mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:52:41 PM  Show Profile
Boy - it must be bad news month for my kids. My oldest daughter e-mailed me today that when she got home from work Thursday, someone had broken into their house - kicked the door in between the garage and utility room and stolen al their small electronics, jewelry, checks and SS#. She has three little boys and her husband works out of state all week, so I'm just grateful she wasn't unexpectedly home with one of the boys sick or something when it happened. I'm sad - my mom's engagement ring, which I gave to her as the oldest grandchild when my mom went into the home, was stolen. She's worried of course about the identity theft..... what a world we live in.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow Sherri, tough luck. Yet it is good she wasn't home. I guess I just don't understand the criminal mind. Who could be so mean. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:56:28 PM  Show Profile
Sherri, that is scary, I hope that the police can recover some of the things...I don't know what to say about the ID theft, that is just terrible. What a world indeed.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:58:59 PM  Show Profile
I don't know - I'm guessing someone who needed money for drugs. She lives in a really nice neighborhood in Mukilteo - but she is the last house on a dead end street and I think everyone on that street works during the day. Someone must have been checking out the place to watch their routines. You're right - thank goodness noone was home.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  5:22:40 PM  Show Profile
My daughter and her family were robbed last year Memorial Weekend. They were visiting us and went home and ..... to top it off they used their car to haul some stuff.
Really makes me angry when people do this for drug $$ or just because they are too darn lazy to work!!! Really upsets me!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  7:42:08 PM  Show Profile
I have recently learned from personal experience that things can be replaced, people can't. We have to all be thankful when it is just the things that are missing. I experienced this personally several years ago when my apartment was broken into while I was in the shower. Talk about being watched to know your routine. This is an awful thing and it is a sad world we live in but thankfully your DD and her children are safe. I wish her the best on getting the identity theft sorted out quickly.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  9:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sherri! How scary! I can't imagine the stress, horror, and just plain weirdness of that situation! I would be so unnerved! Beth is right- at least it was just things- even important things. I am so glad no one was hurt.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Garrity
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Sharon
Bremerton Wa
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  9:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Sherri, I don't know you but I suggest you try to find a picture of the ring if you can. Then your daughter can give it to the police to add to the report. It could help in getting it back. You know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sharon
Daddy's Baby Girl

Learning who and what I am.
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  11:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Okay Sherri, that's enough, you're family has had more than their share. I'm praying that you don't have any more "bad luck" in your family(at least for a good long while).
Okay, prayer said.
God bless that your DD and children weren't hurt. Hopefully she will be able to stop any ID theft before it begins since she found out right away what they took and has a P/R filed.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  04:27:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah and look on Ebay, that is where my daughter found her TV!!!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  04:35:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh, no! That's terrible! Thank goodness they were not home. Yep, I'd say your family has had their fill for the year.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  04:50:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh sorry to here that happened to your DD and Family. Is it a small town? If so I bet they will find out who did it word of mouth> In any case bummer...life is hard enough without all that!

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  05:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
So sorry, Sherri. It's scary that someone was watching and planning.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  06:15:49 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry that this happened to your daughter's family- I will keep them in my prayers!
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  06:16:50 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, I will keep your daughter family in my mind and prayers.
I hope something can be done about the id thief and that all will be fine soon. Hand in here sister, I know your heart is heavy but all will be working in the end.
Farmgirl hugs,
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  06:19:35 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry that happened! It seems like in these tough financial times, there are more and more of these things happening. I am so glad everyone is okay. And I hope they find the ring and other important items.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bad news from my DD Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page