Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Funny thing, the universe and the way things go...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Funny thing, the universe and the way things go... Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  08:19:54 AM  Show Profile
We started today off leisurely...I awoke before the alarm at 6:15, listening to Violet gurgle and coo on the monitor. We both got up to fix her bottle and get ready for the day. Gave Violet her bottle, had some coffee and a bowl of cereal, hopped in the shower, played with Violet in her crib while changing her clothes, got myself ready, addressed some bills, went out into the garden to see what has changed since yesterday (a mandatory start to my day) and on the way out the door, made sure we had all bags, work items, etc...asked Jus if he had the keys, "check" and then closed and locked to door only to realized Jus DIDN'T have the keys. Spent a couple of minutes trying to find an unlocked window (none--what can I say, we live next to a future axe murderer!!), a few more minutes yelling at each other for a) not having the keys when you say you do, and b) locking all the windows and leaving the cell phone on the charger.

Now we're no longer leisurely, nor on time for anything. So, I went to the neighbor's, made calls to work, a locksmith and a half hour and $95.00 later, we start our day.

I said to Violet while we were walking the garden, waiting on the locksmith, "now, Vi, this is what we call MONDAY!" and she laughed, and it made everything just fine. Secretly, I'd wished for more time with her at home today, and I guess the Universe made it happen just so, so I'm grateful--we even had enough time while waiting to rock in the porch swing. Jus took the time to take out his frustrations on the weeds with the whacker , so that was a boon, to boot!

Thanks goes to the puppeteer up above--the day didn't start out so badly afterall!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  08:31:23 AM  Show Profile
~~ ~~ Oh, before we moved down here from the city, I had a similiar fun-time thing happen.

Noah & I got ourselves locked out of our house, and we even called a locksmith...ok, fine, everything was all good.

And the Locksmith shows up...and for the next 2 Hours, tries to unlock our front door...back door...Sunroom Door...

He couldn't do one blasted thing.

I was so beside myself -- But I couldn't say a thing..jus' kept waiting for Something.

Finally about 3hours later (for real...) the Boss shows up, an' in about 5 minutes gets the front door unlocked.

The "new" guy didn't have the right tools to unlock any of our doors..

Yup - $95 later, an' I vowed to never have it happen again. Fortunately it hasn't, an' besides, we usually have one window or another open anyway!!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  09:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Jonni! So glad that you got to enjoy a little more time with Vi this morning!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  09:56:39 AM  Show Profile
thats cute!

My day started that way yesterday, I slept in, had coffee, visited with my chickens and planned my whole day... then the hubsters was like : we gotta go to Moms and to the store and blah, blah, blah..." sigh.... my leisure ended pretty quickly!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  10:13:43 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I am so glad you can see the good in all things. How neat to take a bad thing and turn it all around for good. What a great start to your day afterall.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  10:55:57 AM  Show Profile
See, that locksmith in the sky wanted you to stay home a little longer too. :) Good to see the blessings in the frustrations of life.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  1:51:52 PM  Show Profile
That's the way I'm going to look at it, Jeannie...I really didn't mind it so much at all, especially when Violet seemed to find her momma and daddy's predicament so humorous

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  11:40:26 AM  Show Profile
When stuff like that happens to me, I shrug and remind myself that the inconvenience could be saving me from being in a car accident or something. I know things like that happened to a few people who were supposed to be at their desks in the World Trade Center on 9/11. All for a reason.....

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Funny thing, the universe and the way things go... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page