Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Beverly Gill -- How is India???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Beverly Gill -- How is India??? Next Topic
Page: of 3

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  10:54:11 AM  Show Profile
I just saw your name in another post and remembered that you had moved off to India. How are you doing there??? I haven't seen any posts about your move or your new adventure. Perhaps I missed one or two? Would love to hear about it and maybe see pics? I need a little something to satisfy my travel bug for exotic places, since it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere out of the country too soon. That is, if you feel like sharing?

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Star Meadow, I'm back in the states til October. My adventures over there are interesting.....little by little I am trying to get word out that any ladies interested in coming to New Delhi are more then welcome to stay with me. Travelers who are just spending a few days in Delhi and traveling elsewhere or who want to spend their time in New Delhi. The Indian people are extremely hospitable---and now that I have the proper house staff and my guest rooms are set up and finally my living room furniture was made and delivered to our home 2 days before I left for the states. I am ready and happy about being able to do this,but most people will think there is a catch...a fee....a motive. Not really...just wanting to entertain...something quite franky in the states is so much harder. Anyway,I am involved in charity work over there,,,when I get back I will go back to the deaf women's organization and visit with them.And I also want to get connected with children somehow. I did a walkathon for cancer in New Delhi which was great---will do it every year...it was great.
Well enough for now....thanks for asking---I really am glad you are interested.
Come visit? I know the economy is bad but you'd have a very enlightening experience---even if you just visit New Delhi. You just have to pay your airline ticket.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Beverly!

That would be so much fun! I want to come visit! It might take a few years to save, but I'll meet you in New Delhi!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  1:37:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee, that would be great---I know you've always shown an interest.......you and yours are welcome...just let me know down the road.....and if you need any photos to inspire you to save go to India Mike......good website.

Beverly in rainy, cool Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  3:49:58 PM  Show Profile
I would love to visit! Hey Alee, maybe if we start saving now, we could go together!!

Beverly, Do you sign? I learned a long time ago. I'm quite rusty. I used to be an interpreter though. I've done a court case (odd) and was an interpreter at a vocational center, specifically for a student coming back from the MI School for the Deaf into public school. That was a fun school year. I thought I was doing the "classroom" stuff and ended up doing that AND in the auto shop. Never thought I'd learn how to use a frame straightener and pop out dents on a side panel to boot! It's tough to sign when you are under a car....LOL

Keep us posted. I'd love to hear about your work. StarMeadow
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  4:33:50 PM  Show Profile
actually, I know a little signing---and was going to learn more before I go back---however theirs is in hindi.....but I still think I will learn some----some signs have got to be universal.....these women I have met are extremely sweet people.....I want to try and bring them back some things for their beauty school.
will keep you all informed....have a good evening...oh and start saving for your tickets.

Beverly Gill
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  6:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
T- That would be so much fun! We could buy plane tickets together and make sure that we sat close by! Can you imagine what fun chat we would have flying almost all the way around the world!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  02:50:19 AM  Show Profile
Just for you I have tried photobucket---but thus far I have not understood how to transfer out of my kodak easyshare---if you are interested I can send some photos of my home in India---just send me your e-mails and I will send some along....through kodak easy share.
If that doesn't inspire you to save your pennies.ha

Have a good day farm gal sisters

Beverly in rainy Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  08:28:10 AM  Show Profile
Just click on my name Beverly...it should pull up my email. Love to see your home.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  08:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I sent you an email, Beverly!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  08:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I just checked, it looks like currently just for the flight we would need to save around $1400

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  11:14:40 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a lot particularly in these times.....it is I know. But thats your only expense....your room and meals would be provided for.
Just so you know our cooks make great western food also.....not to worry. There is one thing you need to consider----you should count on staying 2-3 weeks.....jet lag can be a drag.....oh wouldn't it be nice?

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  11:17:47 AM  Show Profile
Starmeadow, it isn't that easy...I wish. I need your real e-mail address to send the photos.....but I just e-mailed Alee the one with the halo some photos......she will put them up for me----tomorrow I will try to figure out photbucket.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  2:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Beverly- Oh I so will find a way to save that money- it just might take a year or two! :D

I got your emails and will get the pictures posted here tonight. Right now where our computer is is WAY too hot to stay up here for long!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  08:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Well, gals,

I am pretty much wrapping up my stay here in the states....heading back the beginning of September. It was a great time here with my first veggie garden....and really becoming very conscientious about reclcling AND saving.
I truthfully missed working...I have worked my whole life...and its just me. But thanks to this forum I got through it...bartering some great swaps....and getting great advice.
It also impressed upon me how bad times are right now for the majority....at least it sounds that way, feels that way. I can well understand this as my daughter is still out of work...and its been quite a while. And my son....father of a beautiful daughter works minimum hours at a minimum salary. So this summer STRUGGLE has shouted to me. But along with STRUGGLE comes the sweet] whisper of
appreciation...appeciation of simplicity. Nothing brought me more happiness then sitting outside in my own piece of land on this earth and just looking at the free gifts from God....the birds singing, a gentle breeze in the air....the bugs crawling on the table top. The trees in their beautiful limbs dancing quietly to the breeze.
This was spectacular...and will always be cherished. But its back to India......and she has her very own beauty , all her very own. And once you visit her, she's in your blood forever.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  1:12:31 PM  Show Profile
Beverly, I just had to stop by and say "hi". We are doing a barter - books for Christmas goodies for your kids - and after reading this post, I feel like I know you a little better - your kids, too. I'm sorry to hear of the rough time your kids have been having this past year - I will try to remember to keep them in my prayers - and you, too as I'm sure it'll be hard for you to leave the country and be so far away knowing that they are struggling.
It made me smile to hear of you talk of the "sweet whisper of appreciation" for all the little things God sends our way. You are a sweet, sweet lady and I'm glad to get to know you a little bit here on these forums and through our swap.

"So I threw my hands in the air. I was done with Wal-Mart and Wonderbread. I wanted something real."
-Excerpted from Jenna Woginrich's book, "Made from Scratch" a must-read!
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  1:57:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sarah,

Prayer does wonders...in fact I am just going over to the area where I can ask for prayers for my children....it has been very very hard this summer....I thank everyone for bartering with me---I've really really enjoyed having fun making nice barters. And I so look forward to volunteering at Scholastic Books...its fun and then I get to shop for your children.FUN.
I will check with the P.O. I think book post is cheaper then flat rate....I think???

ttyl

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:31:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi! Beverly~

It would be wonderful to see pictures of your home in India. Would love to visit some day.

So sorry to hear about the difficulties your children are having in finding work. It is difficult times we are in. So much uncertainty. I do believe we need to return to our roots more. We have become too wasteful and a bit greedy as a country, in general.

Have a safe trip~Thinking of you.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  2:38:20 PM  Show Profile
Just to let everyone know----tomorrow whoever I owe any swaps with from the states----meaning NOT material from India....I will be mailing the packages all out tomorrow.
Next week I will be visiting Maryland to say good bye to my parents...then as far as I know I will be coming back and packing up for India.
Please though, e-mail me when you get your packages, thanks. Everything is packed I just have to get to the post office early..
Beverly
Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  3:06:43 PM  Show Profile
Beverly,

I am praying for a safe trip for you!!! Let us know when you arrive and get settled :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  4:08:45 PM  Show Profile
thank you Sharon, all prayers always appreciated.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  6:30:23 PM  Show Profile
Beverly...Take care and have a safe flight!

I can't wait to see India in person and to see you, your family and your beautiful house. Someday!!

Let me know if you need anything "jam-wise" or otherwise... for the upcoming Holiday season. I will gladly ship! Just knowing that something I have packed and sent would be arriving in India tickles me to no end.

Bon Voyage dear friend!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  2:44:13 PM  Show Profile
thanks I believe I have decided on the 15th of September to go....packed today and am pretty much packed up.......am excited to be getting back.

ttyl

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  2:23:46 PM  Show Profile
Actually, its the 14th///now my ? who will be the first farm gal to visit me?? Hmmm....the door's always open. Just give me time to plan our fun............come on over.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  07:05:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello Beverly...it sounds so exciting!!!! Your apron went out with my DH this am, so you should have it by early to mid next week...i hope you enjoy it!!!

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  08:34:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Kelley, much appreciate that beauty.

Beverly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Beverly Gill -- How is India??? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page