is never a burden but a gift to allow others to help you heal. Food Stamps are there for just such an occasion and you should never feel strange or worry about using them. My daughter had her gallbladder out a year ago so I have an idea of what you are going through. Sorry to hear of the complications. Be careful - don't over do no matter how tempted you are.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  6:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I hope you get feeling better soon, Deborah. What a sweet, sweet husband you have. I had to chuckle a little at the "nair" comment. The things a man in love with his lady will do. Ahhhh. ;) And really I agree with the other gals-- we are always here anytime you need to chat or vent or whatever and don't don't don't let the foodstamp thing bother you. Programs like those are there to help us out when we need them.

Hugs~Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  05:19:24 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear you've been going through such a rough time. Don't ever feel bad about venting....
I really hope things start looking up for you soon.
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  08:31:10 AM  Show Profile
Ditto on what all the other girls have said here. I had my gallbladder out last year, and I know it's not fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  10:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, sounds like you are in very capable hands! So relax and heal and let him take care of you. It's only for a short while and you'll probably miss it when you're back up and getting around, so let him spoil you now while you've got the best of excuses for it!

And you just type away whenever you feel the need to unload! Our collective shoulders will gladly carry it for you! Prayers and hugs to you!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  2:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Ladies it is so great to have a wonderful group to be able to say what you need to. Thank you for letting me tell you my troubles and have great feed back....and concern from all of you.
Love and hugs
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

berrygirl
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Angela
Hendersonville NC
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  4:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Send berrygirl a Yahoo! Message
Deborah, heres the nurse in me coming out :)
1. keep fluids up, drink
2. You can splint yourself with a pillow because your diaphram will be sore for weeks to months (mine was) but take a deep breath and cough ATLEAST 1 time an hour while you are awake (prevents pneumonia) The pain pills actually relax your respiratory muscles too so this is really important.
3. Rest but increase your activity a little everyday. (sounds like you are doing this)
4. Enjoy finding the caring side of your husband, its great aint it?

Email me if you need any nursing questions. I will pray for you too.
Angie

The good old days are the ones you live today...
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  5:29:53 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I love, love, love your #4! Women are such nurturers, it's so wonderful when the hubs can experience the rewards of nurturing in return! And how refreshing for an actual nurse to give such advice!

Welcome to you, girlie!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  5:39:08 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I emailed you but not sure you got it. Thank you so much for your advice. If I need any questions answered I will surely ask you. I have done exactly what you said to do. I feel so much better today. But I will be glad when the 15th comes so I can get the last tube out. It seems like it is what has been making me hunch over like I am 100. And that is where most of my pain is now. I have been useing less pain meds which makes me feel good too. I dont like to depend on them so much. Sleep is still a problem. But I am sure the more my body heals then the sleep will come. Thanks again Ladies. All of you are so kind and thoughtful.
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  6:28:14 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like your doing much better.. I still have most of my parts just missing the one's in my neck. I'll keep you in my prayers...

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  05:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Deborah! I am so glad that you confided in us, farmgirls. I just want to give you a big ole hug, but not too tight. Thank God that you are healing and you had a capable surgeon and you have such a sweet, appreciative hubby to help you.

I did laugh at the thought of him breaking out the Nair! How sweet of him! It is so good for you to be able to depend on him and I am sure he is enjoying being able to do things for you.

Two years ago my mom had complications with having her gallbladder removed and had to stay in ICU for almost a month. I literally thought that she was going to die. I am telling you, I prayed every moment that I was conscious. It was scary! She had the tub draining the fluid and all that and it has healed up completely. She is like a new woman!

I know it is difficult to have to get food stamps, but you have got to do what you have got to do and you won't be on them forever. I was on them at one point in my life and I appreciated so much that it was available to me to get through that rough patch. It is nice to have safety nets in place.

Just like this FarmGirl Connection. Think of us as your safety net. And I like the way Cherry put it (she is so good with wording things just right) "And you just type away whenever you feel the need to unload! Our collective shoulders will gladly carry it for you!"

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  08:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
So sorry to hear about what you have gone through but so glad to hear that the 'farmgirls' have been there to support you. I wish you well and hope you get better every day and feel the hugs and blessings coming your way!

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  11:30:44 AM  Show Profile
Nikki< I am so glad your Mom is back to herself..That must have been horrible. I am so glad to have my faraway friends to be able to chat with. It really means alot. My husband is glad too. I will be so glad to go to the doctor on Monday and get the last tube out. I knkow I will be blr to get around better. Again Ladies....THANKYOU!!!!
Deborah

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Home from hospital Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page