Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Guess what we found this morning!!! pics!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Guess what we found this morning!!! pics! Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  2:24:55 PM  Show Profile
Here at SpringSong farm, I thought it was going to be an average day...But no! The morgan mare, "Snowflake" foaled three weeks early and we have the most darling half Frisian foal! Even though he is early he is in good shape and keeping up with the mare just as nice as you please, what a miracle birth is! He is jet black with a tiny white star and already curious and friendly, though his mama is pretty nervous having foaled out in the field and having to keep watch all night. He is so CUUUUUUTE! All legs and nose! I'll post pictures tonight if I can...been a busy day here already and it's not yet 2:30! Baby horses are the best!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Edited by - Annika on Jun 25 2009 8:51:00 PM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  3:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh Annika, I'd love to see that cute baby horse. Have you named him yet? Can't wait to see the pictures.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  3:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
How exciting for you Annika!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile
He actually belongs to my landlord's daughter. So no name yet. I'm sorry that I missed the birth, but none of us were expecting it just yet.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:37:31 PM  Show Profile
How exciting. I LOVE when there are new babies here..and none are expected..sigh...I am glad I got baby chicks at least! I LOVE to watch foals learn to walk...they are so funny with those long skinny legs....amazing how fast they learn. Calves and goats too, but foals are the ones that it looks hardest for! Have fun watching him!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:49:34 PM  Show Profile
I bet he's beautiful--i love Morgans and Frisians.Is he going to be a riding horse or for harness? Can't wait to see pics.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  6:51:13 PM  Show Profile
That cross would make a very classy dressage horse, I can't wait for pics.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:00:58 PM  Show Profile
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1655875467&ref=profile

I've forgotten how to post pics here, so I up loaded them to my FB page, come look!
( I hope that this works)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  8:21:23 PM  Show Profile
How cute. I just love new baby horses. They look so fragile. I see a lot of them around here that belong to other people. We have a lot of paints here for some reason. I don't own horses , so I really don't know a lot about them.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  09:32:34 AM  Show Profile
Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well. I couldn't view the photo, but I'm sure he's darling!

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  09:56:43 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, I'm gabbing away and forgot that the pictures would be down the page a bit. Anyway posted a new one in silhouette partly, but still you can see what a leggy little fellow he is!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1655875467&ref=profile#/photo.php?pid=272030&id=1655875467&ref=mf

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Edited by - Annika on Jun 26 2009 10:02:29 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Guess what we found this morning!!! pics! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page