Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  1:46:24 PM  Show Profile
I bought the MJfarms black bean and sweet corn chowder in the bulk pack a little while back..I LOVE it! I am not the type to eat soup in summertime though so it has just been sitting there in the pantry in a jar...today, when I couldn't figure out what to have for lunch for myself (the kids are at the local pool swimming for the afternoon) and I decided to make it much thicker, like refried beans, and add some pepper jack cheese and make a burrito..it was AWESOME!! It will be my "go-to" lunch this summer until the tomatoes are ripe...since by then all I will want is tomatoes and cottage cheese over and over. It was just yummy!! The perfect organic, yummy little burrito...a quick lunch I could feel good about!! TRY it!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  3:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny:
I sure wish I could share our tomatoes with you. I can't find enough people who want them. My DH and I have salads, tomatoe sandwiches, etc...... When I read, I grab a handful of cherry tomatoes and eat away while I read. YUMMY! Now, I have never had tomatoes and cottage cheese. But, I will certainly try it.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  4:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh man...if only I lived closer to Louisiana!!! We won't have ripe tomatoes until end of July at the soonest...sigh.....

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  07:50:59 AM  Show Profile
WoW!!! Aunt Jenny that sounds so yummy...I have that mix so today when I'm at the store I will buy some wraps!
Marly....have you made salsa with your tomatoes?

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic I have to share.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page