Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Organic glamour girls---homemade!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Organic glamour girls---homemade! Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2004 :  09:02:19 AM  Show Profile
Found a site (Lyciall.com) quite by accident that had all these cool recipes for homemade "beauty treatments" soap, face masks, lip balm, homemade lotion soap,bath salts and more! All natural and they sounded like fun. We just might have to give this a try on Sunday too!
Have fun! Bramble

with a happy heart

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2004 :  12:00:07 PM  Show Profile
I love making that sort of thing too. I taught a group of 16 and 17 year old girls to make lip balm last year..we had alot of fun! I made some that was an orange mint flavor. I am almost out now. My daughter in law and I do bath salts alot too..makes a great gift, and we offered it for sale with our handmade soaps when we were doing craft shows last year. (I am not doing that this year) I have been getting some soaps ready for holiday gifts. I love to make rosemary hair rinse ( I have very dark hair) or chamomile for blonds to give as gifts too. I have a few books on homemade herbal bath things too. Have fun!!! Oh...try putting rose petals or peppermint leaves in a jar of plain old cornstarch..makes a lovely bath powder..cheap too!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2004 :  06:14:11 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny and Bayou Bunch-- Thanks for the extra info, we did end up making the lipglosses and the paper cup soaps. Of course we altered the recipes a bit but ...the results were great! Lemon verbena soap can't be beat! The jury is still out on chocolate almond mint lip gloss! One of the girls brought some soap molds she had shaped like eggs! Too funny for a "hen" party! I will have to see if our library has any of the books you listed this was alot of fun!
Thanks again! Bramble

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

sweetpea
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Kelley
Oxnard California
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2005 :  09:27:08 AM  Show Profile
Gosh, I had all those books and they've all mysteriously disappeared...
Some other good books for this thing are Kelly Reno's books...
Easy and have stuff that is readily on hand!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Organic glamour girls---homemade! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page