pamcook
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Pam
Chapel Hill NC
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  06:06:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm very early in my research - I don't have a huge kitchen so I'm tempted to go with a Vita-Mix (replacing my rarely-used blender). Please weigh-in with your opinions and wisdom. I found a good deal on a used machine - older style with metal "pitcher" (whatever you call that part) which seems more durable to me. Help me make a decision, please!

www.ikat.org
www.longaberger.com/pamcook

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  06:42:08 AM  Show Profile
I have a Vita-Mix and I love it for everything I use it for. It does just what they say it does - and I don't know if you saw my story about the Vita-Mix "accident" we had, but to make a long story short, I have the plastic "pitchers" and they survived flying off the back of a pickup and bouncing down the freeway (as well as the main unit), so the VM is definately durable.The only negative thing I can think of to say about it is for grinding grain, you have to do several small batches, which can be tedious if you're wanting to grind a lot of flour. I'm not sure how the grain mill works, but with the VM you have to put a little in the bowl, grind it, dump it out, repeat until you get the desired amount of flour.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

pamcook
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Pam
Chapel Hill NC
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  5:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sherri

www.ikat.org
www.longaberger.com/pamcook