Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Beverly Gill -- How is India???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Beverly Gill -- How is India??? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  05:39:17 AM  Show Profile
Two weeks from now I am off to India. I am excited. However I came home on a mission to help my kids.....that mission really went nowhere......patterns in life are so hard to break....to change. I feel bad about not being able to help---and sometimes the best thing to do is step aside....no more lectures. I will just pray and trust in God that He will help my grown kids.......keep them in your prayers, gal friends......and thank you for your frienships.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  1:07:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kelley,

Guess what? I got my beauty today...thanks so much.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  6:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Well I am pretty much all packed....I am just waiting for the calling cards Dutchy was kind enough to make for me....I leave in 5 days and yes I am excited. Dreading the heat though.

I will do my best to keep you all.....those that are interested in what I am doing over there....if you don't hear from me in awhile you know that I am having computer problems.....but all will be well the end of October.

To the gal friends expecting care packages from me---I will follow through with my end and mail you some great material or whatever we were bartering. wheather you hear from me or not.. And I know you all will do the same for me.....last year every gal I bartered with came through.....and with great goodie boxes....which were very much appreciated by my son.

TTYL

Beverly....just a country gal who loves to play in the dirt

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  11:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Yup Beverly it went in the mail

Have a safe flight my friend, and will pray for you.
Love ya and who knows maybe someday you come here or I go there ....some day lol

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  1:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dutchy----won't have it til after I leave.....oh well maybe my husband can bring it over if it gets here in time.

Take care everyone----and I pray the economy gets better over here for all of you.....and for my kids too.

Talk to you all soon....I have my list of material desires from all you.......it comes to about 60 yards of material.....what fun....I love it.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  4:53:57 PM  Show Profile
Beverly, Have a safe trip home. How wonderful that you can travel around the world. Such an exciting life you live. Enjoy all of the days the good Lord has given you. Who knows someday I may take you up on your offer and go to New Delhi for a visit. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  7:40:11 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, the door is wide open----you and yours are welcome to a totally different experience in life. Most people I have met love India but a few do not....but at least they have experienced it. And I can understand their point of view also.

Anyway, I'll be writing you farm gals very soon......here's hoping the monsoon downpour which is late this year will ease up so I don't have to build an ark.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  04:31:03 AM  Show Profile
Bye my sweet farm gals....love you.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  08:50:38 AM  Show Profile
Bye Beverly, talk to ya later!.

Love ya right back and have a safe trip :)

My personal blog:

Edited by - dutchy on Sep 14 2009 08:51:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  2:00:46 PM  Show Profile
Bye Beverly, Hope you have a safe trip and will be looking forward to updates from you when you can! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  03:04:07 AM  Show Profile
very hot in New Delhi---more so then usual----hope you are all well. Sent care packages out---but will send SArah another of brocade---as I didn't care for the quality itself even though it was beautiful.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  10:40:06 AM  Show Profile
It's not hot here, it's about 62. My DH and I are putting away our summer toys and bringing out the snow shovels. I love watching the snow fall and the beauty it creates on the tree's I hate to shovel it and drive in it and the cold of it.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  7:00:04 PM  Show Profile
getting a little more cooler---probably only in the 90's---a lot different then 100. Doing very well going swimming every day in a cold water pool. My husband will be joining me in 2 weeks. I have 2 great servants who cook and dust and whatever else I can think of---I am so blessed....as they are very sweet---unders tand me and I pretty much catch their drift.I have waited many many yearsfor this type of atmosphere---I can actually entertain...its been very very nice. I am very happy. I don't want to keep saying it...I know times are rough ...but anytime I am here you can come on over and visit me.
My first guest is from Eureka, California...Susan. She is having a great time deswpite the heat....is leaving on Wednesday to travel around India.
talk to you all later.

beverly who is still on the lookout for patchwork skirts
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  10:22:12 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you ARE very blessed Beverly! But that heat would do me in for sure..haha. It gets hot here in summer..but not for long at a time usually. This was a cooler than usual summer and we only had maybe a week or so over `100. It is way cool now...60 during the day and in the 20's at night..my favorite weather for sure. But the heat helps the garden grow so I love it all in it's season. A cold water pool sounds nice!!! (not HERE today..but in July..haha)
You take care!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  01:22:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jenny---I just remembered I owe someone material for a shawl....oops. Here I go..

Beverly Gill
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  05:20:05 AM  Show Profile
well it was bound to happen ---I got the Delhi sore throat and cough--nothing major and I usually don't get it...my husband does.

Today I went to a fair put out by the Swiss embassy---I was hoping to get some cute children's clothes...baby clothes. It was geared for the very high fashion gals.....I was very impressed with the fashion. ...wishing Laura Marie was with me. Had a good time----but I miss my husband so much---nothing makes too much sense without him....and I swear I will never leave him again just to get things done....whatever it is isn't more important then his company.

I bought 4 rose bushes here for about $4 each------wish me luck...they are nothing like in the states.

Keep me in your thoughts---I'm just a lonely girl---so lonely and blue........its not a good feeling.....but I will stay busy.

ttyl Just a farm gal at heart.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  05:36:32 AM  Show Profile
Beverly, did the calling cards arrive yet?? HOPE so!

Thinking of you girl :)

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  08:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Gals, I feel better---I went to a church service today and felt really at home...church means alot to me....so I am glad I went. And its great to be in touch with you all....thanks for being here....

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  10:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glad you are feeling better, Beverly! Hopefully you will be feeling ship shape by the time your husband arrives!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  02:50:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi all---sure miss all you but having a great time. Hope everyone has received their packages safely......and those who are sending to me in Marlborough are having fun doing so.

Taqke it easy and miss you all

Beverly Gill
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  07:20:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi! Beverly~

Hope you are feeling all better now. It seems like a good time there. Can't believe those temps. What do you do to stay cool? It's been busy here with homeschooling and the kids' activities.

So nice to hear from you. Will you be staying in India permanently now?

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  07:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Beverly,
Got the package . . . WOW!! THANKS!!!
Also sent you an email!

THANKS!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  7:07:37 PM  Show Profile
hi gal friends.....praying for the stinky economy over there....want my daughter to succeed in getting a job when she goes back this time.She will be returning at Christmas, and then my son will be here. ITS MY MIL 90TH BIRTHDAY this year, so we are celebrating.

I rode on the Metro----a very new and cheap subway. Its hard for me to believe how modern it is....its very very nice and convenient.

I am going to a 5 star hotel today to get an Estee Lauder makeover----and having tea.....should be fun----maybe funny.

The gardenia bush is in bloom, the crsanthumums will be in bloom inDecember....my roses are slowly coming around.....must go play in the dirt, ttyl.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  02:05:45 AM  Show Profile
Ooh, gardenias. I love those!
A makeover and tea,how relaxing that sounds.
Hope you have fun and let us know how you like it!
I still have a few roses hanging on here even though we are using the woodstove.
Temps aren't freezing yet.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  03:49:39 AM  Show Profile
I walked out of the makeover----really not my thing......ttyl

Beverly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Beverly Gill -- How is India??? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page