Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Homemade Pasta and New Pasta Machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Homemade Pasta and New Pasta Machine Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  8:04:46 PM  Show Profile
My parents got me a pasta machine that rolls out the dough then cuts it to 3 different sizes. I went to find the whole durham wheat berries but couldn't find those so had to buy already groung semolina flour, which is durham wheat. So anyway I made the dough from the package directions and it was so good. I want to try the dandelion and spinach pasta next. It was so easy. And I made sauce with all my own things I had canned plus sausage from our pigs. It was really good. And also had bread that I made, too. And salad from the farmers market. So a pretty good made from scratch as local as possible dinner. I was quite pleased with it and so was everyone else. The 2 older grandkids are here and want to make pasta now. We'll make some more next week.

Has anyone else got a pasta machine? It is something I have wanted for a long time. I have made pasta before but all by hand. This I mixed up in my food pracessor and then kneaded by hand a few minutes.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  8:38:39 PM  Show Profile
I have an Atlas hand cranked machine and love to make home made pasta! The variation on sauces is endless. Gonna make some lemon pepper pasta or sundried tomato pasta with artichoke hearts...love it!!!I love my own pasta! Glad you got one, have so much fun with it Kris!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Edited by - Annika on May 29 2009 8:39:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  8:57:29 PM  Show Profile
Annika, if you have recipes, I'd love to try the sundried tomatoes and artichoke. I always use artichoke pasta and would love to make my own. Could I use dehydrated tomatoes instead, though? And mine is hand crank, too. I just couldn't think of the right word. Machine sounds like it's electric, but it's not. It is so fun. I feel like I'm up there now with all the tv network cooks!

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  9:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I kind of play it by touch and don't have a recipe, but I'll try to come up with one. I'm a pinch of this and that type cook. But there is nothing like home made pasta! Stay tuned I'll write up a recipe as soon as I can figure out the measurements!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  07:34:48 AM  Show Profile
I have a hand crank kind. I LOVE it! Basil pasta is my favorite! There is a rrecip on my blog somewhere!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  08:24:46 AM  Show Profile
What time is dinner?
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  08:27:44 AM  Show Profile
I have an Atlas, also and would love an artichoke pasta recipe

Has anyone used the ravioli attachment. Got one as a gift but have never tried it.
One year I made pasta and homemade sauce for my sisters in law for Christmas. There was pasta everywhere, hanging on broomsticks to dry. Too much fun
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  6:51:03 PM  Show Profile
I did that a few years back. Had it hanging all over the house on ant broom and mop and stick I could find. It was so funny to see all that stringy pasta all over.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1680 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1680 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  5:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I have an Atlas pasta maker. It is just awsome to make your own pasta and have it hanging all over the kitchen. I got tired of using a broom stick, so I made a drying rack out of a dowel rod that hangs on brackets over my kichen sink window. When I make my pasta sauce from scratch I usually make 8 quarts and then freeze the rest into different containers,thaw and add different ingediants to whatever type of pasta I'm making. Do't have an ravioli attachment but would love one. Have fun in the kitchen ya'll.

Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Homemade Pasta and New Pasta Machine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page