Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:19:32 AM  Show Profile

didn't know where to go with this topic. I just came in from picking my last picking of greenbeans and am sooooo hot. I stripped to my nothingness and put on a dress. (used to be called moomoos)
Going to be above 100 again today and at least for the next 7 days. I got the last of my greenbeans canned yesterday. I have 60 pint all lined up in the pantry, pretty as a picture.
Id a row that was not picked yesterday. Granddaughter is going to learn how to can greenbeans tomorrow. Daughter is comming Fri to pick then I'll turn the patch over to some friends that want some. But for me, I'm done for the year. On to whatever is next. Picked several zucchini this a.m. Will start making Z bread to put in the freezer. Harvested a couple dozen onions and Ole Ron got them hung up. One patch is ready to harvest, big patch is not. Garlic ready. Looks like I'll spend the next week watering morning and evening.
I did a canner of yellow wax beans and made a pint of pickled greenbeans. Those were just to enter in the county fair. I try to do something unusual every year.

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Your post's title cracked me up. I know exactly how you feel...at 11:22 am, it's already 86 degrees here in Michigan! I wore a skirt to work yesterday, and despite office rules, I DID NOT wear pantyhose and I DID NOT wear a slip! Just me and my tighty-whities!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well THAT got my attention!! HA!!! I do that ALL the time...and it is lovely!! : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:30:11 AM  Show Profile
You girls crack me up! Congratulations on all that canning. I haven't started yet. Here in PA at 11:30 AM it is 75 degrees. It is supposed to get close to 90 by Friday.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:32:50 AM  Show Profile
Belle ...you said you were making z bread to pur in the freezer. Is it a really good recipe? I have some z here and need to make something out of it.
Sharlet
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:34:34 AM  Show Profile
Belle, between you and Kris, your subject lines ALWAYS grab my attention and make me giggle!

I'm so jealous of your canning! Looks like I'll have to hit the Farmer's Market to supplement my little garden so I'll have enough to can. And we're having to water here in Bama, too. The best $16 the hubs has spent lately bought a soaker hose that I can lay along the rows and then move to the next row when needed. Beats lugging around a 5 gal bucket filled with water any old day!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:40:23 AM  Show Profile
LOL! You are still making me giggle with your post title! I do that too and love it....just me and a soft cotten dress! Was the tmi?

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:51:54 AM  Show Profile
LOL!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  09:17:32 AM  Show Profile
Belle...i was so interested in your z bread that i forgot to tell you to watch out for gust of wind when you go outside.
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  09:49:33 AM  Show Profile
I go out back quite often dressed that way. Actually, I have a couple of pareaus(?) that are native to Hawaii that I wear quite a bit. We have a privacy fence so if I'm far enough in the back yard, nobody can see me anyway. I wore one of those and a pair of spandex type shorts while working in my front flower bed. I would say that I would garden that way, but our roto tiller didn't work and with the rains we had, we couldn't get on in on time. I have a friend down south who is giving me produce if we come help with it. Just got some great potatoes.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have some nice strapless terry cloth dresses for when it just gets TOO hot.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  10:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I do that all the time! LOL In fact I do a mental "check" before I go anywhere just incase LOL! It certainly does helo keep things a bit more cool :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  11:46:03 AM  Show Profile
I do that on occassion myself but your title made me think of my Momma who was the queen of "moomoos". We girls could never figure out why she wore those "ugly" things but you knew it was a hot day when she would stand really close to the fan she'd keep on the floor! Never figured it out until I was grown myself! LOL

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  12:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness what a title!! Ok....not to give out to much info. but I could not get away with that. My hubby would be a mess, and I would be annoyed if I was trying to work!!! Yeah, clothes for me even when it's hot :-)
Go to Top of Page

Tidy Aprons
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Oney Farmgirl #638
Colorado
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  1:59:35 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by peapicker

Belle...i was so interested in your z bread that i forgot to tell you to watch out for gust of wind when you go outside.

Oh my gosh! Getting a visual here and I don't even know Belle! :lol:

I'm in the process of making myself some simple cotton skirts just for this very reason. (No, not to be nekkid under but just to be cooler!)

~Oney~
"There's something a little holy in taking care of the places we inhabit, in summoning sheen. And there's a power in watching over our spaces, the rooms we move within, the sets where our life stories unfold." ~Lori Hall Steele
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  3:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Sharlet, yes I have a really good Z bread recipe. It is from Taste of Home. It is kinda long but here goes. And makes 2 loafs sure and use big bowls.

Lemon Zucchini Bread
4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 pkg instant lemon pudding
1 1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp salt
Combine in a very large bowl
In another large bowl, whisk together:
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup Vegetable oil
3 Tbls lemon juice
1 tsp lemon extract
Stir egg/milk mixture into flour mixture until just moist,
then fold in:
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/4 cup poppy seed
2 tsp grated lemon peel
Pour into 2 greased 9X5 loaf pans
Bake at 350 for 50-55 min. Test with toothpick.
Cool for 10 min on wire rack before removing from pan.

Don't forget that poppy seeds will cause a positive drug test if you are tested.

AND just to let you know, the wind went away with the rain and cool weather. Not a breath of air anywhere. No gusts of wind here so I am safe. We are out in the country and no visible neighbors. BUT one of my gardens is in the front yard. I have to behave when I am in that garden.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  4:17:10 PM  Show Profile
My goodness, Belle, you are a busy woman. And it is the only thing that helps when the weather gets unbearable, I wear as little as possible when it is stinko. Not that we have had to deal with that. 23 days of rain out of the last 24, I feel like I'm in danger of molding over. It is always so wonderful to have those jars of food lined up and glowing in the pantry. I remember those days, though it has been a while since I've done any major canning.

And the zucchine bread sounds great, thanks for posting...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  5:33:57 PM  Show Profile
I too am taking off anything unnecessary. Hubby is out of town for 4 days, so if I just wear a long t-shirt or a beach dress, and pair of panties, I am so much more comfy, and there is no one to see!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  6:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Ole Ron just lays in his recliner and hollers woowoo! (As I walk through the house taking off cloths). Or something that some people call obsene. I call it a compliment. He gets his few chores done very early then he is down for the day. Too bad his health is not good enough to do anything but holler WooWoo!!
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  6:12:29 PM  Show Profile
You girls are so funny. Here I am sitting in the dark and its about 90 degrees even this close to the bay. I love being able to relate to the 'gals' on this forum. It's like a cool breeze!!

Melody

Belle....you are a hoot!!
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  6:13:52 PM  Show Profile
OOPs....Belle I REMEMBER MOO MOO'S!!!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  6:20:01 PM  Show Profile
Melody, thanks for the hoot! It's as good as a WooWoo!
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  6:20:54 PM  Show Profile
I actually have some muu-muus. I wear those on occasion, too. I usually take one when we go visiting because most of my night clothes are a little thin, so I put the muu-muu on over it so as not to embarrass anyone. I actually could care less as being nude is just fine with me. Today it got up to 100 and it's about to get worse they say.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  02:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Was 91 here yesterday and 96 the day before. Is the only time I'm glad I don't have outside chores to do so I can be lazy and stay inside in the AC with my caftan on and feel really really sorry for you hard working farm gals. I did go out one morning and pulled weeds outta my little tiny 5x5 sq. foot garden. Hubby has been kind enough to water for me of an evening. The humidity takes me under havin' fibromyalgia so I stay in. But oh I feel bad for you gals who suffer this heat all summer long. This is unusual for us in the North, especially this soon in the summer.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  03:22:48 AM  Show Profile
I have to wear clothes, kind of.

It's mostly tank tops and a pair of repped shorts that are more rips than fabric. So ultra comfey and very breezy. If anyone pulls up, well, they just have to deal 'cause I'm in the garden and it's HOT!

My hubby gardens in a pair of Speedos. It's really funny when he hears a car approachinhg and has to scramble for his shorts. Even funnier when he hides cause he can't find them or can't remember in time where they were put down.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  03:25:09 AM  Show Profile
I'll get busy canning after the 4th. We are busy with out of town plans right now and am content enough to enjoy fresh veggies every night.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm naked under my dress Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page