Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Living your life as if you are already...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Living your life as if you are already... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
who or where you want to be. This for some reason popped into my head today but I remember about 8-9 years ago Oprah doing a show about this. The example they used was a young man who wanted to become a doctor, with no money for college and living in a very small town, his family was supportive but not encouraging enough to believe in him. The suggestion was to set yourself up for success. They cleaned up his apartment, making a work spot for him to encourage school work, find a job in healthcare, study up on his speciality (he wanted to work in pediatrics) etc. The decluttered his home because he wanted to have a more pulled together look yet was living in a disaster. I guess the point is making sure everything in your life is serving the purpose of your life. Does that make sense? Anywho, I am applying this principal and I feel so much better.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  11:51:23 AM  Show Profile
Positive thoughts can do amazing things. If you believe you can't well you all know, you can't. I am usually one who if ones says you can't I show them they are mistaken
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:00:01 PM  Show Profile
That whole concept intrigues me and I have used it in the past to help with weight loss. I have a tendancy when I gain weight to let myself go which perpetuates low self esteem, resulting in more weight gain. All it takes for me is to commit myself to a renewed effort to eat well, and even before I lose an ounce, I find myself dressing nicer, doing my makeup and hair, etc. I believe this is the same principle - taking steps towards acting like I would if I were thinner.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I can explain my own. Looking at my goals, I want to be a senior level administrator in a large hospital. So I stepped up my wardrobe and style. I have decluttered and re-designed my home to be more calm, organized and happy. This in turn lets me focus on my educational and professional goals more. I have been reading more journal articles lately and re-working my resume. That is just one example of how I am using this.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  12:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I do this to an extent already - I want to go back to school to be a Clinical Nutritionist - a holistic one. I have found an excellent program through a school in Connecticut that allows students to learn online - you just have to take your finals in CT. Meanwhile, I am working on studying on my own to make classes easier once I do gather up the money to get started. People already ask me for herbal remedies all the time, and for nutritional advice, so it is nice that other people already see I have some useful knowledge in my gray matter even without having the formal education underway yet.

However, I find one principle that I try to employ in my everyday life: to live in the moment. I even painted this in an Arts and Crafts style lettering over my dining area doorway. I can get so caught up in "stuff" that I need the reminder to breathe, smell the flowers, or enjoy simple things.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  3:12:42 PM  Show Profile
Heather:
When my dad passed away he left me enough money to beable to go to college to study music. I did. Every class I went to, I thought about my dad. When I graduated, I know he was present. I taught music for a while, but because of circumstances had to stop. But, I can go back to teach any day I wish. I would have never asked my dad to send me to college. He had 6 other children. I was raising a son on my own. Because of that gift, I believe life is such a beautiful journey. And like Rae said, one has to be positive. I practice that daily. What a nice post.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  4:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Lynn, that is the great part of all of this, I AM now living in the moment because I know exactly what I want and I strive everyday to live that life. It is a full circle. : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Living your life as if you are already... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page