Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Had a very, very successful Driveway Sale today!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Had a very, very successful Driveway Sale today! Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  9:02:23 PM  Show Profile
I unloaded a ton of stuff! I'm going to have one tomorrow too. Am digging around in the house for more stuff to sell!.

I'd rather sell the stuff than find a place to put this stuff away. I had 2 whole bedrooms full of boxes of stuff and now it's whittled down so that I can see the carpet and the walls!

This is my first driveway/garage sale and I'm just proud as I can be!! The only thing I think I would change for the 'next' time I do one is to better advertise it. I had signs up all along my road from the main road but people told me they had blown down. Hubby would fix them and they'd blow down again. I put an ad on Craigslist but no one said they saw it, just saw a sign before it blew down or passing by or heard about it from someone else.

Next time, better signs and better advertisements. Live and learn, eh?? I had the best time and hope tmr will be even 1/2 as good!

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great, Winona!! Sometimes selling things is the best feeling ever!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  08:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
We always hang signs at the local eatery and gas stations that have boards. You would be suprised at how many people saw ours there. Congrats!! Doesn't it feel good to clean out AND make a litte extra dough!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  2:24:14 PM  Show Profile
That's great, Wynona! I need to have a sale here, too. But I think of all the work that goes into the before sale part and I talk myself out of it. It's way too hot here anyway!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  2:26:01 PM  Show Profile
Good for you! Glad you did well and more importantly, had fun doing it!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  5:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Update: Today went well and we sold about 2/3rds as much as yesterday. Along towards the end, the rain blew up and we had to scrap the rest of the day but only missed about 2 hours worth. So, hubby said we'd continue tmr. I said it was Father's Day but he said he's been working so hard on the place (he has, too) that the best thing he could think of was to do NOTHING. Just to sit and watch the stuff and see if anything sells. So, there we are!

Yep, the extra change will sure come in handy! I can pay my electric bill and a couple of others...woo hoo!!

Winona :-)

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  04:50:46 AM  Show Profile
That's great, Winona! I've been giving some stuff away through Freecycle. It's a good feeling, like a weight has been lifted, to get rid of stuff. I have a long way to go, but at least it's a beginning. A yard sale is not too practical where I live. It's in a condominium community that gets bypassed. It's been tried. How nice for you to make extra $$ to pay off some bills!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  07:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great, Winona!! Congrats on selling so much wonderful stuff!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  3:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Wow Winona that's what I need to do. I do have boxes and boxes of stuff put away for that. It's just to DO IT. LOL
Good luck tomorrow.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Had a very, very successful Driveway Sale today! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page