Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Its the little touches.... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  12:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
that can make a simple home so much more special. I have realized when you have less, everything suddenly becomes more focused and it really does need to serve a purpose. Little touches around the home have freshened up the house...

I took a favorite glass container and unwrapped all of my soaps (I use DOVE sensitive bars) and placed them in there,,,pretty and practical. I tied a leftover pink ribbon around the top.

I did the same with hubbies soap in a smaller jar. This has freed up some valuable space in the linen closet and makes for a beautiful piece of "artwork" in the bathroom.

I told you how I neutralized everything in the house and I painted a clock, basket, a wall hook/shelf unit, 3 star bathroom hooks in white and everything looks so nice and clean and chic without much effort.

I finally bought new bath towels...are were 7 years old and on their last cottong little legs...I purchased 6 new ones and they are so pretty. They are a soft grey/brown and really soften up nicely against the pop's of turquoise in the house.

It really is the little things.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  1:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Heather:
You bet it's the little things. I surely found that out after two floods. I may have lost a lot, but most of the stuff was material things anyway. However, what I do have left I refer to as the little things that still mean alot. Seems like you are doing a great job decorating. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  1:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Aww Marly...sorry to hear about your loss!!! But it seems you know what your priorities are!!! (((HUGS)))

Heather

Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  3:49:18 PM  Show Profile
After all of these posts, you're just gonna have to post some pics, Heather-girl!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  3:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
As soon as we get settled down again, I will. If we get this little house, there is a lot of sprucing up we need to do. They said we can paint and the living is some aweful yellow sponge paint...I picked out some pretty grey/browns/neutrals today for paint. I have lots of cheap tricks up my sleeves..so stand by!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Its the little touches.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page