True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  05:45:18 AM  Show Profile

Pocket Bunny Pattern

making some more pocket bunnies .. i think these are a tad larger than the 'bunny eggs' ... and i 'sewed and turned' the ears cuz' i made them a little larger. this pattern is about 5 inches tall and the ears are about 3 inches tall. you can jus' do that olde 'eye-ballin' thingie .. and make your larger or smaller. i tried to make mine just about the right size to fit in a child's 'pocket'.

will make 'springtime' little 'sack dresses' for them .. getting ready to head out for a VERY SNOWY weekend at a lodge with honey hunk .. but will post a pic of the 'sack' pattern when i get back .. and these little dudes can become a 'girl' or 'boy' bunny just by the fabric you make the sack out of!

to make them .. just sew around the body/head and around the ears. leave the BOTTOM of the ears and the BOTTOM of the bunny open for turning. only stuff the BODY .. not the ears. i just 'hand-tacked' the ears onto the back of the head. will applique some little 'bunny shaped' noses (a triagle-ish shape with the point DOWN) .. you can stitch a bunny mouth too if you wish .. and add some little stitched eyes .. jus' simple ones.

actually, the 'sack outfit' is a little larger version of the bunny bottom part .. but you have to make the top of the sack large enough to squish your bunny body into. i just 'gather the neckline and tack it TO the bunny. then add a ribbon around the bunny's neck and embellish it anyway you like. (a pocket sewn to the 'dress' to hold some 'jelly beans' is a nice idea too. have fun and hope to see some pictures of finished ones when we get back home. have a great weekend farmgirls! xo

True Friends, Frannie

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  07:03:59 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
cute cute, looking forward to seeing the all done bunnys. Have a great get away weekend, or if you don't get this before you go, hope you had a great weekend. Did you take any projects with you, or is Hank your project?
Nancy Jo

Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  07:55:14 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see these done! Bunnys are most FAVORITE thing ever!! I used to collect them....till them dang things started takin' over the house.....and not a one of them would help with the dishes....so that put an end to that.......BUT, every once in a while...there's one that just grabs my heart...and away home with me it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These look small enough that I could have 5..maybe 6 and have NO problems at all!!LOL

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

http://www.rustypinsandoldlace.com/
'Antiques & HandMades for your heart and your home.'
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  09:42:34 AM  Show Profile
Paula
was wondering where you went , hadn't seen you on the sites for a few days. oh yea you do have a shop to run. Is your shop in your home? and are you opened everyday? tell me more about it. Can't wait to get my box from you, and one coming from Frannie too. Boy life is good.
Those bunnies that our Frannie has decided to tempt us with sure are cute!
xxo
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Rosenwalt
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Rose Marie
NY
77 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  10:00:29 AM  Show Profile
How cute....can we see the finished project?

Rose in NY

Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  10:10:29 AM  Show Profile
Hey Rose ,
The finished product is pictured on Page 19 of the cabin fever doll class forum in the stiching room .
Hope that helps,
Theresa
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  12:55:34 AM  Show Profile
well chilluns .. i made some little aprons with pockets and inside the pockets are 'pocket bunnies' .. the aprons are just 'big dolly' size .. more for 'decoratin' with than wearing. they are 'brighter sunnier spring colors' rather than my usual more 'prim' .. but they are pretty cute though! made a dozen of them .. and i'll post pics in the morning ... OH WAIT A MINUTE! it IS morning! almost 4 a.m. and i'm still awake (but hey miz mary .. i WILL get some sleep before the sun comes up!) i also made four little dolly size 'jelly bean aprons' .. and 10 more bright aprons that i cut 'teensy' bunnies out to fit in the pockets .. will finish those up tomorrow .. will post pics in a few hours!

i'm on an 'easter roll'!!! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  04:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Frannie
lets see, guess you would be sleeping now!! Anyway, what cute new dolls and looking to see the new pocket bunnies. You are tempting me wilth your new stuff. i will wait until my order from you comes, write you a check and then probably start over again if you are going to keep this up!! Guess you found the google site.been making some mail art, hope Iam doing it right, but still need a list of address's to send any. well here I go, broke my own rule, do not go on the Mary Jane site until all the morning work is done.got to get busy so I can play!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  06:37:16 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY DARLIN'S!!!!!! The sun is shinin'...the kids are in school...and I'm sippin' my coffee!! GOSH...life is good!!!!! Miss Frannie...how was the week-end?? Any stories??
Nancy girl.....I got your check..gonna send out your box either later today or early morn. I have bunches of eggs to do so it depends on when I run into town. Actually darlin', I run the internet business from my home. I have 1 or 2 shows a year out of my house...but other then that, it's all internet. Oh..I did forget that I will have bunches of stuff in a new store opening up in Ill.
Now......I have a dollie all cut and ready to put together....hopefully soon...I hear the poor thing yellin' at me from the sewin' room!!! She sure is a lippy one!!

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

Edited by - Rusty pins on Feb 14 2006 06:40:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  07:00:21 AM  Show Profile
PAULA
YOU ARE ONE BUSY GIRL, CAN'T WAIT FOR MY BOX!! Will keep checking out your site to see what you are up to. Doing some embroidery today, did some mail art yesterday, or at least I think I did, not really sure what mail art is. of course the yo yo's are always calling me, only need about 8000 more. making a pretty doilie, remembered how much fun that is once I got started, lots of reading to do, and I just have to check in to this great place several times a day.Not to mention my house, Richard, big kids little kids. life is good, one day at a time.
xxx
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  07:07:28 AM  Show Profile
PAULA
FORGOT TO ASK, that pound cake recipe, is the shorting like crisco, or is it butter?
nancy jo
Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  07:33:48 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, it's Crisco. But I have used butter as well. So use whatever you have on hand. :o)

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  12:26:07 PM  Show Profile
well ya'll .. i stayed up until 4 a.m. this morning finishing up some cute little jelly-bean and bunny-pocket APRONS. too many photos to post right now .. but i sent them along to all my 'treasure seekers'. if ya' wanna' peek at 'em .. e-mail me! (for the bigger ones, i used the pattern above). xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Pocket Bunnies Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page